Raul Neto is waived or traded

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Raul Neto is waived or traded 

Post#81 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Jul 4, 2019 11:03 am

I were posting in the spanish 76ers thread (they are not writing home about him) they got a player far better than may look.

We all admit he had some health issuess but I honestly think he will be missed here.

I were far less nervous when the ball was in his hands than I were when it was in any of our other guards' hands, saving RR and Joe.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#82 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:37 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:I were posting in the spanish 76ers thread (they are not writing home about him) they got a player far better than may look.

We all admit he had some health issuess but I honestly think he will be missed here.

I were far less nervous when the ball was in his hands than I were when it was in any of our other guards' hands, saving RR and Joe.

Agreed. If Neto stays healthy, he is still a much better player than the recent versions of Exum and Mudiay imo. Neto had the highest net rating on the Jazz last season by a long shot, and he had a defensive rating under 100 every season. Philly got a very capable backup on a great deal.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#83 » by Winglish » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:32 pm

In an ironic twist of fate-

The Mudiay contract is the exact same number that Raul Neto got from Philly.

Raul has some strong feelings about the whole situation...probably best not to share.

Suffice it to say Raul wanted to stay in Utah but that he is happy another team picked him up.

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#84 » by dr0welf » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:17 pm

Winglish wrote:In an ironic twist of fate-

Raul has some strong feelings about the whole situation...probably best not to share.

Suffice it to say Raul wanted to stay in Utah but that he is happy another team picked him up.

Yeah, I would rather have Neto as well. I really liked his on court presence. I know they had to clear the space to do the Conley trade, but I don't know why they didn't just let Neto know that they wanted to resign him once he cleared waivers for the league minimum. Not sure on the rules but once you put someone on waivers and they clear them could the team that released him still have signed him?

I hope Neto doesn't hold any hard feelings as he is a tremendous person and that could hold him back. Wish him all the success in Philly!
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#85 » by Winglish » Thu Jul 4, 2019 8:12 pm

dr0welf wrote:
Winglish wrote:In an ironic twist of fate-

Yeah, I would rather have Neto as well. I really liked his on court presence. I know they had to clear the space to do the Conley trade, but I don't know why they didn't just let Neto know that they wanted to resign him once he cleared waivers for the league minimum. Not sure on the rules but once you put someone on waivers and they clear them could the team that released him still have signed him?

I hope Neto doesn't hold any hard feelings as he is a tremendous person and that could hold him back. Wish him all the success in Philly!
I will!

Raul will be fine. He is a tremendous human being and a player who works tirelessly to improve.

Return to Utah Jazz