WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya, DelaneyRudd

User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,433
And1: 5,982
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#1 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Daddy 801
Head Coach
Posts: 7,343
And1: 2,288
Joined: May 14, 2013
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#2 » by Daddy 801 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:33 pm

Yesssssss. Good move.
sunevisions
Senior
Posts: 726
And1: 64
Joined: Jan 08, 2004
Location: HK
Contact:

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#3 » by sunevisions » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Gd bye Favors
User avatar
Luigi
General Manager
Posts: 8,010
And1: 3,571
Joined: Aug 13, 2009
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#4 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:39 pm

Portis. If we don't get Portis, this will be a big mistake.

I loved the Conley deal. I hate this by itself
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
User avatar
Cappy_Smurf
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,650
And1: 9,093
Joined: Apr 26, 2015
   

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#5 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:42 pm

Doesn't DL know we should be building through the draft?

How ya gonna get good picks when your team is winning all the time?

Fire Lindsey!
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,433
And1: 5,982
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#6 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Bittersweet. Favors was my favorite Jazz player from this generation and I've spent countless hours defending him here. This sucks bad... that we have to let him go... I really hate seeing him go. Tremendous player, exemplary teammate and seemed like a great person off the court. He will be missed. Too bad we had to get two of the best players at the only position that cannot really field 2 players on the floor at the same time.
red4hf
General Manager
Posts: 8,494
And1: 213
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#7 » by red4hf » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 pm

If we got last year's Bojan, this is an awesome move...... With Conley and Mitchell he should get a ton of open looks......
red4hf
General Manager
Posts: 8,494
And1: 213
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#8 » by red4hf » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:45 pm

stitches wrote:Bittersweet. Favors was my favorite Jazz player from this generation and I've spent countless hours defending him here. This sucks bad... that we have to let him go... I really hate seeing him go. Tremendous player, exemplary teammate and seemed like a great person off the court. He will be missed. Too bad we had to get two of the best players at the only position that cannot really field 2 players on the floor at the same time.


I hate to see Faves go as well..... He was an absolute warrior for us...... I hope he lands somewhere where he will be really appreciated......
User avatar
KDBG
Starter
Posts: 2,090
And1: 1,321
Joined: Nov 19, 2012
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#9 » by KDBG » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 15,820
And1: 4,194
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:50 pm

Will miss Favors, but this has been a great off-season. Can't wait to see what we do next.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Rauxcee
Analyst
Posts: 3,148
And1: 1,830
Joined: Jan 07, 2006
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#11 » by Rauxcee » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:50 pm

At least I can say the Jazz are addressing their offensive issues and aren't running it back.

A for effort.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,433
And1: 5,982
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#12 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:58 pm

Read on Twitter
SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,275
And1: 611
Joined: Jul 29, 2009

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#13 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:59 pm

Welcome to the Zanik era.
SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,275
And1: 611
Joined: Jul 29, 2009

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#14 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:02 pm

stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is this more sophisticated than the ESPN trade machine in which a player with low minutes but high PER slants the trade favorably according to their math, but not in the real world?
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 10,407
And1: 2,173
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#15 » by GobertReport » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:02 pm

I’m so excited!!!! Do we follow up with Portis?
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
User avatar
youngthegiant
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,739
And1: 2,924
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
     

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#16 » by youngthegiant » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 pm

Nice! Now we don't have to worry about a Favors/Gobert front court.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,433
And1: 5,982
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#17 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is this more sophisticated than the ESPN trade machine in which a player with low minutes but high PER slants the trade favorably according to their math, but not in the real world?

All those models are based on projected minutes and RAPM or some derivative of it.
User avatar
Luigi
General Manager
Posts: 8,010
And1: 3,571
Joined: Aug 13, 2009
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#18 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:06 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Nice! Now we don't have to worry about a Favors/Gobert front court.


Yup, scorers all over the league just smiled knowing there is a lone rim reaper in Utah now. I hope Gobert can be a one man defense without even having a backup center.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,275
And1: 611
Joined: Jul 29, 2009

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#19 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:13 pm

stitches wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:
stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is this more sophisticated than the ESPN trade machine in which a player with low minutes but high PER slants the trade favorably according to their math, but not in the real world?

All those models are based on projected minutes and RAPM or some derivative of it.
RAPM could be higher playing with Gobert at your back, but still a concern. Jazz got their sniper, though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 13,139
And1: 4,544
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#20 » by KqWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:15 pm

Well, Rudy is clearly going to have to earn his money now. He's the only C on roster and only player with any sort of big man ability at all. I think in 7/10 scenarios Favors makes us a better regular season team, but it's about winning the championship. This is probably the best the Jazz could do after digging themselves into a hole.

Return to Utah Jazz