Emmanuel Mudiay

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Re: WOJ: Emmanuel Mudiay signs with Jazz 

Post#41 » by Winglish » Thu Jul 4, 2019 6:08 pm

Luigi wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Tony Jones saying jazz looking to make another move. Hmmmm what contract do they have to move?

Can you link the tweet?
I saw the Tweet also. Tony Jones sent it out yesterday morning.

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#42 » by KqWIN » Thu Jul 4, 2019 6:53 pm

Tweet

Read on Twitter

Article excerpt

Utah’s not finished with the roster. Tony Bradley, sources say, is expected to secure the third center spot, which means the Jazz are finally going to put the former first-round pick on the roster and see what he can do. The Jazz could make another move in free agency in order to secure a bit more wing depth.

Clear and obvious that a trade is not happening. The Jazz are deciding which one's of their second rounders are worth real NBA contracts versus signing another minimum guy. He reported earlier that they are looking for another shooter. I expect a wing shooter to be the final target.

Stauskas, Kormaz, Korver, Dorsey...someone of that ilk.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#43 » by pickIBL » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:08 pm

Luigi wrote:
stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Tony Jones saying jazz looking to make another move. Hmmmm what contract do they have to move?

Exum... for Iggy? Who says no?

Probably Iggy. I get the feeling he doesn't like us.

Coach could take him and the SL team to chapel
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#44 » by KqWIN » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:36 pm

Thought Nate Duncan had a good point about Mudiay. It's not a bad thing for the Jazz to have a player who's mindset is just to get buckets.

One of the things that fell apart with our offense was the single +usage player roster composition. We've added lots of firepower, but ideally we can load manage our way through the year. Mudiay can be a facsimile (a really bad one) of Mitchell or Conley when they are taking the night off in terms of usage.

I'm not a believer in his sudden elite mid range game, but hopefully the Jazz coaching staff can help him improve his defense and finishing around the basket.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#45 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:52 pm

KqWIN wrote:Thought Nate Duncan had a good point about Mudiay. It's not a bad thing for the Jazz to have a player who's mindset is just to get buckets.

One of the things that fell apart with our offense was the single +usage player roster composition. We've added lots of firepower, but ideally we can load manage our way through the year. Mudiay can be a facsimile (a really bad one) of Mitchell or Conley when they are taking the night off in terms of usage.

I'm not a believer in his sudden elite mid range game, but hopefully the Jazz coaching staff can help him improve his defense and finishing around the basket.
If I'm looking for a someone to just get buckets and PG spot i'd rather the Jazz signed Dennis S if were talking same price tag.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#46 » by Phish Tank » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:36 am

Knicks fan here:

there's a reason he got a vet min contract. If you can unleash anything new in his game, that'll be a major accomplishment. Good luck
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,194

Post#47 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:39 pm

KqWIN wrote:Tweet

Read on Twitter

Article excerpt

Utah’s not finished with the roster. Tony Bradley, sources say, is expected to secure the third center spot, which means the Jazz are finally going to put the former first-round pick on the roster and see what he can do. The Jazz could make another move in free agency in order to secure a bit more wing depth.

Clear and obvious that a trade is not happening. The Jazz are deciding which one's of their second rounders are worth real NBA contracts versus signing another minimum guy. He reported earlier that they are looking for another shooter. I expect a wing shooter to be the final target.

Stauskas, Kormaz, Korver, Dorsey...someone of that ilk.

I could see the Jazz picking up Tyler Dorsey as a backup 2. He'd basically replace Grayson Allen, and, quite frankly, might be better than Grayson Allen. I think the Jazz are intrigued by Oni though. I think Cheick Diallo is still out there too.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,194

Post#48 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 pm

I see some similarities between Mudiay and Tyreke Evans. Mudiay needs to improve his shooting and play on the wing. He's not a natural PG. But he could come in and beat up on smaller guards.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#49 » by KqWIN » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Catchall wrote:
I could see the Jazz picking up Tyler Dorsey as a backup 2. He'd basically replace Grayson Allen, and, quite frankly, might be better than Grayson Allen. I think the Jazz are intrigued by Oni though. I think Cheick Diallo is still out there too.

I had the same thought about Mudiay. Both Mudiay and Dorsey are younger than Allen. It's not clear to me that Allen is actually a better prospect.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#50 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:52 am

I think that in the end Mudiay will turn out to be a pleasant surprise.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#51 » by zero24gravity » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I think that in the end Mudiay will turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

:D Wahoo! :D
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#52 » by stitches » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:36 am

Read on Twitter
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#53 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Thought his interview went well. He said the most important things. He is coachable, and he wants to improve. I also was happy to hear he has a goofy personality according to him. I bet he fits right in. I like this signing the more I get to see him interviewed. He is so young still and plenty of room to grow as a player.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#54 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Thought his interview went well. He said the most important things. He is coachable, and he wants to improve. I also was happy to hear he has a goofy personality according to him. I bet he fits right in. I like this signing the more I get to see him interviewed. He is so young still and plenty of room to grow as a player.

Apparently Mudiay spoke French as his primary language as a young child, so there's a golden opportunity here for Rudy to do some extracurricular, private coaching from the floor when Mudiay misses defensive assignments. :biggrin: Seriously though, it seems like Mudiay is arriving with just the right attitude and age to where he could potentially develop in to a very good rotation player. Go Jazz!
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#55 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:07 pm

stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
I don't buy this at all. Exum will be on the roster come October. You can never have enough athletic wings to throw at people defensively, and also fills in fairly well if (when?) there are injuries.

Mudiay is young & could still be developed to be a really nice player.

The team needed depth, and this move got them that. He's flawed, but very serviceable. Much better option than relying on GLeague/2nd round picks. It's not like he was a 10mpg player with tons of DNP's. He's averaged 25mpg & 12ppg for his career (granted on bad teams). I don't see him coming to Utah unless he expects to be a rotation regular. His shooting issues aren't nearly as glaring with all the other Jazz shooting additions this offseason.

The Jazz just signed two double digit scoring/boarderline starters for the vet min. That's some serious GM'ing!

Tony Jones saying jazz looking to make another move. Hmmmm what contract do they have to move?

Exum... for Iggy? Who says no?

I'd say no way.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,337

Post#56 » by DelaneyRudd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:13 am

KqWIN wrote:So this is random....

Read on Twitter

I love the post because even after plenty of time this still feels very random.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by zero24gravity » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 pm

In a recent interview Mudiay stated he had opportunities to go elsewhere & be a starter, but wanted to come to Utah to play with Conley, be coached by Snyder & compete for a championship. Still, even with all those cool "perks" he didn't sign to be a 12-15 mpg player when he could have been a (low-end) starter elsewhere. Expect this guy to be on the court often, ans starting when injury/rest dictates. I'm guessing he'll be a one year Jazzman, but still a steal at his contract.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#58 » by TNJazz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Granted, we didn't land the HUGE free agents, but neither did the largest market and most profitable franchise NBA franchise, but the Jazz are becoming a destination organization for a growing number of FA. They aren't marquis level yet, but players who are looking to win are considering the Jazz, similarly as to how the Warriors grew several years ago. They had a bigger market, but they weren't a franchise that was tearing up the league until they built it from within and then players wanted to become part of it. I think that is what the Jazz are doing, and are on the precipice of marking it happen. What made the difference with the GSW was several players not taking the huge contracts but rather making them team friendly allowing other quality players to join. With the attitude of the current players, I believe Rudy and DM will get paid, but they see a bigger picture and will try to work for contracts that won't cripple the teams ability to continue to improve. We shall see...
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#59 » by zero24gravity » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Through 3 games, Mudiay may be the most bang-for-the-buck offseason addition. I think he really is trying to use the Jazz to catapult his career & it shows on the court. I also think that he's pretty much the exact player the Jazz hoped Alec Burks would be for them, when they were trying to get Alec to play more PG. Mudiay has shown great body control & aggressive play, and while he's certainly a shoot-first PG, he's still making the right reads overall, from what I can tell.

With all that said, if Ex comes back & plays well, Mudiay may turn into a strong candidate for a mid-season trade, seeing how he's almost certain to be a 1 year player for Utah. Too soon to discuss? Probably. Still, can't help but wonder.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#60 » by pickIBL » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:14 am

Im a big fan of the signing obviously. He's going to play his way into a key rotation spot.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Utah Jazz