New season - awesome team; How are you watching?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

nghedman
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

New season - awesome team; How are you watching? 

Post#1 » by nghedman » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:00 pm

Ive gotta say ive been fustrated the way way the Jazz organization has set up their tv contracts, and streaming rights. Last I heard the Jazz were still 1 of 3 teams in the NBA that didnt have any streaming avenues. ( that may not be acceuate now) For such a good administration that sure was a bone head, rotten eggs move for the fans in Salt Lake.

So question for us fanatics: how are you all watching the Jazz this year (2019-2020), this is one not to miss, Go Jazz!!

(I need to find a cheaper avenue than 100 to 200 dollars a month with xfinity)
Go ReAL!
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Re: New season - awesome team; How are you watching? 

Post#2 » by Rauxcee » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:05 pm

I have and use Dish Network.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#3 » by dr0welf » Thu Jul 4, 2019 11:24 pm

Xfinity is how I've been doing it, but always looking for better options.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#4 » by CAE15 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:33 am

It's always been crazy to me how much easier it is to watch out of market. But I'll be going that route this year, I think it's $99 to follow one team on league pass, outside of the states

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#5 » by Winglish » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:58 am

I go to all of the home games. That's how I watch.

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#6 » by pickIBL » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:56 am

Yea. I dumped my local cable provider which made you upgrade for NBA TV. Ive got the NBA app and league pass. Plus can switch over to nba tv or some fox sports channels if that's where the game is. I will catch a couple on the road.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Pistol_7
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#7 » by Pistol_7 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:53 pm

nghedman wrote:Ive gotta say ive been fustrated the way way the Jazz organization has set up their tv contracts, and streaming rights. Last I heard the Jazz were still 1 of 3 teams in the NBA that didnt have any streaming avenues. ( that may not be acceuate now) For such a good administration that sure was a bone head, rotten eggs move for the fans in Salt Lake.

So question for us fanatics: how are you all watching the Jazz this year (2019-2020), this is one not to miss, Go Jazz!!

(I need to find a cheaper avenue than 100 to 200 dollars a month with xfinity)

If you want to do streaming to avoid blackouts I would go with HeHestreams. Never had really any downtime even if there is the guy who runs it always has it up and running right away. I heard that At&t who owns streaming rights for Jazz games through At&t Sportsnet Regional are looking to sell the rights to their RSN's to pay off a huge chunk of debt which would mean that possibly any of the big current streaming companies like Fubo, PS Vue, Hulu, Amazon etc.. could get the rights to those networks including the Jazz streaming rights. I think the Jazz are signed up through like 2021-2022 season after that the deal expires with AT&T Sportsnet.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#8 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jul 5, 2019 11:28 pm

DirecTV for me. I'm local, so happy to get all the games. DirecTV does suck for setting up a recording schedule for Jazz games though, because it will pick up blacked out channels automatically and not the channel games are on. So if I forget to check every couple days to see which channel it's recording, then I get stuck with a black screen. When that happens, I've found a site online that posts free full game replays a few hours after they air. I'm not allowed to post that site here, however, because the MODs will remove it. (Been there, done that.)
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#9 » by BudTugly » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:02 am

LP was a generally positive experience last year.
nghedman
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by nghedman » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:21 am

Thanks for your input everyone. I guess ill be watching the news for a big network sale. In the mean time i think im going to check out Dish start up prices. Done the flaky web page streaming and its not good enough quality for me. Id rather watch something else.

I cant figure out why the nba isolates each team in a blacked out market, and then pigon holes the access to it by a single cable companies market strategy. If it wasnt for sports radio i probably wouldnt still be a fan of the nba because its SOO hard and expensive to follow the local team. The fantasy leagues kept me around for a bit but even now im losing interest fast. If I have to pay the same as 25 movies a month just to watch my local team, my dollar may just go somewhere else.
Go ReAL!
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#11 » by FJS » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:55 pm

From Spain I use NBA app, and then Movistar (they offer one NBA game per day, but overall NBA). This is the only way to watch every Jazz game.
nghedman
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by nghedman » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:26 pm

BudTugly wrote:LP was a generally positive experience last year.

Whats LP?
Go ReAL!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#13 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:14 pm

nghedman wrote:
BudTugly wrote:LP was a generally positive experience last year.

Whats LP?

League Pass
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:17 pm

League pass is hit or miss depending on where you are. In Alabama games against the Grizzlies, Hawks, and Pelicans are blacked out, so that's 8 games a year. I'm assuming we will have another 8 games on national TV, so if you have overlapping markets you could be looking at 20 percent of the season not being available until 3 hours after the game.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#15 » by Daddy 801 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:53 pm

I go to the bar. Enjoy a cold one and watch for free.

Return to Utah Jazz