2019-2020 Schedule Release

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, Inigo Montoya, FJS

KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 12,667
And1: 4,134
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#1 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Schedule is released at 1 PM (MST) today. Anyone have thoughts? Hoping that we don't get the lopsided schedule this year. If it is lopsided, lets get the easy one's first this time for a change of pace.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,317
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#2 » by stitches » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm

KqWIN wrote:Schedule is released at 1 PM (MST) today. Anyone have thoughts? Hoping that we don't get the lopsided schedule this year. If it is lopsided, lets get the easy one's first this time for a change of pace.

Are we sure the lopsided schedule is actually not in our favor? I wonder if they have a study of some sort showing whether this type or the reverse(easy first, hard later) or balanced is best.
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 12,667
And1: 4,134
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#3 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:25 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Schedule is released at 1 PM (MST) today. Anyone have thoughts? Hoping that we don't get the lopsided schedule this year. If it is lopsided, lets get the easy one's first this time for a change of pace.

Are we sure the lopsided schedule is actually not in our favor? I wonder if they have a study of some sort showing whether this type or the reverse(easy first, hard later) or balanced is best.


I think it is in our favor. The tanking teams are REALLY tanking by the end of the season. On the other hand, the better teams are also not caring about wins later on in the year so maybe it doesn't matter. I also have a hunch that taking on the Clippers would be easier after playing the Suns instead of after playing the Lakers, Warriors, and Rockets in the same week.

I just want something different. It'd be nice to have a better record going into the break so we could actually have an all-star this year. I also prefer to have a more balanced schedule so we can analyze the progress of the season over time. I feel like that's been impossible to do because the schedule is too lopsided.
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 12,667
And1: 4,134
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#4 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:30 pm

I'm excited to inform you all that I've received an early copy of the schedule. A full 2.5 hours before release time:

Spoiler:
1 - Trap
2 - Trap
3 - Trap
4 - Trap
5 - Trap
6 - Trap
7 - Trap
8 - Trap
9 - Trap
10 - Trap
11 - Trap
12 - Trap
13 - Trap
14 - Trap
15 - Trap
16 - Trap
17 - Trap
18 - Trap
19 - Trap
20 - Trap
21 - Trap
22 - Trap
23 - Trap
24 - Trap
25 - Trap
26 - Trap
27 - Trap
28 - Trap
29 - Trap
30 - Trap
31 - Trap
32 - Trap
33 - Trap
34 - Trap
35 - Trap
36 - Trap
37 - Trap
38 - Trap
39 - Trap
40 - Trap
41 - Trap
42 - Trap
43 - Trap
44 - Trap
45 - Trap
46 - Trap
47 - Trap
48 - Trap
49 - Trap
50 - Trap
51 - Trap
52 - Trap
53 - Trap
54 - Trap
55 - Trap
56 - Trap
57 - Trap
58 - Trap
59 - Trap
60 - Trap
61 - Trap
62 - Trap
63 - Trap
64 - Trap
65 - Trap
66 - Trap
67 - Trap
68 - Trap
69 - Trap
70 - Trap
71 - Trap
72 - Trap
73 - Trap
74 - Trap
75 - Trap
76 - Trap
77 - Trap
78 - Trap
79 - Trap
80 - Trap
81 - Trap
82 - Trap
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,317
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#5 » by stitches » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:35 pm

KqWIN wrote:I'm excited to inform you all that I've received an early copy of the schedule. A full 2.5 hours before release time:

Spoiler:
1 - Trap
2 - Trap
3 - Trap
4 - Trap
5 - Trap
6 - Trap
7 - Trap
8 - Trap
9 - Trap
10 - Trap
11 - Trap
12 - Trap
13 - Trap
14 - Trap
15 - Trap
16 - Trap
17 - Trap
18 - Trap
19 - Trap
20 - Trap
21 - Trap
22 - Trap
23 - Trap
24 - Trap
25 - Trap
26 - Trap
27 - Trap
28 - Trap
29 - Trap
30 - Trap
31 - Trap
32 - Trap
33 - Trap
34 - Trap
35 - Trap
36 - Trap
37 - Trap
38 - Trap
39 - Trap
40 - Trap
41 - Trap
42 - Trap
43 - Trap
44 - Trap
45 - Trap
46 - Trap
47 - Trap
48 - Trap
49 - Trap
50 - Trap
51 - Trap
52 - Trap
53 - Trap
54 - Trap
55 - Trap
56 - Trap
57 - Trap
58 - Trap
59 - Trap
60 - Trap
61 - Trap
62 - Trap
63 - Trap
64 - Trap
65 - Trap
66 - Trap
67 - Trap
68 - Trap
69 - Trap
70 - Trap
71 - Trap
72 - Trap
73 - Trap
74 - Trap
75 - Trap
76 - Trap
77 - Trap
78 - Trap
79 - Trap
80 - Trap
81 - Trap
82 - Trap

You missed the 4 Suns games. Those ain't no trap games.
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 12,667
And1: 4,134
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#6 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:38 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I'm excited to inform you all that I've received an early copy of the schedule. A full 2.5 hours before release time:

Spoiler:
1 - Trap
2 - Trap
3 - Trap
4 - Trap
5 - Trap
6 - Trap
7 - Trap
8 - Trap
9 - Trap
10 - Trap
11 - Trap
12 - Trap
13 - Trap
14 - Trap
15 - Trap
16 - Trap
17 - Trap
18 - Trap
19 - Trap
20 - Trap
21 - Trap
22 - Trap
23 - Trap
24 - Trap
25 - Trap
26 - Trap
27 - Trap
28 - Trap
29 - Trap
30 - Trap
31 - Trap
32 - Trap
33 - Trap
34 - Trap
35 - Trap
36 - Trap
37 - Trap
38 - Trap
39 - Trap
40 - Trap
41 - Trap
42 - Trap
43 - Trap
44 - Trap
45 - Trap
46 - Trap
47 - Trap
48 - Trap
49 - Trap
50 - Trap
51 - Trap
52 - Trap
53 - Trap
54 - Trap
55 - Trap
56 - Trap
57 - Trap
58 - Trap
59 - Trap
60 - Trap
61 - Trap
62 - Trap
63 - Trap
64 - Trap
65 - Trap
66 - Trap
67 - Trap
68 - Trap
69 - Trap
70 - Trap
71 - Trap
72 - Trap
73 - Trap
74 - Trap
75 - Trap
76 - Trap
77 - Trap
78 - Trap
79 - Trap
80 - Trap
81 - Trap
82 - Trap

You missed the 4 Suns games. Those ain't no trap games.


Look out for the Rubio revenge game. He's going to drop 35 and hit a devastating game winner.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,317
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#7 » by stitches » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:25 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I'm excited to inform you all that I've received an early copy of the schedule. A full 2.5 hours before release time:

Spoiler:
1 - Trap
2 - Trap
3 - Trap
4 - Trap
5 - Trap
6 - Trap
7 - Trap
8 - Trap
9 - Trap
10 - Trap
11 - Trap
12 - Trap
13 - Trap
14 - Trap
15 - Trap
16 - Trap
17 - Trap
18 - Trap
19 - Trap
20 - Trap
21 - Trap
22 - Trap
23 - Trap
24 - Trap
25 - Trap
26 - Trap
27 - Trap
28 - Trap
29 - Trap
30 - Trap
31 - Trap
32 - Trap
33 - Trap
34 - Trap
35 - Trap
36 - Trap
37 - Trap
38 - Trap
39 - Trap
40 - Trap
41 - Trap
42 - Trap
43 - Trap
44 - Trap
45 - Trap
46 - Trap
47 - Trap
48 - Trap
49 - Trap
50 - Trap
51 - Trap
52 - Trap
53 - Trap
54 - Trap
55 - Trap
56 - Trap
57 - Trap
58 - Trap
59 - Trap
60 - Trap
61 - Trap
62 - Trap
63 - Trap
64 - Trap
65 - Trap
66 - Trap
67 - Trap
68 - Trap
69 - Trap
70 - Trap
71 - Trap
72 - Trap
73 - Trap
74 - Trap
75 - Trap
76 - Trap
77 - Trap
78 - Trap
79 - Trap
80 - Trap
81 - Trap
82 - Trap

You missed the 4 Suns games. Those ain't no trap games.


Look out for the Rubio revenge game. He's going to drop 35 and hit a devastating game winner.


We are joking but just watch it happen in like... the last game of the season when we are fighting for seeding.
User avatar
Hikari
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,948
And1: 150
Joined: Mar 23, 2006
Location: Lets just say with my wife.
       

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#8 » by Hikari » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:14 pm

It will happen like Jerebko last year.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,317
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#9 » by stitches » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Aaand here we go:

Image

https://www.nba.com/resources/static/team/v2/jazz/UtahJazz_1920Schedule_8.5x11.pdf

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,317
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#10 » by stitches » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Read on Twitter
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 12,667
And1: 4,134
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#11 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Going to wait until someone better does a full analysis, but here are some quick thoughts:

- Only 3 games against PHX, RIP
- GSW 4 times before Klay is back
- LAC potentially 2 times before PG is back
- Most miles traveled in NBA
- minimal B2B's
- Schedule seems balanced in terms of difficulty
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 13,206
And1: 5,399
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#12 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:51 pm

This looks like a really good schedule for the Jazz.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 13,206
And1: 5,399
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#13 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:52 pm

KqWIN wrote:- Most miles traveled in NBA

How did you already get this info? :o
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,317
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#14 » by stitches » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
KqWIN wrote:- Most miles traveled in NBA

How did you already get this info? :o

Read on Twitter
Winglish
Analyst
Posts: 3,613
And1: 1,284
Joined: Feb 17, 2013
     

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#15 » by Winglish » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:00 pm

5 playoff teams in the last 6 games.

It will be a dog fight.
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 13,206
And1: 5,399
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#16 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Winglish wrote:5 playoff teams in the last 6 games.

It will be a dog fight.

I doubt OKC will be a playoff contender next season, especially after the deadline. Presti will try to move CP3 and Gallo for assets. Maybe Adams too.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 12,667
And1: 4,134
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#17 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Winglish wrote:5 playoff teams in the last 6 games.

It will be a dog fight.


Dog fight or tankapalooza like last year?
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 12,667
And1: 4,134
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#18 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Balance

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
Hikari
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,948
And1: 150
Joined: Mar 23, 2006
Location: Lets just say with my wife.
       

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#19 » by Hikari » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Portland only got the Lakers and the Clippers 3 times each.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,317
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: 2019-2020 Schedule Release 

Post#20 » by stitches » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 am

NOP are this year's Jazz... insane schedule to start, weak one to finish the season.

Return to Utah Jazz