Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Prospects Thread 

Post#21 » by stitches » Sat Dec 7, 2019 2:41 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:
Catchall wrote:I can't be bothered to look at college players right now. Jazz need a 6'7" or 6'8" skilled, athletic wing though.

6'8 wing... and skilled... and athletic... we probably need top 5 pick for that.

This coming draft seems very PG heavy...

We could use a point guard too...

If only we had 3 first round picks to trade up and get one... Ball for example...
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#22 » by sipclip » Sun Dec 8, 2019 4:17 pm

stitches wrote:
Catchall wrote:I can't be bothered to look at college players right now. Jazz need a 6'7" or 6'8" skilled, athletic wing though.

6'8 wing... and skilled... and athletic... we probably need top 5 pick for that.

Too bad he would already be on the damn roster if we had guaranteed Nwora that we would have taken him. He would be an awesome fit on our team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#23 » by Catchall » Sun Dec 8, 2019 11:38 pm

sipclip wrote:
stitches wrote:

Too bad he would already be on the damn roster if we had guaranteed Nwora that we would have taken him. He would be an awesome fit on our team.

True, but they knew they were trading for Conley. Besides, I think they would have drafted Paschall, Claxton or Carsen Edwards.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#24 » by Catchall » Sun Dec 8, 2019 11:40 pm

stitches wrote:

I also liked Darius Bazley at #23 last draft. He's a couple years away though.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,281

Post#25 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:08 am

I'm intrigued by Tyler Bey.
6-7 216 -- Junior
13p 11r 2a 2s 2b
49/42/79 shooting (only shoots 1.7 3's a game)

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#26 » by Catchall » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:01 pm

I haven't even looked at college players, I'm guessing the Jazz are going to be drafting around 25 this year.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#27 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Catchall wrote:I haven't even looked at college players, I'm guessing the Jazz are going to be drafting around 25 this year.

You mean Griz will be drafting around 25th?
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#28 » by sipclip » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:26 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Catchall wrote:I haven't even looked at college players, I'm guessing the Jazz are going to be drafting around 25 this year.

The pick goes to the griz if it is in the 8 to 14 range over the next 2 years. Then it is top 6 protected in what will likely be the double draft of 2022 when high schoolers will be allowed back in. It is shocking to me that they decided to structure it like that.

Catchall
RealGM

Post#29 » by Catchall » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:30 pm

sipclip wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:

The pick goes to the griz if it is in the 8 to 14 range over the next 2 years. Then it is top 6 protected in what will likely be the double draft of 2022 when high schoolers will be allowed back in. It is shocking to me that they decided to structure it like that.

Yeah, the pick only conveys if the Jazz end up in the late lottery.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#30 » by Catchall » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:31 pm

FWIW, I think Rayjon Tucker is a good enough prospect to be drafted in the 20s of this draft, so is Justin Wright-Foreman. The Jazz have good, young talent coming along.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#31 » by sipclip » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Catchall wrote:FWIW, I think Rayjon Tucker is a good enough prospect to be drafted in the 20s of this draft, so is Justin Wright-Foreman. The Jazz have good, young talent coming along.
Tucker maybe but definitely not Foreman. Foreman is one of those small gleague guards that always put up points but will never make the league because it doesn't translate. That is my opinion at least. If I'm the jazz I would be talking to the suns about a way to get Jalen Lecque. He has the potential to be a solid backup guard in my opinion.

As far as this draft goes it is looking like one of the weaker ones that we have seen in a while but it is also still very early. Plenty of time for players to begin to emerge.

Catchall
RealGM

Post#32 » by Catchall » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:57 pm

sipclip wrote:
Catchall wrote:FWIW, I think Rayjon Tucker is a good enough prospect to be drafted in the 20s of this draft, so is Justin Wright-Foreman. The Jazz have good, young talent coming along.
Tucker maybe but definitely not Foreman. Foreman is one of those small gleague guards that always put up points but will never make the league because it doesn't translate. That is my opinion at least. If I'm the jazz I would be talking to the suns about a way to get Jalen Lecque. He has the potential to be a solid backup guard in my opinion.

I definitely like JWF as a prospect. His instincts are good, he can do a lot off the dribble, he can shoot, and he can finish at the rim. I think JWF has the potential to be a significant scoring guard off the bench, in a role like Jason Terry. He just needs to continue to develop his passing and point guard instincts. The question with him is his size to defend.

You look at the impact that guys like Kendrick Nunn, Seth Curry and Dennis Schroeder are having as primarily scorers, and it's easy to see JWF having a place in the league. He's already better than Dennis Smith Jr., for example.

Jalen Leque can't shoot. He's mostly an athlete similar to Trevon Duval or Archie Goodwin, imo.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#33 » by KqWIN » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:03 pm

JWF looks good in the G-League, but he's definitely one of those players who can look good in the G-League and terrible in the NBA. He's not going to be able to cook NBA defenders like he is right now.

It's easy to overlook how important it is to be NBA sized and on par athletically.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#34 » by sipclip » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Catchall wrote:
sipclip wrote:

I definitely like JWF as a prospect. His instincts are good, he can do a lot off the dribble, he can shoot, and he can finish at the rim. I think JWF has the potential to be a significant scoring guard off the bench, in a role like Jason Terry. He just needs to continue to develop his passing and point guard instincts. The question with him is his size to defend.

You look at the impact that guys like Kendrick Nunn, Seth Curry and Dennis Schroeder are having as primarily scorers, and it's easy to see JWF having a place in the league. He's already better than Dennis Smith Jr., for example.

Jalen Leque can't shoot. He's mostly an athlete similar to Trevon Duval or Archie Goodwin, imo.

He is not better than a healthy Dennis Smith. Not even close. Also he is smaller than Nunn, Curry and Schroeder while being less athletic than Nunn and Schroeder. I just don't think he is an nba player. As far as Lecque goes I think he has legit pg's skills and vision which Goodwin never had and I don't think he shot is broken like Duval. Obviously you never really no with prospects that raw but I like his potential.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#35 » by KqWIN » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:21 am

It's always a good thing to remember than pretty anyone in the NBA would dominate the G-League. It's easy to get excited about what Morgan, Brantley, or any other player is doing in the G-League...but Tony Bradley would also be dominating the G-League and he can't guard a mailbox.

The thing to look for is translatable skills...I'm just not sure JWF has very many besides being able to knock down open shots. Not enough to overcome his other deficiencies.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#36 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:24 am

sipclip wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:

So if the pick is between 8 and 14 Grizz get the pick? Jazz will end up with 8th pick. :banghead:
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#37 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:25 am

No I'd guess we'll end up keeping the pick then. Guess late 20s. So good news.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,281

Post#38 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 8:55 pm

Tyler Bey is the guy I want us to draft in the 20s. Endless motor, incredible athlete, tremendous defender/rebounder with emerging signs of a developing jumper. Reminds me a lot of Brandon Clarke.

I would, however, do just about anything to get Tyrese Haliburton or RJ Hampton. Haliburton just has incredible court vision. His jumper is weird and slow but he hits a ton of them. Hampton might be the fastest player I've ever seen.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#39 » by KqWIN » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:06 pm

I say drafts are bad more than I should, but this draft seems REALLY bad at the top. Given the choice , I might take Haliburton #1 overall. There really aren’t many top prospects that are playing well right now.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#40 » by sipclip » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:47 am

I have finally had a chance to do some more research on this draft and I'm thinking there may be a chance that my favorite target Jordan Nwora drops to us. In the 2nd round my top 2 targets are Isaiah Joe and Yoeli Childs. I would love to snag both guys. Joe has struggled shooting this year but there is no doubt in my mind that he has the potential to be an elite shooter. I just view his struggles as a buying opportunity. Childs is just a beast from everywhere offensively. I hate BYU but I love his game and think it will translate to the nba. He is probably a mid 2nd rd pick and we should be able to buy into that range.

Return to Utah Jazz