Game 26: Utah Jazz (14-11) vs Golden State Warriors (5-21)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Game 26: Utah Jazz (14-11) vs Golden State Warriors (5-21) 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:15 pm

It should be a good stretch of games for the Jazz, this one included. I hope to see them play well and not just win in an unconvincing fashion because the opponent is weak. Also, they should make sure they actually win this. #Trapgame.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: Game 26: Utah Jazz (14-11) vs Golden State Warriors (5-21) 

Post#2 » by ducler » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#3 » by FJS » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:47 pm

I hope we made a good game. Last game we played fairly well in second half, and we move the ball. I hope the trending is improving.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,058

Post#4 » by Rauxcee » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:34 pm

I'm predicting a blowout. Which team is TBD.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:19 am

Think I saw the blender for the first time all season.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#6 » by KqWIN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:35 am

It's sad when a G-League roster dominates your bench. This is the reality of this team. Our bench cannot beat G-League talent.

We're being dominated by hustle. This team refuses to box out. Priorities are way out of wack with this team. The players do not want to win. They aren't willing to put in minimum effort, that's why they are dominated by G-Leaguers.

This is probably the best example of Quin losing the team. He is powerless against this team's laziness.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#7 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:40 am

Our bench is garbage. We need a power forward, as well.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#8 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:41 am

KqWIN wrote:It's sad when a G-League roster dominates your bench. This is the reality of this team. Our bench cannot beat G-League talent.

We're being dominated by hustle. This team refuses to box out. Priorities are way out of wack with this team. The players do not want to win. They aren't willing to put in minimum effort, that's why they are dominated by G-Leaguers.

This is probably the best example of Quin losing the team. He is powerless against this team's laziness.

I think this idea that Quin is losing the team is silly. We have a garbage bench, what do you even do with it?

JColl
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#9 » by sipclip » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:44 am

As usual a poor start against a bad team. At some point they will go on a run and likely blow them out but once again this team is struggling against poor competition.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:47 am

Jeff Green whining about a call while not getting back on defense is peak Jazz right now, god I hate watching him play.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#11 » by KqWIN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:51 am

babyjax13 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:It's sad when a G-League roster dominates your bench. This is the reality of this team. Our bench cannot beat G-League talent.

I think this idea that Quin is losing the team is silly. We have a garbage bench, what do you even do with it?

He has completely lost the team. Or do you think this is the type of basketball he wants to play? It couldn't be more obvious that they aren't. Doesn't matter how bad the players are. If they don't play the type of basketball the coach wants, the coach has lost the team. I don't think they're going to hold a mutiny or anything, but they are completely unwilling to sacrifice individual play for winning.

Just take a look at this game. Dominated by G-League talent. Do you think the players are really playing Quin's basketball? Or are they doing their own thing. It's very obvious to me.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#12 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:54 am

KqWIN wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

He has completely lost the team. Or do you think this is the type of basketball he wants to play? It couldn't be more obvious that they aren't. Doesn't matter how bad the players are. If they don't play the type of basketball the coach wants, the coach has lost the team. I don't think they're going to hold a mutiny or anything, but they are completely unwilling to sacrifice individual play for winning.

Just take a look at this game. Dominated by G-League talent. Do you think the players are really playing Quin's basketball? Or are they doing their own thing. It's very obvious to me.

And yet it seems to be primarily a problem among the bench. Our problem is that our bench isn't skilled enough to even run the offense. I agree that the starters get the blinders on (specifically Bogs and Mitchell), but that at least is something that can be improved. Watching Mudiay not know where to throw the ball, Jeff Green be completely lost on defense, and Ed Davis being a complete non-factor in every aspect of the game...there's no recovering when your bench can go -13 in a quarter and that isn't even a surprise.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#13 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:57 am

Plus, that doesn't sound like a coaching problem...we've already seen what Quin can do, that sounds like either an attitude or intelligence problem among the players.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#14 » by KqWIN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:01 am

Just look at how many guys are standing around doing nothing while the Warriors hustle like crazy for rebounds. How can you be ok with that? This team doesn't even try to win. They don't even pretend like they want to win. The G-League squad is dominating them and they don't have enough pride to move 1 foot for a loose ball. Embarrassing.

It's not just the bench. Our starters are getting dominated too. I'm sure the only thing on their minds is how they're going to get their next shot.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#15 » by KqWIN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:05 am

babyjax13 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

And yet it seems to be primarily a problem among the bench. Our problem is that our bench isn't skilled enough to even run the offense. I agree that the starters get the blinders on (specifically Bogs and Mitchell), but that at least is something that can be improved. Watching Mudiay not know where to throw the ball, Jeff Green be completely lost on defense, and Ed Davis being a complete non-factor in every aspect of the game...there's no recovering when your bench can go -13 in a quarter and that isn't even a surprise.

The offense doesn't come down to execution, it comes down to selfishness. These players outright refuse to run his system. I don't care whose fault it is. The point is the team refuses to play his offense, and that is the definition of losing the team. If you can't get the team to play the basketball you want, you have lost them.

The defense is a much bigger issue anyways. Outright refusal to hustle. No desire to get a rebound. It's too much effort to move a foot or two to get a rebound. It's more important that they stand around with hands on their hips.

If it wasn't Quin, this would be an obvious example of a poorly coached team. Everything you expect from a poor coached team, this is it. Now, I'm not saying Quin is a bad coach. But he is completely ineffective with this group. Is it because this team is uncoachable? Maybe, but it doesn't really matter in the end. Quin's coaching has had zero effect whether it's his fault or not. He is powerless and therefore has lost the team.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#16 » by KqWIN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:07 am

babyjax13 wrote:Plus, that doesn't sound like a coaching problem...we've already seen what Quin can do, that sounds like either an attitude or intelligence problem among the players.

Whether the coach is bad or the players are too bad to listen, it's the same effect. Quin has lost this team. The blame game is another story, but it is an outright fact that there is a disconnect between Quin's coaching and this roster.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#17 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:09 am

KqWIN wrote:Just look at how many guys are standing around doing nothing while the Warriors hustle like crazy for rebounds. How can you be ok with that? This team doesn't even try to win. They don't even pretend like they want to win. The G-League squad is dominating them and they don't have enough pride to move 1 foot for a loose ball. Embarrassing.

It's not just the bench. Our starters are getting dominated too. I'm sure the only thing on their minds is how they're going to get their next shot.

IDK when I'm watching that starting lineup whoever is guarding their bigs (that isn't Rudy) is getting pushed under the basket. If someone comes down on the other side, they crash. The last couple of minutes we are doing a better job putting bodies on people. Jeff Green flat out doesn't box anyone out, though.

JColl
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#18 » by Tom349 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 am

babyjax13 wrote:Plus, that doesn't sound like a coaching problem...we've already seen what Quin can do, that sounds like either an attitude or intelligence problem among the players.

We absolutely have a coaching problem. He rewards lazy players, putting those lazy players in situations that are going to expose their lazy tendencies even more than they otherwise would be. He is trying to make players who can't play his style of basketball, play his style which is exposing their inability to facilitate which leads to turnovers and players getting lost in transition. Make no mistake Quin Synder has been awful this season, you can blame players for our problems but he is constantly compounding our problems with his **** in game management. The coach is allowed to have a system but at some point he has to accommodate his system to the players he has which he hasn't done.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#19 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:19 am

Tom349 wrote:

We absolutely have a coaching problem. He rewards lazy players, putting those lazy players in situations that are going to expose their lazy tendencies even more than they otherwise would be. He is trying to make players who can't play his style of basketball, play his style which is exposing their inability to facilitate which leads to turnovers and players getting lost in transition. Make no mistake Quin Synder has been awful this season, you can blame players for our problems but he is constantly compounding our problems with his **** in game management. The coach is allowed to have a system but at some point he has to accommodate his system to the players he has which he hasn't done.

If he changes his system to accommodate Emmanuel Mudiay and Jeff Green, there's no point in having a coach. He has no choice but to play the guys we've got on our bench. The advance stats show our system works with the starting unit - we'd probably be a bit better with an actual power forward - but our bench is putrid and irredeemable, it needs significant changes. Pop couldn't get that unit to look good.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#20 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:26 am

Bench Rebounding:
UTA: 5 GSW: 13 (6 offensive)

Starters
GSW: 12 UTA: 14

Think that was accurate for the first half (Rudy has 2 already).

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz