Realistic trade targets?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Re: Realistic trade targets? 

Post#121 » by Catchall » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:25 pm

Indiana is reportedly open to trading Myles Turner. Clarkson for Turner works salarywise, but we'd obviously have to add more value. Not sure if we could pull that off, but I have to think the Jazz would want Turner.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#122 » by KqWIN » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:34 pm

I'd stay away from Myles Turner. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league, although people are starting to figure out he's not been good at all this year.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#123 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:37 pm

No way do the Pacers trade Turner for Clarkson. It will also defeat the purpose of trading for Clarkson in the first place because our bench will once again will struggle to score.

If we want a backup big with actual size, who plays inside and has some defensive presence, can block shots and provide rim protection and who also doesn't cost much and we can realistically get, then here is an interesting name: Jeff Withey.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#124 » by KqWIN » Mon Feb 3, 2020 7:09 pm

The thing about Clarkson is that we need him in the sense that he's a decent player, but we don't need the type of player he is, especially with Mike Conley. It makes more sense to hold onto Clarkson and move on from Conley, there are some 4/5's available that meet our needs much better, but that won't happen until the summer and likely not at all.

In the meantime, I think we should just cut Goss and sign Udoh or Bogut once their seasons end.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#125 » by Catchall » Mon Feb 3, 2020 11:06 pm

Both Aron Baynes and Jakob Poeltl are rumored to in trade discussions per Zach Lowe. Both are in our price range.

Poeltl will be an RFA this summer, but probably worth going into the $10M/year range.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#126 » by Catchall » Mon Feb 3, 2020 11:07 pm

KqWIN wrote:The thing about Clarkson is that we need him in the sense that he's a decent player, but we don't need the type of player he is, especially with Mike Conley. It makes more sense to hold onto Clarkson and move on from Conley, there are some 4/5's available that meet our needs much better, but that won't happen until the summer and likely not at all.

In the meantime, I think we should just cut Goss and sign Udoh or Bogut once their seasons end.

I think it's a real long-shot that the Jazz would move Conley. They'd have to get an offer they can't refuse. I think the FO believes in him.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#127 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Feb 3, 2020 11:11 pm

Catchall wrote:I think it's a real long-shot that the Jazz would move Conley. They'd have to get an offer they can't refuse. I think the FO believes in him.

Given how Conley performed thus far, an offer from another team that the Jazz shouldn't be able to refuse is: "we'll take him."
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#128 » by sipclip » Tue Feb 4, 2020 1:15 am

Rather than looking at a trade we need to be on the phone with Udoh's agent selling him on being the primary backup center as soon as his Chinese season is over.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#129 » by KqWIN » Tue Feb 4, 2020 5:49 am

Catchall wrote:
KqWIN wrote:The thing about Clarkson is that we need him in the sense that he's a decent player, but we don't need the type of player he is, especially with Mike Conley. It makes more sense to hold onto Clarkson and move on from Conley, there are some 4/5's available that meet our needs much better, but that won't happen until the summer and likely not at all.

I think it's a real long-shot that the Jazz would move Conley. They'd have to get an offer they can't refuse. I think the FO believes in him.

It's definitely not realistic this year...but what happens if (when) things end in disappointment? Conley would have value as an expiring contract, and if the Jazz are actually willing to pay tax, trading Conley for a longer term deal like Horford, Griffin, or Love is a better team building move.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#130 » by SoCalJazzFan » Tue Feb 4, 2020 11:04 pm

It sounds like the Pacers are looking to trade TJ Leaf, and not seeking much in return (whatever that means).
Catchall
RealGM

Post#131 » by Catchall » Tue Feb 4, 2020 11:47 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:It sounds like the Pacers are looking to trade TJ Leaf, and not seeking much in return (whatever that means).

I think it means that Leaf kind of sucks. Not sure he's an NBA player in this era.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#132 » by dautjazz » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:49 am

KqWIN wrote:
Catchall wrote:

It's definitely not realistic this year...but what happens if (when) things end in disappointment? Conley would have value as an expiring contract, and if the Jazz are actually willing to pay tax, trading Conley for a longer term deal like Horford, Griffin, or Love is a better team building move.
Horford? NO THANKS. Our front court is perfect, Bojan can play PF just find in today's league, and I don't want to be anywhere near Horford's contract. I rather just deal with one more year of Conley.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#133 » by dautjazz » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:53 am

Catchall wrote:Indiana is reportedly open to trading Myles Turner. Clarkson for Turner works salarywise, but we'd obviously have to add more value. Not sure if we could pull that off, but I have to think the Jazz would want Turner.
Turner makes 18M a year, would be way too much for a bench player, and this aint no Manu.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#134 » by Catchall » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:37 am

dautjazz wrote:
Catchall wrote:Indiana is reportedly open to trading Myles Turner. Clarkson for Turner works salarywise, but we'd obviously have to add more value. Not sure if we could pull that off, but I have to think the Jazz would want Turner.
Turner makes 18M a year, would be way too much for a bench player, and this aint no Manu.

You'd have to believe in starting him next to Gobert at the 4 and moving Bogey to the 3. It's a moot point though, since it doesn't look like Indiana wants to move him.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#135 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:05 am

Here are a bunch:

Utah trades: Ed Davis, [2nd(s)]
Utah receives: [insert player]
Utah receives a power forward.

Houston trades: Tyson Chandler, one of Thabo/Austin Rivers
Houston receives: Ed Davis
Houston gets a viable center that can do exactly what he's good at in their system - rebound.

3rd team trades: [insert player]
3rd team receives: Tyson Chandler, one of Thabo/Austin Rivers, [2nd(s)]
3rd team gets out of a year of salary, and gets a 2nd or 2 (depending on the player they send).

3rd team
Detroit trades: Markeiff Morris
Oklahoma City trades: Mike Muscala
Philadelphia 76ers trade: Mike Scott
Phoenix trades: Frank Kaminsky*
*injured

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#136 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:21 am

Nigel Williams Goss + 2nd(s) also works for any of Muscala/Scott/Kaminsky/Morris. TBH I kind of expect us to try dumping Davis with 2nds, cut whatever player we get, and move Goss + 2nd for Muscala.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#137 » by CAE15 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:39 am

Our counter for the Rockets trade should be to go get Jahlil Okafor. Let him punish whoever he gets on the low block.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#138 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:45 am

CAE15 wrote:Our counter for the Rockets trade should be to go get Jahlil Okafor. Let him punish whoever he gets on the low block.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app

Would be hilarious to watch.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#139 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 8:23 am

If Detroit moves Rose, Mudiay for Christian Wood would make a lot of sense, too.

JColl
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#140 » by Tom349 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 10:22 am

Can see us making one potential move in going after a bigger wing with that wing being Glen Robinson III, probably cost a second and NWG.

Probably search for a C on the buyout market.

Return to Utah Jazz