Three Things I Like About the Utah Jazz

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Three Things I Like About the Utah Jazz 

Post#1 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Three positives for the Jazz:

1. Joe Ingles return to the starting lineup.
Joe has started the last seven games and is regaining his mojo: 13.0 ppg on 51.6%/50% shooting, 6.1 apg, 5.0 rebs and 3.3 tovs over the last seven games. We've gone 5-2 over those games.

2. Our current starting lineup.
I think our current starting lineup of DM, O'Neale, Ingles, Bogey and Gobert has a lot of upside. We haven't been convincingly beating crap teams, but we've won nonetheless. With Conley out, I think this starting lineup is going to come together and get better on both defense and offense. It's a process.

3. The Jazz' sixth place position that is closer to fifth place than seventh place.
We've got a 3.5 game lead over seventh place. Making the playoffs and avoiding the LA juggernaut teams in the first round would be big. Jazz have a decent shot to win round one against all of the other WC teams.

(Yes bench is still a big problem).
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Re: Three Things I Like About the Utah Jazz 

Post#2 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:45 pm

I apologize in advance for the negativity, but it make very little difference if we meet either of the LA teams in the first round or the second. This team was supposedly built to compete for a championship and avoiding the Lakers\Clippers isn't what a championship calibre team is supposed to be concerned about. More importantly, if we avoid them in the first round and meet one of them in the second round and then get booted, it is still a big failure--we supposedly made all these offseason changes and acquisitions to go beyond the second round. Please don't tell me we mortgaged our future just so we could get past the first round, which we've already done in two of the past three seasons.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#3 » by MTJazzv3 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Re: 2) Liking the current starting line-up - I agree and I may be in the minority but Conley will eventually round into form. I dunno, it could be a situation like Rubio taking half a season to get going, and if so, it allows the Jazz to put another "starter" in the bench rotation. The Jazz could be on their 3rd year of an underwhelming start and a strong closing game?
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#4 » by red4hf » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:47 pm

My 3 things: Gobert, Mitchell, Bogdanovic..... That's it..... They make it worth rooting for this team...... O'Neale is in there as well, so I guess that's 4 things......
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#5 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:29 am

Not a big Love fan but I'm really thinking we need another big that can rebound and shoot the 3 and we know ball handling is covered with DM and ingles so maybe we could trade Conley for Love who love's Jordan. Lets join the two again? DM at point Bojan at the 2 Ingle the 3 and Love 4 and
Rudy 5. Bench would be Mudiay Jordan O'neal Niang @ Bradley. Think Bradley is better than Davis for our back up Center.

Return to Utah Jazz