Exum Traded to Cavs for Jordan Clarkson

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Re: Exum Traded to Cavs for Jordan Clarkson 

Post#141 » by @ndrew » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:43 pm

stitches wrote:
@ndrew wrote:And where is Dante? Showcasing his nice suites?

Dante has been playing great for the Cavs. He had career high the previous game and from what I've seen Cavs fans are already calling for him to start instead of their top 10 pick from last year. Why all the salt?

No salt at all. Just an obvious statement that you can't rely on him since he can't play 5 games in a row.
mjvile
Senior
And1: 52

Post#142 » by mjvile » Wed Jan 8, 2020 7:44 pm

@ndrew wrote:
stitches wrote:
@ndrew wrote:And where is Dante? Showcasing his nice suites?

Dante has been playing great for the Cavs. He had career high the previous game and from what I've seen Cavs fans are already calling for him to start instead of their top 10 pick from last year. Why all the salt?

No salt at all. Just an obvious statement that you can't rely on him since he can't play 5 games in a row.

That is exactly the case. After a break out game he had an DNP. Probably precautionary but that what you get with him.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#143 » by stitches » Wed Jan 8, 2020 7:48 pm

mjvile wrote:
@ndrew wrote:
stitches wrote:Dante has been playing great for the Cavs. He had career high the previous game and from what I've seen Cavs fans are already calling for him to start instead of their top 10 pick from last year. Why all the salt?

That is exactly the case. After a break out game he had an DNP. Probably precautionary but that what you get with him.

No, it's because he got the flu.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#144 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Jan 8, 2020 9:05 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

He looked like the Dante we've been hoping for for a night.

You have to wonder how much of it was system vs trust/confidence issues in Utah. At his best, Exum was the perfect fit next to Mitchell due to his size and defensive ability. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
mjvile
Senior

Post#145 » by mjvile » Wed Jan 8, 2020 10:20 pm

stitches wrote:
mjvile wrote:
@ndrew wrote:No salt at all. Just an obvious statement that you can't rely on him since he can't play 5 games in a row.

Some players play through the flu and some like Dante do not. Again that’s what you get with a player like Dante.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#146 » by stitches » Wed Jan 8, 2020 10:37 pm

mjvile wrote:
stitches wrote:
mjvile wrote:

Some players play through the flu and some like Dante do not. Again that’s what you get with a player like Dante.

Yep, definitely no salt here.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#147 » by eLo » Thu Jan 9, 2020 12:43 am

i like Ex, wish him all best, but if he would pan out now in Cavs uni this would be the dumbest story in whole Jazz history
mjvile
Senior

Post#148 » by mjvile » Thu Jan 9, 2020 1:13 am

stitches wrote:
mjvile wrote:
stitches wrote:No, it's because he got the flu.

You’re comical. I don’t miss a player that missed so much time. He played reckless and was injuries all the time because of that. Hope he stays healthy and has a long career, but not willing to take the risk as an expense to our team.
mjvile
Senior

Post#149 » by mjvile » Thu Jan 9, 2020 5:03 am

mjvile wrote:
stitches wrote:
mjvile wrote:

You’re comical. I don’t miss a player that missed so much time. He played reckless and was injured all the time because of that. Hope he stays healthy and has a long career, but not willing to take the risk as an expense to our team.
One of the greatest ways to stay in shape even if your not over weight! http://mike7101.eliteweightlosspackage.com
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#150 » by vryadli » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:37 pm

eLo wrote:i like Ex, wish him all best, but if he would pan out now in Cavs uni this would be the dumbest story in whole Jazz history

It is difficult to beat Conley trade by results. As for "pre-knowledge" Conley-related hopes are about equal Date-related injury fears.
mjvile
Senior

Post#151 » by mjvile » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:44 am

mjvile wrote:
@ndrew wrote:
stitches wrote:Dante has been playing great for the Cavs. He had career high the previous game and from what I've seen Cavs fans are already calling for him to start instead of their top 10 pick from last year. Why all the salt?

One really good game followed by 2 DNP’s. I know they are saying he has the flu but this is the Dante we had gotten used to. He will come back and have to dust the rust off which might take a game or two. So now your looking at 1 good game to 4 off nights. I know I am no mathematician here but 25% doesn’t seem too dependable.

Clarkson has now played in and contributed in all 7 games since he was traded. Again I like his odds here a lot more.

In the long run he may pan out and become more consistent but nobody got time for that right now (besides a tanking Cleveland team).
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#152 » by KqWIN » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 am

Jesus, how salty do you have to be to not see the difference between a torn acl, labrum, or patellar tendon and the flu? Exum was not Rodney Hood. He didn't have a bunch of minor injuries or reasons that kept him out on a consistent basis. He had major injuries that are tough to recover from. Everyone around the Jazz could speak higher of his work ethic and perseverance. Rehab isn't easy.

You have to be a really small person to think of Dante as soft or gleefully pull a "I told you so" when he has to miss games. Doesn't matter if it's to the flu or another major injury.
@ndrew
Analyst

Post#153 » by @ndrew » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:38 am

I wish him all the best, obviously. I'm just happy with Jordan and I feel he can improve his game and role.
mjvile
Senior

Re: Exum Traded to Cavs forvJordan Clarckson 

Post#154 » by mjvile » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:43 am

Tom349 wrote:Awful trade but then again Quin gave DL nothing to work with given his refusal to give Dante any time to iron out his errors. Best of luck to Dante, hopefully he proves Quin wrong.

How you feel about the trade now after 10 games?
@ndrew
Analyst

Post#155 » by @ndrew » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:26 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

You have to wonder how much of it was system vs trust/confidence issues in Utah. At his best, Exum was the perfect fit next to Mitchell due to his size and defensive ability. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Things are shaking out in 2-3 points performances.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#156 » by dautjazz » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:17 pm

@ndrew wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Things are shaking out in 2-3 points performances.

Yeah I'm pretty sad, I felt that Exum might finally be figuring it out, but that 28pt game seems to be a fluke. Maybe over the summer he works with the coaching staff, stays healthy, who knows, but I was done waiting too. I love what I've seen from Clarkson, this turned out to be an excellent trade for us.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
@ndrew
Analyst

Post#157 » by @ndrew » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:34 am

-28 on Plus-minus , and overwhelming 2 points...
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#158 » by FJS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:51 am

Sometimes less is more. We lost two players in Exum and Green, we added clarkson and suddenly we are a better team. It's al about fits and chemistry.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#159 » by eLo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:40 pm

its funny, this story came every year, Ex starts to play good then he is injured and he sucks for long time after he recover, ok but this time it was flue... i did not think flue can destroy his game so much :D :P
mjvile
Senior

Post#160 » by mjvile » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:34 pm

KqWIN wrote:Jesus, how salty do you have to be to not see the difference between a torn acl, labrum, or patellar tendon and the flu? Exum was not Rodney Hood. He didn't have a bunch of minor injuries or reasons that kept him out on a consistent basis. He had major injuries that are tough to recover from. Everyone around the Jazz could speak higher of his work ethic and perseverance. Rehab isn't easy.

You have to be a really small person to think of Dante as soft or gleefully pull a "I told you so" when he has to miss games. Doesn't matter if it's to the flu or another major injury.

Lol wow way to over react. I think looking at his play over the last 10 games are to my point. Not once did I mention anything about his worth ethic or what types of injuries he came back from. He is just not a reliable player and Clarkson is.

Return to Utah Jazz