What is going on? :lol:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Re: Jeff Green Waived, Rayjon Tucker signed 

Post#2 » by Lava Rock Kid » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:05 am

Wow I don’t see how this is better. Just different.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#3 » by KqWIN » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:15 am

I'm not going to pretend that about Tucker, but he is getting a lot of pub on Twitter. Apparently he was the talk of the G-League showcase. Seems odd to drop Green, but it's not like he was a good player anyways. Wonder how our new bench will shake out.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#4 » by KqWIN » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:16 am

I would like to see Brantley get some time. The problem is that he's on a 2-way and there's a limit to how much time he can spend with the time. NWG should not be soaking up a roster spot. He should also be waived and Brantley getting a full roster spot.

Read on Twitter
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,069

Post#5 » by Rauxcee » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:49 am

Whoa. Wow. I mean I'm not sure how much this makes us better, and the guy barely finished a game before this news. Guess it's better now then Christmas, eh?

I can at least appreciate that the FO has realized this team is not working and they are under preforming. There isn't a lot of moves this team can make, but at least they are doing something?
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#6 » by dr0welf » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:52 am

Hard to teach old dogs new tricks. Just speculating but maybe Green really struggled trusting the offense.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#7 » by KqWIN » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:55 am

Rauxcee wrote:Whoa. Wow. I mean I'm not sure how much this makes us better, and the guy barely finished a game before this news. Guess it's better now then Christmas, eh?

I can at least appreciate that the FO has realized this team is not working and they are under preforming. There isn't a lot of moves this team can make, but at least they are doing something?

Hoping this can spark something like the Korver trade. It's actually very similar in a lot of ways. Oft injured, fan favorite, and loved teammate gets traded for a boost to the bench. I don't think anyone likes Jordan Clarkson, but he is playing well. It might work out...hopefully it works out better than Korver in the playoffs.

dr0welf wrote:Hard to teach old dogs new tricks. Just speculating but maybe Green really struggled trusting the offense.

If we're being honest, this is just Jeff Green. He's been all around the league and there are very few fans who will vouch for him as a good player. There's a reason why a guy so talented and liked in locker rooms can't seem to help teams win. He's the ultimate fools gold player.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#8 » by dr0welf » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:01 am

I'm still concerned we went with a trade for a guard and signed another guard instead of a big man. Does this mean the injury to Conley is bigger then we think?
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#9 » by Tom349 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:02 am

Time for Quin to get on the same page as DL by the sounds of things. Brantley and Morgan need to get some playing time by the sounds of things and provide some hustle which is clearly lacking.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#10 » by KqWIN » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:04 am

dr0welf wrote:I'm still concerned we went with a trade for a guard and signed another guard instead of a big man. Does this mean the injury to Conley is bigger then we think?

Sounds like this is really a move for Niang, Morgan, and Brantley. Brantley needs to take NWG's contract though.

I did think it was notable that Brantley traveled with the team instead of playing in the G-League showcase. If there was ever a time for him to be with the Stars, it's the showcase. Taking him on a road trip uses up a lot of his days. I'm assuming that NWG is waived at some point to convert Brantley to a full contract.
Tom349
Rookie

Post#11 » by Tom349 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:16 am

After quick look at Tucker it appears he is very strong and crazy athletic. A lot to like and would be a much needed athlete on this team, something we definitely lack.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#12 » by dr0welf » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:17 am

KqWIN wrote:
dr0welf wrote:I'm still concerned we went with a trade for a guard and signed another guard instead of a big man. Does this mean the injury to Conley is bigger then we think?

Sounds like this is really a move for Niang, Morgan, and Brantley. Brantley needs to take NWG's contract though.

I did think it was notable that Brantley traveled with the team instead of playing in the G-League showcase. If there was ever a time for him to be with the Stars, it's the showcase. Taking him on a road trip uses up a lot of his days. I'm assuming that NWG is waived at some point to convert Brantley to a full contract.

I'd like to see Brantley and Morgan try to run with the bench. Couldn't hurt could it....
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#13 » by KqWIN » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:17 am

Honestly, I'm kind of excited about the moves. Not because I think it's going to change much...but at least it gives something to watch. Hopefully Quin aligns with the FO and gives the G-League guys a chance. Would love to see Morgan+Brantley get time together.
Tom349
Rookie

Post#14 » by Tom349 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:27 am

KqWIN wrote:Honestly, I'm kind of excited about the moves. Not because I think it's going to change much...but at least it gives something to watch. Hopefully Quin aligns with the FO and gives the G-League guys a chance. Would love to see Morgan+Brantley get time together.

Im in the same boat. As a team we lack guys who do the little things and the dirty work. The stuff Favors and Rubio used to do. I haven't seen enough of Brantley yet but what I've of Morgan is he does that work, he is active on defense, he goes after boards, he boxes out. We need these types of players so that Gobert doesn't have to spend every possession trying to bust his ass to secure rebounds after he iso defended an opposing guard. If someone else can do that then Gobert should have more to give come playoffs.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#15 » by KqWIN » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:41 am

Tom349 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Honestly, I'm kind of excited about the moves. Not because I think it's going to change much...but at least it gives something to watch. Hopefully Quin aligns with the FO and gives the G-League guys a chance. Would love to see Morgan+Brantley get time together.

Im in the same boat. As a team we lack guys who do the little things and the dirty work. The stuff Favors and Rubio used to do. I haven't seen enough of Brantley yet but what I've of Morgan is he does that work, he is active on defense, he goes after boards, he boxes out. We need these types of players so that Gobert doesn't have to spend every possession trying to bust his ass to secure rebounds after he iso defended an opposing guard. If someone else can do that then Gobert should have more to give come playoffs.

Morgan was awesome when I watched him, I really hope he gets a chance. He seems really comfortable at the 5, but he has a decent amount of skill and shooting to potentially make it work with Gobert. I think we can stand to make the spacing a little ugly if it means that Gobert isn't drowning inside by himself.

I don't think Brantley is as ready to contribute, but he looks like he has lots of potential. He has unique skills for a guy his size and could turn into a nice player. He's a great athlete, strong build, and he has the foundational skills that you want from the 4. Little bit of shooting, ball handling, and passing. They may not be NBA level yet, but if he can refine those skills and put it all together I think he'll be a gem.

I haven't seen Tucker play, but I'm reading a lot of good things about him. His explosiveness looks incredible. Maybe he doesn't pan out....but who cares? At least we gave it a shot. Oni same thing. The Jazz need to find some diamonds in the rough. Play these guys and you might find the next Ingles or O'Neale.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,291

Post#16 » by babyjax13 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:53 am

This is great because it means I don't have to watch Jeff Green anymore.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#17 » by red4hf » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:11 am

Is Snyder actually going to play this guy? Or Brantley? Or Oni? Or Morgan?
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#18 » by stitches » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:07 am

If Green was as bad as to be the one to get waived from all players the Jazz had why was he the player with 7th most minutes played? There is something going on. This doesn't look like the coach and the GM have very good understanding of how they see those players and how they value them.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#19 » by FJS » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:21 am

It's a shame because Green has all the tools a basketball player needs to be a great player. He is still so athletic with 33 years, but he was not working. I don't know if was about lack of interest. I don't know.
Maybe we got a steal in Tucker, or maybe giving Brantley more playing time, I don't know. Do you remember when we gave away Kanter and began to give minutes to Gobert?? Who knows.
More or less we are 6th in the west in the worst scenario (or at least playoffs bound) so we don't have too much to lose trying to improve our roster. Minimal risk, but I wanted Green to succeed.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#20 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:06 pm

I've seen a lot of reasoning about how players like Green signed here just because of Conley and that we can't upset them too much because it won't make us look good around the league with similar players. Well, the Jazz just waived Green, whom they supposedly were able to sign only because of Conley, for a G-League player. Wouldn't that make them look worse than just giving a shot to some of the young players?

I don't know anything about Tucker, but I don't think waiving Green was a good move--he was still a pretty versatile player that can play and guard a few positions, and for all the bench woes, was the leading bench scorer for the team so I wonder why we would waive him specifically, unless something else was going on.

While the FO is making changes, it feels like they have no plan and are desperately trying to salvage the season from being a huge fail that blows up in their faces. I don't see the changes they are making causing us to be significantly better. It's basically lipstick on a pig, or whatever other metaphor you'd like to use.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.

Return to Utah Jazz