Post#22 » by idajazz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:47 pm

or switch Jingles for Boggie

then work Conley as 6th man with either Joe or Boggie off the bench
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Re: Mike Conley doesn't fit 

Post#23 » by dr0welf » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:02 am

I've been one of the biggest supporters that Conley will turn it around. But I think I'm done with this ****.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,290

Post#24 » by babyjax13 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:07 am

dr0welf wrote:I've been one of the biggest supporters that Conley will turn it around. But I think I'm done with this ****.

Same.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#25 » by @ndrew » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:27 am

babyjax13 wrote:
dr0welf wrote:I've been one of the biggest supporters that Conley will turn it around. But I think I'm done with this ****.

Same.

It's all right fellas! It's not your fault!
Give me a hug now!

What we should figure out is just what to do next. We can still go from Conley to grab some competent role players to fill the gap for much needed energetic defensive guys.. like Crowder and Favors :banghead:
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#26 » by zero24gravity » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:21 pm

Conley wasn't even dressed for the Spurs massacre. No, he's not been near what most Jazz fans hoped, but he's also not the problem, either. There is something wrong with the mentality of this team, which is going to be really tough to fix during the season. <sigh>
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#27 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:24 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Conley wasn't even dressed for the Spurs massacre. No, he's not been near what most Jazz fans hoped, but he's also not the problem, either. There is something wrong with the mentality of this team, which is going to be really tough to fix during the season. <sigh>

The entire team, including our All-Stars, are soft as CHARMIN. Jerry Sloan would be playing Keith McLoud and Milt Palacio over all of them..... :cry:
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#28 » by dr0welf » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:53 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Conley is such a nice guy it's hard to hate on his game. And honestly he played well at times. This last game against Phoenix he played like he was serving tea at a princesses tea party.

To be fair though, he is not the only one I am frustrated with. Bogey's defensive effort is ridiculous most the time, his driving is a TO waiting to happen, and since the all star break he makes Simmons look like a great 3pt shooter.

Ingles is competing with Bogey on most embarassing 3pt shooter. And turnovers from everyone is ridiculously high.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#29 » by KqWIN » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:08 am

Conley was a horrible, horrible move. He isn't the reason why this team is soft as charmin. Never seen a team openly admit the are soft and not do anything about it. They accept embarrassment every night. It is what it is. Can't win in this league when you don't compete.
@ndrew
Analyst

Post#30 » by @ndrew » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:49 am

Utah residents, can you somehow make Conley opt out of his deal?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#31 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:37 pm

@ndrew wrote:Utah residents, can you somehow make Conley opt out of his deal?

Where is my man GobertReport? Clandestine operations--this is right up his alley.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
@ndrew
Analyst

Post#32 » by @ndrew » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:

Where is my man GobertReport? Clandestine operations--this is right up his alley.

I can come up with some Russian solutions, but I need to check how much fish and concrete great state of Utah can provide...
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#33 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:45 pm

We could start a grass roots "Conley opt out" movement. Mass produce Conley opt out posters and pass them out in front of Vivint Arena before every game to every attendee who will take one. Have them wave their Conley opt out signs and boo Conley every time Conley touches the ball. We could also cue participants for "Opt out Mike" chants several times a game. :lol:
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#34 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:48 pm

It looks like the Jazz are determined to try make Conley fit in the starting lineup. Conley showed hope in last night's game against the Wizards. He came out searching for assists rather than shots, and he had some impressive drives and dishes. He also got to the free throw line.

The Popcorn Machine for the Jazz-Wizards game shows Conley at 3 assists and zero shot attempts in Q1, 2 assists with 3 shot attempts (0 makes) and 2-2 FTs in Q2, 1 assist and 2-4 shooting in Q3 and zero assists with 3-4 shooting and 2-2 FT in Q4.

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20200228&game=WASUTH

Imo, we need Conley to come out every game in Q1 with the mindset he had last night --- searching for assists and driving and dishing to get other players involved.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#35 » by eLo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:58 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:But it looks like the Jazz are determined to try make Conley fit in the starting lineup. Conley showed a ray of hope in last night's game against the Wizards. He came out searching for assists rather than scoring, and he had some nice drive and dishes. He also got to the free throw line.

The Popcorn Machine for the Jazz-Wizards game shows Conley at 3 assists and zero shot attempts in Q1, 2 assists with 3 shot attempts (0 makes) and 2-2 FTs in Q2, 1 assist and 2-4 shooting in Q3 and zero assists with 3-4 shooting and 2-2 FT in Q4.

Imo, we need Conley to come out every game in Q1 with the mindset he had last night --- searching for assists, driving and dishing to get other players going and not looking to shoot himself as much.

when Conley is truly playing like he can, and he is this floor general, he fit very well. He would fit every where to be honest.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#36 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 6:44 am

eLo wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:But it looks like the Jazz are determined to try make Conley fit in the starting lineup. Conley showed a ray of hope in last night's game against the Wizards. He came out searching for assists rather than scoring, and he had some nice drive and dishes. He also got to the free throw line.

Imo, we need Conley to come out every game in Q1 with the mindset he had last night --- searching for assists, driving and dishing to get other players going and not looking to shoot himself as much.

when Conley is truly playing like he can, and he is this floor general, he fit very well. He would fit every where to be honest.

I disagree. The ball sticks to him when he's in the game. It works when the starters come out, but the offense is better when the ball is swinging around. I suspect this is part of why Rudy isn't getting more shots, too, because the ball isn't moving enough and creating mismatches for him.

Since Conley took back the starting job (conveniently, February 1st) Rudy is averaging 13p 12r 1a 2b on 7 shots a game. In the month of January, Rudy averaged 18p 15r 2a 2b on 9.4 shots a game. Some of this is competition related, but some isn't.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
@ndrew
Analyst

Post#37 » by @ndrew » Sun Mar 1, 2020 7:46 am

babyjax13 wrote:
eLo wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:But it looks like the Jazz are determined

Since Conley took back the starting job (conveniently, February 1st) Rudy is averaging 13p 12r 1a 2b on 7 shots a game. In the month of January, Rudy averaged 18p 15r 2a 2b on 9.4 shots a game. Some of this is competition related, but some isn't.

Considering the FG % of Gobert, that's sad.
Conley still does not have a good place within the system. He can be we easily replaced by Ingles / Clarkson, who have a way to provide their own plays. Hopefully, he can get his shot back. Much needed for modern game.
TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Post#38 » by TPV » Sun Mar 1, 2020 5:37 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
eLo wrote:

I disagree. The ball sticks to him when he's in the game. It works when the starters come out, but the offense is better when the ball is swinging around. I suspect this is part of why Rudy isn't getting more shots, too, because the ball isn't moving enough and creating mismatches for him.

I haven't watched Utah lately, but earlier in the season, the Conley fit with Gobert looked awful. It looks like he's not used to playing with someone like Gobert who can roll to the rim, and just plays completely differently from Marc Gasol. But more importantly, he was just missing many open/semi-open shots that he would make last year.

I thought that the Jazz should've made this deal last year (when they could've used Rubio's contract instead of Crowder's) and still liked the trade this past offseason. But it's clear that it's been a failure thus far, and the chance at redeeming this is very low.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#39 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 6:56 pm

@ndrew wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
eLo wrote:when Conley is truly playing like he can, and he is this floor general, he fit very well. He would fit every where to be honest.

Considering the FG % of Gobert, that's sad.
Conley still does not have a good place within the system. He can be we easily replaced by Ingles / Clarkson, who have a way to provide their own plays. Hopefully, he can get his shot back. Much needed for modern game.

His shot is back, since coming back into the starting lineup he has been shooting really well (44/40). But that's coming at the expense of a more efficient option.

JColl
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#40 » by pickIBL » Sun Mar 1, 2020 7:41 pm

Maybe the Jazz trade for the rights to micic over the summer
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Utah Jazz