Walt Perrin leaving for job with New York Knicks

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Walt Perrin leaving for job with New York Knicks 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon May 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Didn't know this until stitches raised the issue in another thread, so I thought I'll open a thread about it.

No sure how I feel about this. Perrin had some big hits and awful misses. But being assistant GM for the Knicks is a step up (except it's the Knicks...) from the position he had with the Jazz, so congrats to him, I guess. On the other hand, if he had anything to do with the Conley trade, as in giving his professional input as a vice president of player personnel and a former head scout about how we should trade for Conley because it's going to be good for us, I say good riddance.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/5/18/21262647/report-utah-jazz-vp-player-personnel-walt-perrin-leaving-job-new-york-knicks
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Re: Walt Perrin leaving for job with New York Knicks 

Post#2 » by MeestR » Mon May 18, 2020 8:48 pm

LAAAAAAME.

I feel similar to how I did watching Hornecek go to the Suns and then Knicks. I mean it is good for them individually. It could even enhance Jazz's reputation in building a tree around the league. But I wish Utah could have all the talent, instead of eventually watching our talent compete against us. Especially since every branch or limb who ends up in New York ends up withering.

Every day I get more and more nervous about Zanik.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#3 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue May 19, 2020 1:53 pm

MeestR wrote:LAAAAAAME.

I feel similar to how I did watching Hornecek go to the Suns and then Knicks. I mean it is good for them individually. It could even enhance Jazz's reputation in building a tree around the league. But I wish Utah could have all the talent, instead of eventually watching our talent compete against us. Especially since every branch or limb who ends up in New York ends up withering.

Every day I get more and more nervous about Zanik.

Frankly, I'm so disappointed in the direction this team has taken that I'm not nervous about losing anyone. That's especially true for Zanik, who was part of the Conley trade. Not that I'm calling for him to leave or anything, but if he goes elsewhere, as he did before, I won't feel like we suffered a big loss.

Besides, we already had "all the talent" on the managerial side and we got no where.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#4 » by zero24gravity » Thu May 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Let the theories that this is a move to get Mitchell to NY in the future begin! :P

Return to Utah Jazz