Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya, DelaneyRudd

Charlie_S
Rookie
Posts: 1,054
And1: 79
Joined: Jan 20, 2006
Location: Italy

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#381 » by Charlie_S » Wed May 5, 2021 5:43 am

Charlie_S wrote:I believe that this summer a bunch of NBA teams are going to be taking a look at Shavon Shields. He's Will Shields' son for those of you that follow the NFL (I don't but I'm pretty sure that name rings a bell). He played college ball at Nebraska, went undrafted in 2016 and has since built himself an excellent career overseas, playing very well in high-level, successful clubs. He's now 27 and in his prime.


Shields just led his team to the Euroleague Final Four with a 34 point performance on 9/12 shooting. This guy should be an NBA player next season.

User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 21,217
And1: 7,653
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#382 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 5, 2021 7:21 am

I kind of like the idea of trying to get Kelly Olynyk. I think he'd fit pretty well and do a lot of things we need from the power forward position.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 2,767
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#383 » by GobertReport » Wed May 5, 2021 3:21 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I kind of like the idea of trying to get Kelly Olynyk. I think he'd fit pretty well and do a lot of things we need from the power forward position.


I was hoping he would be bought out but I doubt he signs with Utah because Favors would take his minutes.
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 21,217
And1: 7,653
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#384 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 5, 2021 9:54 pm

GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I kind of like the idea of trying to get Kelly Olynyk. I think he'd fit pretty well and do a lot of things we need from the power forward position.


I was hoping he would be bought out but I doubt he signs with Utah because Favors would take his minutes.


I don't think we'd play Olynyk at center unless someone was hurt. I'd imagine something like:

Gobert 34/Favors 14
Olynyk 26/Bogdanovic 22
Bogdanovic 8/Ingles 16/O'neale 24
Mitchell 16/Clarkson 24/Ingles 8
Conley 30/Mitchell 18
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 2,767
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#385 » by GobertReport » Wed May 5, 2021 10:21 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I kind of like the idea of trying to get Kelly Olynyk. I think he'd fit pretty well and do a lot of things we need from the power forward position.


I was hoping he would be bought out but I doubt he signs with Utah because Favors would take his minutes.


I don't think we'd play Olynyk at center unless someone was hurt. I'd imagine something like:

Gobert 34/Favors 14
Olynyk 26/Bogdanovic 22
Bogdanovic 8/Ingles 16/O'neale 24
Mitchell 16/Clarkson 24/Ingles 8
Conley 30/Mitchell 18


I am okay with him taking Niangs minutes, that would be ideal in all actuality.
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 21,217
And1: 7,653
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#386 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:37 pm

2 year MLE for Oladipo? He misses all of next season, but then if he comes back healthy we have him on a huge discount + bird rights?
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 2,767
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#387 » by GobertReport » Fri May 21, 2021 10:41 pm

babyjax13 wrote:2 year MLE for Oladipo? He misses all of next season, but then if he comes back healthy we have him on a huge discount + bird rights?


Will we even have the MLE? Feel like it would be the Taxpayers MLE.
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 21,217
And1: 7,653
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#388 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:12 pm

GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:2 year MLE for Oladipo? He misses all of next season, but then if he comes back healthy we have him on a huge discount + bird rights?


Will we even have the MLE? Feel like it would be the Taxpayers MLE.


Yah, it will be the taxpayer MLE. Still, if he misses an entire season it may be a competitive offer.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 2,767
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#389 » by GobertReport » Thu May 27, 2021 5:20 am

Tyreke Evans?
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 21,217
And1: 7,653
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#390 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:35 am

GobertReport wrote:Tyreke Evans?


Banned from the NBA. Can apply for reinstatement "in 2021", not sure if that means he'd be eligible to play next season, or the season after.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 2,767
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#391 » by GobertReport » Fri May 28, 2021 3:47 am

babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Tyreke Evans?


Banned from the NBA. Can apply for reinstatement "in 2021", not sure if that means he'd be eligible to play next season, or the season after.


I think he’s eligible after this season.
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 21,217
And1: 7,653
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#392 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:48 am

GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Tyreke Evans?


Banned from the NBA. Can apply for reinstatement "in 2021", not sure if that means he'd be eligible to play next season, or the season after.


I think he’s eligible after this season.


I definitely wouldn't mind seeing what he has in the tank. You can never have too many big wings who can handle the ball.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz