Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,736

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#541 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:20 am

]
sip wrote:I keep refreshing the updates hoping that I see something about the jazz and Ntilikina. He is the type of upside player we should be shooting for.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

I think they are working a trade.
Ingles is cooked.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#542 » by tugs » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:20 am

Too quiet, something really is in the works

Surprise, Jazz gets Kawhi Leonard in a very complicated S&T
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#543 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:25 am

Porter Jr to the Warriors for the min… The **** min and other teams were offering MLE money, something smells fishy.
Ingles is cooked.
tugs
RealGM

Post#544 » by tugs » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:03 am

GobertReport wrote:Porter Jr to the Warriors for the min… The **** min and other teams were offering MLE money, something smells fishy.
I'd lose it if they're loading up for an Oubre or Wiggins replacement and Jazz is on the receiving end
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#545 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:06 am

tugs wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Porter Jr to the Warriors for the min… The **** min and other teams were offering MLE money, something smells fishy.
I'd lose it if they're loading up for an Oubre or Wiggins replacement and Jazz is on the receiving end

Wiggins is underrated.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#546 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:45 am

Damn. I guarantee the Jazz were the team offering the LE to Portor. Better that big wing soon.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#547 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:19 am

Daddy 801 wrote:Damn. I guarantee the Jazz were the team offering the LE to Portor. Better that big wing soon.

Probably, why give up 4 mill?
Ingles is cooked.
Wolverine
Rookie
And1: 109

Post#548 » by Wolverine » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:31 pm

Exum looking real good tonight!
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#549 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:04 pm

Batum signed a two year deal with the Clips again for a substantial discount to what he is worth imo. I wish the Jazz could get a break like this just one time.

The LA Times speculated that Batum signed for $3.2 million for the coming season and has a player option on a second season. With Kawhi expected to miss most of the 2021-2022 season, you would think the Clips would not still be a destination for a talented vet to sign at a discount. The Clips could conceivably miss the playoffs in the talent-laden WC.

Batum is also still being paid by the Charlotte Hornets. I assume the payment from Charlotte has no bearing on how much another team can offer him, correct? Batum gets to double dip to whatever extent his new team is willing to pay him?
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#550 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:23 pm

Wolverine wrote:Exum looking real good tonight!
If he could somehow stay healthy he would help solve a lot of our issues on the defensive end of the court.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
tugs
RealGM

Post#551 » by tugs » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:36 pm

Just realized DeRozan would be a perfect fit for Utah with his midrange game. Improved his passing as well. Imagine on the low block he can either score, kick out to shooters, or drop to the bigs. Just works
sip
Rookie

Post#552 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:46 pm

What this tells me is that he doesn't have a lot of confidence that he can get back to being the player he used to be and doesn't want the pressure of being viewed as a missing piece. With the warriors if he plays well he will be viewed as a huge piece but if he can't stay healthy he is simply a minimum contract guy so the fan base can't turn on him. Suddenly the warriors are looking pretty damn good though with Thompson and Porter providing knockdown shooting and I have high expectations for Wiseman. They look deep and still have arguably the best player in basketball leading the way. As of now I would definitely put them ahead of us in the rankings. Teams around us are getting better while at best we are staying the same as of now. We are going to have to find some diamonds in the rough to keep up with these guys.
sip
Rookie

Post#553 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:49 pm

tugs wrote:Just realized DeRozan would be a perfect fit for Utah with his midrange game. Improved his passing as well. Imagine on the low block he can either score, kick out to shooters, or drop to the bigs. Just works

He definitely would not be the perfect fit. His midrange game just clogs things up with Rudy out there. His game is pretty terrible fit for most teams because of his ball dominance but lack of 3pt shooting.
tugs
RealGM

Post#554 » by tugs » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:05 pm

sip wrote:
tugs wrote:Just realized DeRozan would be a perfect fit for Utah with his midrange game. Improved his passing as well. Imagine on the low block he can either score, kick out to shooters, or drop to the bigs. Just works

He definitely would not be the perfect fit. His midrange game just clogs things up with Rudy out there. His game is pretty terrible fit for most teams because of his ball dominance but lack of 3pt shooting.
Of course it'll depend if Mitchell will be willing to defer to DeMar. And it's not as if Rudy plays on the low block anyway. DeRozan will attract doubles in the low post, freeing up shooters or Gobert for lobs or putbacks. His last year with the Spurs might be his best in terms of his all around play.

But then again, this is far from reality as I think the only option is S&T if they were to get him
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 448

Post#555 » by bkohler » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:22 pm

GobertReport wrote:
tugs wrote:

Wiggins is underrated.

Agreed, this is a situation where his huge contract makes people feel like he's not a good player. He's definitely not a max player, but he's good. This is exactly the type of player the Jazz will have to bring back to continue to build the roster. Someone with a flaw and Wiggins flaws are he's overpaid and didn't live up to his hype. There are worse flaws for a player to have.
D Rog
Junior
And1: 83

Post#556 » by D Rog » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:26 pm

WOJ said Gay to Utah - Anyone hear how much?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#557 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:27 pm

bkohler wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
tugs wrote:I'd lose it if they're loading up for an Oubre or Wiggins replacement and Jazz is on the receiving end

Wiggins is underrated.

Agreed, this is a situation where his huge contract makes people feel like he's not a good player. He's definitely not a max player, but he's good. This is exactly the type of player the Jazz will have to bring back to continue to build the roster. Someone with a flaw and Wiggins flaws are he's overpaid and didn't live up to his hype. There are worse flaws for a player to have.

I personally believe it’s lack of having a consistent coach.
Ingles is cooked.
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 448

Post#558 » by bkohler » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:28 pm

D Rog wrote:WOJ said Gay to Utah - Anyone hear how much?

TPMLE
D Rog
Junior
And1: 83

Post#559 » by D Rog » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:48 pm

GobertReport wrote:
bkohler wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Wiggins is underrated.

I personally believe it’s lack of having a consistent coach.

Could the Jazz trade Ingles (resign Niang about $5M) and include the TPE from Favors? I think that would provide an amount that makes the salaries work for Wiggins. Not sure I am as interested in Oubre.
tugs
RealGM

Post#560 » by tugs » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:53 pm

Let's go Rudy Gay finally a scoring threat at the 3/4 position!

Return to Utah Jazz