Round 1, Game 3: Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Re: Round 1, Game 3: Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets 

Post#21 » by Darthlukey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 am

Celtics fan here in peace. Glad to see your guys playing so well. Very much like your team and it seemed like for a good portion of the season something wasn't right, but they are well and truly cooking now
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 356

Post#22 » by vryadli » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:46 am

DM again with super-efficient points and 0 TO. And -as consolation prize for those, who prefer him to score 50-60, it was a crushing W.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,060

Post#23 » by FJS » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:29 am

Trying to Avoid okc and rockets was genius. We will probably advance yo 2nd round, then we'll see if we can compete
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#24 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:46 pm

It seems I seriously over-estimated the Nuggets. Man, they've looked awful in the last two games. They don't seem to have an answer to a team that actually tries to play defense. I thought they'd be better than that. Props to the Jazz for making them look this bad too.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#25 » by TNJazz » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:16 am

I too seriously over estimated the Nugs. After the season the Jazz had, which was as disappointing as any I've seen for what seems like forever, I had zero expectations for them especially when Bojan went down and Conley left for the birth of his son. Snyder and the team have been playing possum all season, giving us glimpses, but having no sustainability. These last three games and the bubble game that went into OT, have really brought this team together. IF they will keep playing team ball, they will be dangerous against anybody. They have really made Denver look pathetic. Never been so thrilled to be so wrong!!
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#26 » by sipclip » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:11 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:It seems I seriously over-estimated the Nuggets. Man, they've looked awful in the last two games. They don't seem to have an answer to a team that actually tries to play defense. I thought they'd be better than that. Props to the Jazz for making them look this bad too.
The Malik Beasley trade is really coming back to haunt them with Harris and Barton gone. Also Millsaps impact has dropped off significantly over the last year.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#27 » by babyjax13 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:22 am

Finally getting to watching this game. Morgan is way better at power forward than at center, I really like him with this starting lineup. He makes good reads on both ends, very reminiscent of O'neale, just in a different role (power forward defender rather than wing). Really eases the load on Rudy, too. Hope we can sign him for a few years on the cheap, especially if he becomes a reliably three point shooter.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 977

Post#28 » by red4hf » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:33 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Finally getting to watching this game. Morgan is way better at power forward than at center, I really like him with this starting lineup. He makes good reads on both ends, very reminiscent of O'neale, just in a different role (power forward defender rather than wing). Really eases the load on Rudy, too. Hope we can sign him for a few years on the cheap, especially if he becomes a reliably three point shooter.

He looked pretty bad during the restart, and yet once the playoffs started, he looks like a completely different player...... Like you said if he can keep developing that corner three, he might have a future.......

Return to Utah Jazz