Round 1, Game 5: Utah Jazz @ Denver Nuggets

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya, DelaneyRudd

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 5,573

Re: Round 1, Game 5: Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets 

Post#21 » by KqWIN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:35 am

Wasn't able to watch due to work...what happened?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 5,916

Post#22 » by babyjax13 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:25 am

KqWIN wrote:Wasn't able to watch due to work...what happened?

Our shooting came down to earth a bit in the 4th, and O'neale had some mistakes in the end that were compounded by Murray's hot shooting. We also had two tapouts on defensive rebounds that ended up with Murray and resulted in him scoring five points. It wasn't really concerning, Murray and Jokic just got really hot, but I think we played well the entire game except the last three minutes. O'neale's foul trouble also hurt us because Joe can't stay in front of Murray.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
El Hespiritu
Pro Prospect
And1: 734

Post#23 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:04 am

I couldn't watch it live so I just replayed it right now.
Couldn't avoid spoilers, tho.

In fact, wasn't that different from last game.
Only 1st Unit Spida (Don) and 2nd Unit Spida (Jordan) were less super human here and DEN upgraded defense from Disgraceful to Barely Tolerable.

That made it.

The emotional factor played as well: for DEN it was just win or die while UTA had other options. Urge can be a good motivator.

Supposed we're on estasis, Jazz should end the serie if not next game, then the last one.

If The MaloOne rocks the boat and manages to upgrade defense again (let's say from Barely Tolerable to Just Slightly Stinky) that would mean veeeery serious troubles but I don't think he gets anything else left under the sleeve.

If any, I would give Plumlee and Bol Bol instead of Monte and Grant some meaningful minutes: probably disfunctional but somewhat fun at least.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw their bodies into the sea
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 5,685

Post#24 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:03 am

That was a fun game. Props to the Nuggets for coming out to play with a purpose. Can't really complain about either team, that was a good game. Jokic and Murray were awesome.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
TNJazz
Senior
And1: 139

Post#25 » by TNJazz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:That was a fun game. Props to the Nuggets for coming out to play with a purpose. Can't really complain about either team, that was a good game. Jokic and Murray were awesome.

Agreed, fun game, glad to see the Nugs still have some fight. Jazz didn't fold, just didn't execute down the stretch. Uncharacteristically, it was O'Neil that blinked. His indecision to shoot that wide open 3 had him in a funk for the last few minutes. Not worried, Thursday will end it :rock:

Return to Utah Jazz