Millers sell Jazz to Ryan Smith (Qualtrics)

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

vryadli
Pro Prospect
And1: 221

Re: Millers sell Jazz to Ryan Smith (Qualtrics) 

Post#61 » by vryadli » Mon Nov 2, 2020 4:38 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
KqWIN wrote:The Millers look like they had to sell no matter what, what if he wasn't there? It's a scary thought.

I'm sure the family of billionaires would have been just fine. In other news, I'm still struggling to pay for my car.

Reed Larry Miller’s book “ driven “. He came from nothing and made himself a billionaire. What’s your excuse

Looks like it is too late for us, as you read it already and evidently far ahead. At least half-billionaire are you, right?
vryadli
Pro Prospect
And1: 221

Post#62 » by vryadli » Mon Nov 2, 2020 4:43 pm

bkohler wrote:Ryan is a good guy and has invested millions in helping build and bring Tech companies to Utah. He's as safe a bet to keep The Jazz in Utah long term as nearly anyone you could find. He's had opportunities to purchase other NBA teams but passed because he wanted the Jazz. He is one of the few Jazz fans you'll find at every summer league game.

You'll notice Ryan with Joe Ingles and Steve Starks in a picture I took during the last summer league in Utah:

Ryan is one of the original founders of Silicon Slopes which is a large nonprofit dedicated to bringing more tech companies and talent to Utah. He also happened to have one of the largest strokes of luck imaginable as he sold Qualtrics to SAP and then the CEO of SAP left the company. The new SAP CEO decided they no longer wanted Qualtrics and are spinning it back off into a private entity with Smith being able to buy back majority ownership for a fraction of what they paid him originally.

Thanks for sharing info and photo!
bkohler
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#63 » by bkohler » Mon Nov 2, 2020 10:51 pm

vryadli wrote:
bkohler wrote:Ryan is a good guy and has invested millions in helping build and bring Tech companies to Utah. He's as safe a bet to keep The Jazz in Utah long term as nearly anyone you could find. He's had opportunities to purchase other NBA teams but passed because he wanted the Jazz. He is one of the few Jazz fans you'll find at every summer league game.

You'll notice Ryan with Joe Ingles and Steve Starks in a picture I took during the last summer league in Utah:

Ryan is one of the original founders of Silicon Slopes which is a large nonprofit dedicated to bringing more tech companies and talent to Utah. He also happened to have one of the largest strokes of luck imaginable as he sold Qualtrics to SAP and then the CEO of SAP left the company. The new SAP CEO decided they no longer wanted Qualtrics and are spinning it back off into a private entity with Smith being able to buy back majority ownership for a fraction of what they paid him originally.

Thanks for sharing info and photo!

No problem!

Return to Utah Jazz