Favors and Clarkson return

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,522
And1: 691
Joined: Jul 29, 2009

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#41 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:23 am

Lava Rock Kid wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:David Locke was ready to go with his pro Jazz organization spin on the signing of DFav and Clarkson, and he sounded reasonably convincing. I am excited to see this team compete.

Locked On Jazz - Daily Podcast On The Utah Jazz
https://open.spotify.com/show/5PRcngefZpnWgyFyMbYJlk


Earlier in the week he said it wasn’t a good idea to bring back favors because we couldn’t score with him and gobert on the floor

:lol: :lol:
MTJazzv3
Starter
Posts: 2,091
And1: 818
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
 

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#42 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:40 am

I'm actually pleased with the both transactions and on the draft, wait and see, but it isn't a bust yet and anyone saying so has a secret crystal ball inaccessible to the rest of us. Not many on this board were remotely excited about Gobert on draft day (for example). Jazz are basically running last season back with some important exceptions: 1) Favors v Bradley, 2) Clarkson fully integrated rather than a half season addition; 3) Conley...finally got it together, even before the Bubble and is now fully integrated. As constructed and if healthy they are a tough out in the second round. And who knows, DM doesn't exactly look like he has peaked yet - he has gotten seriously better each year on his rookie contract, and that is what an NBA star looks like. Jazz still going with continuity approach - experiment still in progress but looks like it could bear fruit?
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
User avatar
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
Posts: 102,855
And1: 9,040
Joined: Nov 17, 2006
         

Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#43 » by DelaneyRudd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:41 am

2 and 3 are situational. Bojan is healthy, but someone’s getting hurt too. Only one true point. Only changes are Favors and Udoka over Bradley and Davis, our team needs one of last years 2nds-Oni- or this year’s -Hughes- to be a good rotation player.
User avatar
tugs
RealGM
Posts: 14,270
And1: 2,011
Joined: Jul 22, 2010

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#44 » by tugs » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:59 am

Rayjon Tucker?
DelaneyRudd wrote:2 and 3 are situational. Bojan is healthy, but someone’s getting hurt too. Only one true point. Only changes are Favors and Udoka over Bradley and Davis, our team needs one of last years 2nds-Oni- or this year’s -Hughes- to be a good rotation player.
User avatar
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
Posts: 102,855
And1: 9,040
Joined: Nov 17, 2006
         

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#45 » by DelaneyRudd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:01 am

tugs wrote:Rayjon Tucker?
DelaneyRudd wrote:2 and 3 are situational. Bojan is healthy, but someone’s getting hurt too. Only one true point. Only changes are Favors and Udoka over Bradley and Davis, our team needs one of last years 2nds-Oni- or this year’s -Hughes- to be a good rotation player.

If he’s the one I won’t say I was the one who predicted it, but I’ll be happy as a clam.
User avatar
tugs
RealGM
Posts: 14,270
And1: 2,011
Joined: Jul 22, 2010

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#46 » by tugs » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 am

DelaneyRudd wrote:
tugs wrote:Rayjon Tucker?
DelaneyRudd wrote:2 and 3 are situational. Bojan is healthy, but someone’s getting hurt too. Only one true point. Only changes are Favors and Udoka over Bradley and Davis, our team needs one of last years 2nds-Oni- or this year’s -Hughes- to be a good rotation player.

If he’s the one I won’t say I was the one who predicted it, but I’ll be happy as a clam.
Brantley looks promising but basing on bubble play, Tucker looks to be more ready. Has a good chemistry with Clarkson and Mudiay
Catchall
RealGM
Posts: 12,505
And1: 5,215
Joined: Jul 06, 2008
     

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#47 » by Catchall » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 pm

I'm just realizing that Favors is a better fit to play off of Mike Conley than Rudy is. Bringing Favors back should help Mike play more of the same role he did in Memphis.
User avatar
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,710
And1: 5,445
Joined: Jul 16, 2001
Location: Salt Lake City

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#48 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Im very happy to see Clarkson return. He is a difference maker and i was worried somsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeonsomsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeone would outbid us.

Favors is just meh for me. He will be ok if heheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthheheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthy but not much else.

Sorry for typos my phone is wigging out.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
User avatar
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
Posts: 102,855
And1: 9,040
Joined: Nov 17, 2006
         

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#49 » by DelaneyRudd » Yesterday 3:54 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Im very happy to see Clarkson return. He is a difference maker and i was worried somsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeonsomsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeone would outbid us.

Favors is just meh for me. He will be ok if heheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthheheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthy but not much else.

Sorry for typos my phone is wigging out.

I was trying to sing your post to Moving Out (Anthony’s Song).
User avatar
CAE15
Analyst
Posts: 3,532
And1: 447
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Defending Trey Burke
   

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#50 » by CAE15 » Yesterday 6:38 am

DelaneyRudd wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:Im very happy to see Clarkson return. He is a difference maker and i was worried somsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeonsomsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeone would outbid us.

Favors is just meh for me. He will be ok if heheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthheheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthy but not much else.

Sorry for typos my phone is wigging out.

I was trying to sing your post to Moving Out (Anthony’s Song).
Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
Image

Return to Utah Jazz