Favors and Clarkson return

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
And1: 691

Re: Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#41 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:23 am

Lava Rock Kid wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:David Locke was ready to go with his pro Jazz organization spin on the signing of DFav and Clarkson, and he sounded reasonably convincing. I am excited to see this team compete.

Locked On Jazz - Daily Podcast On The Utah Jazz
https://open.spotify.com/show/5PRcngefZpnWgyFyMbYJlk

Earlier in the week he said it wasn’t a good idea to bring back favors because we couldn’t score with him and gobert on the floor

:lol: :lol:
MTJazzv3
Starter
And1: 818

Post#42 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:40 am

I'm actually pleased with the both transactions and on the draft, wait and see, but it isn't a bust yet and anyone saying so has a secret crystal ball inaccessible to the rest of us. Not many on this board were remotely excited about Gobert on draft day (for example). Jazz are basically running last season back with some important exceptions: 1) Favors v Bradley, 2) Clarkson fully integrated rather than a half season addition; 3) Conley...finally got it together, even before the Bubble and is now fully integrated. As constructed and if healthy they are a tough out in the second round. And who knows, DM doesn't exactly look like he has peaked yet - he has gotten seriously better each year on his rookie contract, and that is what an NBA star looks like. Jazz still going with continuity approach - experiment still in progress but looks like it could bear fruit?
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 9,040

Favors and Clarkson return 

Post#43 » by DelaneyRudd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:41 am

2 and 3 are situational. Bojan is healthy, but someone’s getting hurt too. Only one true point. Only changes are Favors and Udoka over Bradley and Davis, our team needs one of last years 2nds-Oni- or this year’s -Hughes- to be a good rotation player.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#44 » by tugs » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:59 am

Rayjon Tucker?
DelaneyRudd wrote:2 and 3 are situational. Bojan is healthy, but someone’s getting hurt too. Only one true point. Only changes are Favors and Udoka over Bradley and Davis, our team needs one of last years 2nds-Oni- or this year’s -Hughes- to be a good rotation player.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#45 » by DelaneyRudd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:01 am

tugs wrote:Rayjon Tucker?
DelaneyRudd wrote:2 and 3 are situational. Bojan is healthy, but someone’s getting hurt too. Only one true point. Only changes are Favors and Udoka over Bradley and Davis, our team needs one of last years 2nds-Oni- or this year’s -Hughes- to be a good rotation player.

If he’s the one I won’t say I was the one who predicted it, but I’ll be happy as a clam.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#46 » by tugs » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 am

DelaneyRudd wrote:
tugs wrote:Rayjon Tucker?

If he’s the one I won’t say I was the one who predicted it, but I’ll be happy as a clam.
Brantley looks promising but basing on bubble play, Tucker looks to be more ready. Has a good chemistry with Clarkson and Mudiay
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#47 » by Catchall » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 pm

I'm just realizing that Favors is a better fit to play off of Mike Conley than Rudy is. Bringing Favors back should help Mike play more of the same role he did in Memphis.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,445

Post#48 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Im very happy to see Clarkson return. He is a difference maker and i was worried somsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeonsomsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeone would outbid us.

Favors is just meh for me. He will be ok if heheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthheheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthy but not much else.

Sorry for typos my phone is wigging out.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#49 » by DelaneyRudd » Yesterday 3:54 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Im very happy to see Clarkson return. He is a difference maker and i was worried somsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeonsomsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeone would outbid us.

Favors is just meh for me. He will be ok if heheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthheheahehealheheahehealtheheahehealheheahehealthy but not much else.

I was trying to sing your post to Moving Out (Anthony’s Song).
CAE15
Analyst
And1: 447

Post#50 » by CAE15 » Yesterday 6:38 am

DelaneyRudd wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:Im very happy to see Clarkson return. He is a difference maker and i was worried somsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeonsomsomesomsomeosomsomesomsomeone would outbid us.

I was trying to sing your post to Moving Out (Anthony’s Song).
Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Utah Jazz