NBA Draft - 2021 Draft Prospects

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya, DelaneyRudd

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 7,161

Re: NBA Draft - 2021 Draft Prospects 

Post#61 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:16 pm

I like Daishen Nix quite a bit if Dosunmu and/or Giddey are off the board (I might actually like him more than Giddey, I'm a bit hesitant about whether his athleticism is going to be acceptable at the NBA level - but athletic testing might show that there is less of a gap than I think - or none). I'd be upset if we drafted another center. I'm fine taking the shot with Dok (agree that I liked other prospects more, but if they had him as top 10 and were fairly confident in that assessment I like that they picked perceived potential > fit), but this year there are so many decent guards, wings, and 2 way stretch 4's that it would be a shame not to grab one. I'm surprised Dosunmu isn't universal lottery, so my board for us at 30 is something like:

1. Ayo Dosunmu
2. Daishen Nix
3. Josh Giddey
4. Isaiah Todd
5. Josh Cristopher
6. Keyontae Johnson

If we can move up a bit I'd put Sharife Cooper at 2 (I think he actually has really high upside if his size is not a huge impediment) BJ Boston at 2, and Greg Brown somewhere in the mix.

In the second round I like Juhann Bugarin, Mojave King, Herbert Jones, Quintin Grimes, and Aaron Henry (along with others, but these guys all seem like a good fit for us).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 6,414

Post#62 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:51 am

I think Bennedict Mathurin is a steal if he comes out this year and gets picked in the late 1st. As always, I'm wondering what he's like with the ball in his hands, but I like him more than I liked Harrison Barnes coming out of UNC.

With Isaiah Todd, I think you're hoping for MPJ-lite. He needs to go rebound more, but I think as he gains strength he'll be more willing to throw his body into the paint.

I still like Marcus Bagley somewhat, but would be more comfortable in the 2nd round. He's a bit like the Cam Reddish of this draft. Toolsy, nice stroke, nice athlete, but it's not clear if he's fully engaged. I think his IQ and defensive awareness are better than Reddish's.

There are so many guards in this draft, I don't want to be bothered to check them all out.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#63 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:36 am

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#64 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:32 am

Mathurin looks really raw to me, and I don't think he is going to stay in the draft. His jumper is really slow and I hate the mechanics on it, reminds me a lot of Rodney Hood's jumper that always had him getting injured landing on every defender's feet in a 10 foot vicinity.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#65 » by Catchall » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:28 am

babyjax13 wrote:Mathurin looks really raw to me, and I don't think he is going to stay in the draft. His jumper is really slow and I hate the mechanics on it, reminds me a lot of Rodney Hood's jumper that always had him getting injured landing on every defender's feet in a 10 foot vicinity.

He's still 18. He's got good elevation and lean on his jumper and he's hitting 41% from 3pt.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#66 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 am

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Mathurin looks really raw to me, and I don't think he is going to stay in the draft. His jumper is really slow and I hate the mechanics on it, reminds me a lot of Rodney Hood's jumper that always had him getting injured landing on every defender's feet in a 10 foot vicinity.

He's still 18. He's got good elevation and lean on his jumper and he's hitting 41% from 3pt.

Maybe Arizona's system just makes all their prospects look like crap to me. I really don't like Mathurin or Bagley, but in a different system maybe they'd get to show more.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#67 » by babyjax13 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:46 am

Liking Todd more and more at the end of the first. He is big AND can shoot, that's kind of what we need at power forward.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz