LeBron’s comments

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 977

Re: LeBron’s comments 

Post#21 » by red4hf » Fri Mar 5, 2021 11:04 pm

Just more evidence of how ignorant LeBron is, as if any more was needed.......
TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Post#22 » by TO11 » Sat Mar 6, 2021 1:10 am

I guess the thing that bugs me the most out of his comments is that playing video games as a kid doesn't really have anything to do with Rudy Gobert or Donovan Mitchell. The fact they play for Utah shouldn't really have anything to do with the all star draft lol. I don't really follow his thought process there. If he is simply stating that he didn't draft them because they play for a team in a certain location of the country then like wut?
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#23 » by AingesBurner » Sat Mar 6, 2021 1:21 am

TO11 wrote:I guess the thing that bugs me the most out of his comments is that playing video games as a kid doesn't really have anything to do with Rudy Gobert or Donovan Mitchell. The fact they play for Utah shouldn't really have anything to do with the all star draft lol. I don't really follow his thought process there. If he is simply stating that he didn't draft them because they play for a team in a certain location of the country then like wut?

It’s because LeBrons a twunt.
Ingles is cooked.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#24 » by BudTugly » Sat Mar 6, 2021 3:30 am

Jim Rome has a take

zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#25 » by zero24gravity » Sat Mar 6, 2021 3:54 am

If I were to lay down a conspiracy theory, I'd say them being picked last for the team and the comments to follow were totally planned by LeBron and KD. Possibly their way of trying to get in the heads of a team they fear, and may be sick of hearing about.

Hopefully it's gamesmanship, and nothing to do with perceived Utah-culture.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 977

Post#26 » by red4hf » Sat Mar 6, 2021 11:56 am

zero24gravity wrote:If I were to lay down a conspiracy theory, I'd say them being picked last for the team and the comments to follow were totally planned by LeBron and KD. Possibly their way of trying to get in the heads of a team they fear, and may be sick of hearing about.

Hopefully it's gamesmanship, and nothing to do with perceived Utah-culture.

You think LeBron is that clever? As Joe Biden would say "C'mon man".......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#27 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Mar 6, 2021 12:13 pm

I don't know why it bothers so many people. There's a decent chance the Jazz will meet the Lakers in the playoffs and LeBron just gave the Jazz players motivation to play even harder and the Jazz fans to cheer even louder. He did the Jazz a favor.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#28 » by TNJazz » Sun Mar 7, 2021 1:50 am

BudTugly wrote:Jim Rome has a take

Nice video Tugly! Fuel for the PO. #JazzSlander
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#29 » by BudTugly » Sun Mar 7, 2021 7:27 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:I don't know why it bothers so many people. There's a decent chance the Jazz will meet the Lakers in the playoffs and LeBron just gave the Jazz players motivation to play even harder and the Jazz fans to cheer even louder. He did the Jazz a favor.

I agree I’m just exploring where this comes from exactly. It is definitely more than dudes playing mind games. And it def isn’t a black thing exclusively. People I’ve been around that in many other situations would be ah not role models to multiculturalism have been all over laughing at me and cheering on the Lakers in the Deron era.

It’s kinda nebulous and unsaid yet nearly universally understood
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#30 » by BudTugly » Sun Mar 7, 2021 8:17 am

Denizfeital wrote:
BudTugly wrote:My post isn’t about our guys getting snubbed.

It’s about what is going on with LBJs comments. In my experience it’s pretty universal that the Jazz are just the one team that cannot be cool. I think that a lot of people would rather this franchise either stopped existing or moved to Seattle

I don't know man, but from an outsider like me, who went once to Salt Lake City to watch the Utah Jazz for 3 games, I think the Jazz are super cool. They play a beautiful basketball, share the ball continuously. I have been following them since 1997 and I love them.

If I ever stop rooting for them, I will simply stop, will not replace them for another one.

Of course, watching Lebron is kind of magical thing, but The Utah Jazz is by far my favorite team.

Regards,

Yea sounds a lot like my own experience, I’m not from that area and have never attended a game. I will soon I’m sure.

Of course Jazz fans don’t worry about this stuff in fact when I became a fan it was a factor as I have always liked to feel kind of against the grain. Of course to us it’s all cool.

But to the vast majority of American NBA fans ( not international as far as I can tell) this franchise is just not alright
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#31 » by BudTugly » Sun Mar 7, 2021 9:30 am

These f’n people

pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#32 » by pickIBL » Sun Mar 7, 2021 3:14 pm

BudTugly wrote:
I don’t live in Utah I live in northern Idaho which is at least if not way worse in terms of being packed with um, a certain demographic. But it isn’t that right?

A lot of places have tons of that thing. What Utah doesn’t have is a large black community. That’s it right?

Maybe this discussion isn’t viable due to board rules on politics but I do think it’s worth thinking about what makes Utah special in comparison to places like say Indiana which birthed a certain secret society.

Lebron was part of a certain demographic growing up that openly hated white people.

His number one fear in society is black people being attacked by white people while out on a jog.

There is a very famous actor that says the number one issue in the black community is lack of fathers in the home.

I grew up around some minorities but mostly white kids. I never hated anyone based on race and had a father that'd straighten me out if I ever got out of line.

Statistically Lebron is most at risk from other blacks. With the cops he's more likely to be killed by a black or latino cop than a white cop. And the cops kill less than 2000 a year and that's mostly firing back, suicide by cop, etc. Racism is a small minority.

Lebron didn't go to college and major in this. I hate the fox news clowns that say shut up and dribble. But Lebron is just a guy who is good at basketball. I'm glad to see he is active in his children's lives.

But Lebron jumping on this woke movement is bad for moderate and moderate left America. I remember obama telling everyone to knock that defund the police stuff off. That was basically a trump psa. J

Dont be so hard on Idaho and Utah. I dont live there but dont believe it to be full of racists. At least no more than Akron.

White people arent the only folks that can hate. When it comes to anti gay and transphobic people you'll find plenty of that culture centered around the black church.

We see cancel culture focused even on historical figures. In the late 50s MLK wrote for ebony magazine. A young gay black man wrote to him about discovering his homosexuality. What do you suppose his response was? Yea, it's as cringeworthy as you'd expect for the time.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#33 » by BudTugly » Sun Mar 7, 2021 5:49 pm

pickIBL wrote:
BudTugly wrote:
I don’t live in Utah I live in northern Idaho...

Lebron was part of a certain demographic growing up that openly hated white people...

I think LeBron is a pretty amazing person overall as far as I can tell not having met even somebody who knows the guy. I know his personal story, it’s almost hard not to, he’s so famous. I’m not here to judge LBJ as such and it isn’t really relevant to what I’m doing here anyway although IMO he seems to have put a lot of thought into his views and generally has responded well to jackassery from pundits.

LeBron was not engaging in serious business with those comments other than sort of beefing our players out of their game, I don’t think. But what he was referring to is a thing.

IMO it is a huge mistake to think someone needs to go to college to have credibility in subjects other than hard science. Not dissing anyone’s degree but that sort of attitude only serves to silence the poor. Also there is a huge difference between woke shame throwing and taking time to listen to historical as well as current discourse on culture n justice. Again not meaning to judge anyone, it’s a journey.

But all that aside I don’t think it’s a perception that Jazz Fans are specially terrible but maybe that’s some of it. I think it’s a combo of Mormonism being seen as weird, there being hardly any black people in SLC, some really crappy fans being tolerated, and a snowballing mythology that has grown over time.

I find this stuff to be interesting to explore on its own aside from entertaining feelings of grievance.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#34 » by AingesBurner » Sun Mar 7, 2021 6:44 pm

BudTugly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
BudTugly wrote:
I don’t live in Utah I live in northern Idaho...

Lebron was part of a certain demographic growing up that openly hated white people...

I think LeBron is a pretty amazing person overall as far as I can tell not having met even somebody who knows the guy. I know his personal story, it’s almost hard not to, he’s so famous. I’m not here to judge LBJ as such and it isn’t really relevant to what I’m doing here anyway although IMO he seems to have put a lot of thought into his views and generally has responded well to jackassery from pundits.

LeBron was not engaging in serious business with those comments other than sort of beefing our players out of their game, I don’t think. But what he was referring to is a thing.

IMO it is a huge mistake to think someone needs to go to college to have credibility in subjects other than hard science. Not dissing anyone’s degree but that sort of attitude only serves to silence the poor. Also there is a huge difference between woke shame throwing and taking time to listen to historical as well as current discourse on culture n justice. Again not meaning to judge anyone, it’s a journey.

But all that aside I don’t think it’s a perception that Jazz Fans are specially terrible but maybe that’s some of it. I think it’s a combo of Mormonism being seen as weird, there being hardly any black people in SLC, some really crappy fans being tolerated, and a snowballing mythology that has grown over time.

I find this stuff to be interesting to explore on its own aside from entertaining feelings of grievance.

I’m not taking race relations preaching from a guy who doesn’t even know how to read a book.
Ingles is cooked.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#35 » by BudTugly » Sun Mar 7, 2021 6:53 pm

GobertReport wrote:

I’m not taking race relations preaching from a guy who doesn’t even know how to read a book.

You have a specific book in mind?
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#36 » by pickIBL » Sun Mar 7, 2021 6:54 pm

I'd agree he's an amazing talent and involved father. He's just not the alpha dog and closer you'll find in bird, mj, kobe, etc. hence his need for super teams.

You dont need to go and pay for college to have an opinion. I agree. But there is hard numbers to all of this. And I actually find it depressing that those aren't being discussed.

I'm a busy guy who tbh didnt have much of the hard data on this. But after seeing sam harris report the hard data (a left of center guy) and get dumped on for it i realized that most social justice warriors have not done their homework.

Lebron either hasn't done it, or he has and decided it's more advantagous to follow a false narrative.

Everyone needs to come together, be respected, and discuss the facts.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#37 » by pickIBL » Sun Mar 7, 2021 7:01 pm

Ive talked with a guy on the bench staff for a couple years with lebron. I dont name names but he was not surprised when lebron came back to cleveland for the first game and tried to enter on the home side. Everyone bowed down to him, he tried to run it in cleveland, nobody kept him in check, then he fled to his disaster super team in miami. He's highly talented, but he has his flaws
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#38 » by AingesBurner » Sun Mar 7, 2021 7:17 pm

BudTugly wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I believe it was Malcolm X’s biography he was “reading” upside down.
Ingles is cooked.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#39 » by BudTugly » Sun Mar 7, 2021 7:19 pm

pickIBL wrote:I'd agree he's an amazing talent and involved father. He's just not the alpha dog and closer you'll find in bird, mj, kobe, etc. hence his need for super teams.

You dont need to go and pay for college to have an opinion. I agree. But there is hard numbers to all of this. And I actually find it depressing that those aren't being discussed.

I'm a busy guy who tbh didnt have much of the hard data on this. But after seeing sam smith report the hard data (a left of center guy) and get dumped on for it i realized that most social justice warriors have not done their homework.

Lebron either hasn't done it, or he has and decided it's more advantagous to follow a false narrative.

Everyone needs to come together, be respected, and discuss the facts.

You mean Sam Smith the Chicago writer?
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#40 » by BudTugly » Sun Mar 7, 2021 7:20 pm

GobertReport wrote:
BudTugly wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I believe it was Malcolm X’s biography he was “reading” upside down.

Oh I thought you meant I needed some more reading lol

Return to Utah Jazz