Danny Ainge to the Jazz

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#21 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:41 pm

The guy built a a team that won the championship but apparently he's not good enough for the Jazz. Oh well.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#22 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:00 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:They guy built a a team that won the championship but apparently he's not good enough for the Jazz. Oh well.

Can you have co-GM’s, I like the fact Danny is aggressive and doesn’t sit on his hands.
Ingles is cooked.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#23 » by KqWIN » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:07 pm

I don't know if I can be a fan of the Jazz anymore. This FO literally does not give away free stuff when they sign a FA. What a bunch of scumbags!
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#24 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:47 pm

KqWIN wrote:I don't know if I can be a fan of the Jazz anymore. This FO literally does not give away free stuff when they sign a FA. What a bunch of scumbags!
Celtics have to move players to make Gordon contract work and I'm not sure it come down to Jazz wanting to much and Danny went another way? Sure they had talks about some deal when GH left. Part of me thinks GH would've love playing with Mitchell and today's Jazz? I didn't want Hayward for the price Boston offered him. Hell I was ready to cut ties after Hornet gave him the offer sheet and Jazz matched. Just don't feel GH is a crunch players.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#25 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:21 am

No thanks on Ainge in any role beyond scout. But then again, dude had grit - witness the famous Rollins v. Ainge classic Bite Fight (1983). Can you imagine such a scuffle in today's NBA? Larry Bird literally diving into the scrum. NBA is different today. Not worse, just different.

;ab_channel=RetroBasketballHighlights
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#26 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:50 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:No thanks on Ainge in any role beyond scout. But then again, dude had grit - witness the famous Rollins v. Ainge classic Bite Fight (1983). Can you imagine such a scuffle in today's NBA? Larry Bird literally diving into the scrum. NBA is different today. Not worse, just different.

Danny with the MMA take down :lol:
Ingles is cooked.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#27 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:22 am

GobertReport wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:No thanks on Ainge in any role beyond scout. But then again, dude had grit - witness the famous Rollins v. Ainge classic Bite Fight (1983). Can you imagine such a scuffle in today's NBA? Larry Bird literally diving into the scrum. NBA is different today. Not worse, just different.

First move I learned and perfected in judo as a 10 year old at the SLC YMCA class as a skinny dude up against bigger guys. Get them on the ground fast then have a purpose down there as they are doing the "WTF am I doing on the ground" moment. Never been a real fight since but its a good move to have in the back pocket!
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#28 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:26 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

First move I learned and perfected in judo as a 10 year old at the SLC YMCA class as a skinny dude up against bigger guys. Get them on the ground fast then have a purpose down there as they are doing the "WTF am I doing on the ground" moment. Never been a real fight since but its a good move to have in the back pocket!

For sure!
Ingles is cooked.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#29 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:08 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

keD Don't like the move. Guy's going to catch a quick knee to the face. Cheap shot by Tree tho.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#30 » by BudTugly » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:17 am

Dude retired a failure.

No
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#31 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:06 am

I'd probably switch to rooting for the Grizzlies if we hired him.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#32 » by vryadli » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:19 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:They guy built a a team that won the championship but apparently he's not good enough for the Jazz. Oh well.

Is Jazz a big market team? Oh well.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#33 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:20 pm

I think I would take Danny Ainge over Lindsey/Zanik. Ainge is an aggressive wheeler dealer with championship pedigrees that he earned both as a player and a GM; he rarely gets accused of getting the worst of a deal; he has a pretty decent record on draft picks, and he has useful NBA head coaching experience as well.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#34 » by goober » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:15 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I'd probably switch to rooting for the Grizzlies if we hired him.

In a scouting role I think he’s fine.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#35 » by pickIBL » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:53 pm

KqWIN wrote:
MalonesElbows wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:If we could get Ainge in whatever capacity, I'd love to have him. GMs make ridiculous trade demands and lopsided trade offers all the time, I bet they do that every single day. We probably never hear about 99% of those offers because they go nowhere. I guess people are resenting Ainge because he managed to get a few of those lopsided trades done? Who wouldn't want to get those done? Only difference is he actually did. So basically people are angry at Ainge because he was too good at his job, and we're supposed to not want this guy in our front office? Who here wouldn't be ecstatic if the Jazz managed to fleece another team like Ainge did? Maybe we should be angry at DLZ if they manage to fleece another team because they did too good of a job? "Damn that Lindsey guy, the trade he did was so good for the Jazz that no one will want to trade with him again, we should fire him immediately!" Even I'm not that much of a complainer.

There is a difference between being good at your job and being a prick. Ainge wouldn't even do a sign and trade so we could get a trade exception.

Again...why do people think this is a problem?

The issue with Ainge is that GMs think he negotiates in bad faith and asks for way too much in trades.

The fact that he didn't give the Jazz charity for free is a non-issue and no GM should give out charity to other teams because they feel bad. If you sign a free agent, you are not obligated to give charity to the other team. That's not how it works.

A consultant type role where he has more time with the family probably does make sense. And yea its not his fault on how the jazz lost hayward for nothing when they could have been more proactive earlier.

He is a dick sure. But in my book it'd be fine if the FO grew a pair.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#36 » by pickIBL » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:55 pm

BudTugly wrote:Dude retired a failure.

No

And a champion tbf
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#37 » by bkohler » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:21 pm

BudTugly wrote:Dude retired a failure.

No

I'd take this type of failure in my life.

Won a championship, rebuilt without becoming horrible, built a solid core in Boston for them to move forward with. It's amazing how quickly people have turned on him.

Return to Utah Jazz