Danny Ainge to the Jazz

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya, DelaneyRudd

User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 13,946
And1: 5,822
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#21 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:41 pm

They guy built a a team that won the championship but apparently he's not good enough for the Jazz. Oh well.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 2,768
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#22 » by GobertReport » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:00 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:They guy built a a team that won the championship but apparently he's not good enough for the Jazz. Oh well.


Can you have co-GM’s, I like the fact Danny is aggressive and doesn’t sit on his hands.
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 15,418
And1: 6,185
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#23 » by KqWIN » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:07 pm

I don't know if I can be a fan of the Jazz anymore. This FO literally does not give away free stuff when they sign a FA. What a bunch of scumbags!
User avatar
ForeverRDjazz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,662
And1: 385
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
     

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#24 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:47 pm

KqWIN wrote:I don't know if I can be a fan of the Jazz anymore. This FO literally does not give away free stuff when they sign a FA. What a bunch of scumbags!
Celtics have to move players to make Gordon contract work and I'm not sure it come down to Jazz wanting to much and Danny went another way? Sure they had talks about some deal when GH left. Part of me thinks GH would've love playing with Mitchell and today's Jazz? I didn't want Hayward for the price Boston offered him. Hell I was ready to cut ties after Hornet gave him the offer sheet and Jazz matched. Just don't feel GH is a crunch players.
MTJazzv3
Starter
Posts: 2,400
And1: 1,006
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
 

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#25 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:21 am

No thanks on Ainge in any role beyond scout. But then again, dude had grit - witness the famous Rollins v. Ainge classic Bite Fight (1983). Can you imagine such a scuffle in today's NBA? Larry Bird literally diving into the scrum. NBA is different today. Not worse, just different.

;ab_channel=RetroBasketballHighlights
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 2,768
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#26 » by GobertReport » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:50 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:No thanks on Ainge in any role beyond scout. But then again, dude had grit - witness the famous Rollins v. Ainge classic Bite Fight (1983). Can you imagine such a scuffle in today's NBA? Larry Bird literally diving into the scrum. NBA is different today. Not worse, just different.

;ab_channel=RetroBasketballHighlights


Danny with the MMA take down :lol:
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
MTJazzv3
Starter
Posts: 2,400
And1: 1,006
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
 

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#27 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:22 am

GobertReport wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:No thanks on Ainge in any role beyond scout. But then again, dude had grit - witness the famous Rollins v. Ainge classic Bite Fight (1983). Can you imagine such a scuffle in today's NBA? Larry Bird literally diving into the scrum. NBA is different today. Not worse, just different.

;ab_channel=RetroBasketballHighlights


Danny with the MMA take down :lol:


First move I learned and perfected in judo as a 10 year old at the SLC YMCA class as a skinny dude up against bigger guys. Get them on the ground fast then have a purpose down there as they are doing the "WTF am I doing on the ground" moment. Never been a real fight since but its a good move to have in the back pocket!
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 2,768
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#28 » by GobertReport » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:26 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:No thanks on Ainge in any role beyond scout. But then again, dude had grit - witness the famous Rollins v. Ainge classic Bite Fight (1983). Can you imagine such a scuffle in today's NBA? Larry Bird literally diving into the scrum. NBA is different today. Not worse, just different.

;ab_channel=RetroBasketballHighlights


Danny with the MMA take down :lol:


First move I learned and perfected in judo as a 10 year old at the SLC YMCA class as a skinny dude up against bigger guys. Get them on the ground fast then have a purpose down there as they are doing the "WTF am I doing on the ground" moment. Never been a real fight since but its a good move to have in the back pocket!


For sure!
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
User avatar
ForeverRDjazz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,662
And1: 385
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
     

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#29 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:08 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:No thanks on Ainge in any role beyond scout. But then again, dude had grit - witness the famous Rollins v. Ainge classic Bite Fight (1983). Can you imagine such a scuffle in today's NBA? Larry Bird literally diving into the scrum. NBA is different today. Not worse, just different.

;ab_channel=RetroBasketballHighlights


Danny with the MMA take down :lol:


First move I learned and perfected in judo as a 10 year old at the SLC YMCA class as a skinny dude up against bigger guys. Get them on the ground fast then have a purpose down there as they are doing the "WTF am I doing on the ground" moment. Never been a real fight since but its a good move to have in the back pocket!
keD Don't like the move. Guy's going to catch a quick knee to the face. Cheap shot by Tree tho.
User avatar
BudTugly
Veteran
Posts: 2,895
And1: 1,502
Joined: Jun 14, 2014
   

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#30 » by BudTugly » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:17 am

Dude retired a failure.

No
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 21,217
And1: 7,653
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#31 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:06 am

I'd probably switch to rooting for the Grizzlies if we hired him.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
vryadli
Pro Prospect
Posts: 945
And1: 256
Joined: Jul 24, 2017
 

Re: Danny Ainge to the Jazz 

Post#32 » by vryadli » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:19 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:They guy built a a team that won the championship but apparently he's not good enough for the Jazz. Oh well.


Is Jazz a big market team? Oh well.

Return to Utah Jazz