Trade targets

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

bkohler
Sophomore
Posts: 107
And1: 55
Joined: Jan 12, 2018

Re: Trade targets 

Post#141 » by bkohler » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Wolverine wrote:I’m really impressed with Thybulle from these exhibitions. Landing him and Simmons would be amazing


We're 100% not getting Simmons but Thybulle would be an awesome addition, he's another player like Gobert with generational defensive talent. I'd love to see our defense with him taking the best perimeter player each game and having Rudy behind him.
User avatar
Wolverine
Rookie
Posts: 1,126
And1: 60
Joined: Jul 27, 2002

Re: Trade targets 

Post#142 » by Wolverine » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:45 am

bkohler wrote:
Wolverine wrote:I’m really impressed with Thybulle from these exhibitions. Landing him and Simmons would be amazing


We're 100% not getting Simmons but Thybulle would be an awesome addition, he's another player like Gobert with generational defensive talent. I'd love to see our defense with him taking the best perimeter player each game and having Rudy behind him.

We have more chance at getting Simmons than Thybulle
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
Posts: 9,456
And1: 609
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: Trade targets 

Post#143 » by red4hf » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:39 am

Wolverine wrote:
bkohler wrote:
Wolverine wrote:I’m really impressed with Thybulle from these exhibitions. Landing him and Simmons would be amazing


We're 100% not getting Simmons but Thybulle would be an awesome addition, he's another player like Gobert with generational defensive talent. I'd love to see our defense with him taking the best perimeter player each game and having Rudy behind him.

We have more chance at getting Simmons than Thybulle


We would be outbid by at least 25 other teams for Simmons...... We have no assets to get him.......
User avatar
Wolverine
Rookie
Posts: 1,126
And1: 60
Joined: Jul 27, 2002

Re: Trade targets 

Post#144 » by Wolverine » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:12 pm

red4hf wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
bkohler wrote:
We're 100% not getting Simmons but Thybulle would be an awesome addition, he's another player like Gobert with generational defensive talent. I'd love to see our defense with him taking the best perimeter player each game and having Rudy behind him.

We have more chance at getting Simmons than Thybulle


We would be outbid by at least 25 other teams for Simmons...... We have no assets to get him.......

Sign and trade Conley + fillers they need a PG, we have an allstar one
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
Posts: 9,456
And1: 609
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: Trade targets 

Post#145 » by red4hf » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:43 pm

Wolverine wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Wolverine wrote:We have more chance at getting Simmons than Thybulle


We would be outbid by at least 25 other teams for Simmons...... We have no assets to get him.......

Sign and trade Conley + fillers they need a PG, we have an allstar one


I don't know if that's a joke or not......
User avatar
Wolverine
Rookie
Posts: 1,126
And1: 60
Joined: Jul 27, 2002

Re: Trade targets 

Post#146 » by Wolverine » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:39 pm

red4hf wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
red4hf wrote:
We would be outbid by at least 25 other teams for Simmons...... We have no assets to get him.......

Sign and trade Conley + fillers they need a PG, we have an allstar one


I don't know if that's a joke or not......
conley & Clarkson may get it done
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
Posts: 9,456
And1: 609
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: Trade targets 

Post#147 » by red4hf » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Wolverine wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Wolverine wrote:Sign and trade Conley + fillers they need a PG, we have an allstar one


I don't know if that's a joke or not......
conley & Clarkson may get it done


No, that wouldn't even come close......
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,278
And1: 8,522
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Trade targets 

Post#148 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:22 am

Another really convoluted Utah offseason:

Utah trades: Bojan Bogdanovic, 2021 UTA 1st (30)
Utah receives: Derrick White

LAL trades: Kyle Kuzma, Alfonzo McKinnie, 2021 LAL 1st (22)
LAL receives: Bojan Bogdanovic

SAS trades: Derrick White
SAS receives: Kyle Kuzma, Alfonzo McKinnie, 2021 LAL 1st (22), 2021 UTA 1st (30)

***

Utah trades: Udoka Azubuike
Utah receives: 2021 WAS 2nd (43)

Charlotte trades: cash
Charlotte receives: Udoka Azubuike

New Orleans trades: 2021 Washington 2nd (43)
New Orleans receives: cash

***

Utah trades: Derrick Favors, 2021 WAS 2nd (43)
Utah receives: nada

Brooklyn trades: DeAndre Jordan, 2021 BRK 1st (26)
Brooklyn receives: Derrick Favors, 2021 WAS 2nd (43)

Oklahoma City trades: nada
Oklahoma City receives: DeAndre Jordan, 2021 BRK 1st (26)

***

Utah trades: cash
New Orleans trades: 2021 CHI 2nd (40)

***

Salaries: $113.7 + 2nd rounders + cap holds
Salary Cap: $112

Draft:
40. Herbert Jones

MLE: Kelly Olynyk
MIN: Georges Niang, Gorgui Dieng

Into Favors TPE: Reggie Bullock
Jazz trade: cash

Depth Chart (RS):
Derrick White 32/Donovan Mitchell 16
Donovan Mitchell 18/Jordan Clarkson 24/Miye Oni 6
Reggie Bullock 24/Joe Ingles 20/Royce O'neale 4
Kelly Olynyk 26/Royce O'neale 20/Georges Niang 4
Rudy Gobert 34/Gorgui Dieng 14

Depth Chart (Playoffs):
Derrick White 34/Donovan Mitchell 14
Donovan Mitchell 20/Jordan Clarkson 28
Joe Ingles 24/Reggie Bullock 24
Kelly Olynyk 18/Royce O'neale 30
Rudy Gobert 34/Kelly Olynyk 14
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
bkohler
Sophomore
Posts: 107
And1: 55
Joined: Jan 12, 2018

Re: Trade targets 

Post#149 » by bkohler » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:37 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Another really convoluted Utah offseason:

Utah trades: Bojan Bogdanovic, 2021 UTA 1st (30)
Utah receives: Derrick White

LAL trades: Kyle Kuzma, Alfonzo McKinnie, 2021 LAL 1st (22)
LAL receives: Bojan Bogdanovic

SAS trades: DeJounte Murray
SAS receives: Kyle Kuzma, Alfonzo McKinnie, 2021 LAL 1st (22), 2021 UTA 1st (30)

***

Utah trades: Udoka Azubuike
Utah receives: 2021 WAS 2nd (43)

Charlotte trades: cash
Charlotte receives: Udoka Azubuike

New Orleans trades: 2021 Washington 2nd (43)
New Orleans receives: cash

***

Utah trades: Derrick Favors, 2021 WAS 2nd (43)
Utah receives: nada

Brooklyn trades: DeAndre Jordan, 2021 BRK 1st (26)
Brooklyn receives: Derrick Favors, 2021 WAS 2nd (43)

Oklahoma City trades: nada
Oklahoma City receives: DeAndre Jordan, 2021 BRK 1st (26)

***

Utah trades: cash
New Orleans trades: 2021 CHI 2nd (40)

***

Salaries: $113.7 + 2nd rounders + cap holds
Salary Cap: $112

Draft:
40. Herbert Jones

MLE: Kelly Olynyk
MIN: Georges Niang, Gorgui Dieng

Into Favors TPE: Reggie Bullock
Jazz trade: cash

Depth Chart (RS):
Derrick White 32/Donovan Mitchell 16
Donovan Mitchell 18/Jordan Clarkson 24/Miye Oni 6
Reggie Bullock 24/Joe Ingles 20/Royce O'neale 4
Kelly Olynyk 26/Royce O'neale 20/Georges Niang 4
Rudy Gobert 34/Gorgui Dieng 14

Depth Chart (Playoffs):
Derrick White 34/Donovan Mitchell 14
Donovan Mitchell 20/Jordan Clarkson 28
Joe Ingles 24/Reggie Bullock 24
Kelly Olynyk 18/Royce O'neale 30
Rudy Gobert 34/Kelly Olynyk 14


Definitely not my favorite off-season, but it does seem realistic. Seems like a bit of a step back from this years team but still keeps us competitive while getting out of the luxury tax.

Personally I think Gobert/Mitchell/White means you have a first round floor so I’d push a little harder with the mid cycle rebuild and look to move Ingles and Clarkson to find a SF/ PF that matches Mitchell’s timeframe a bit better.
bkohler
Sophomore
Posts: 107
And1: 55
Joined: Jan 12, 2018

Re: Trade targets 

Post#150 » by bkohler » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:40 pm

Also just looking… looks like you have the Jazz getting White but the Spurs trading Murray… which one is it?
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 12,552
And1: 3,202
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Trade targets 

Post#151 » by GobertReport » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:59 pm

The artist formally known as Underkanter.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 14,084
And1: 6,479
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: Trade targets 

Post#152 » by stitches » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:09 pm

GobertReport wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10008083-nba-trade-rumors-jazzs-bojan-bogdanovic-joe-ingles-potentially-on-the-block

Hm... I wonder how much we can get for Bojan and Ingles. For Favors we will need to attach a 1st probably. :(
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 12,552
And1: 3,202
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: Trade targets 

Post#153 » by GobertReport » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:04 pm

stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10008083-nba-trade-rumors-jazzs-bojan-bogdanovic-joe-ingles-potentially-on-the-block

Hm... I wonder how much we can get for Bojan and Ingles. For Favors we will need to attach a 1st probably. :(


I think the right team will find value in Favs.
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
sip
Pro Prospect
Posts: 791
And1: 765
Joined: Apr 14, 2009

Re: Trade targets 

Post#154 » by sip » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:36 pm

Wolverine wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Wolverine wrote:Sign and trade Conley + fillers they need a PG, we have an allstar one


I don't know if that's a joke or not......
conley & Clarkson may get it done
No it won't. Not even remotely close to getting it done.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,278
And1: 8,522
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Trade targets 

Post#155 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:57 am

bkohler wrote:Also just looking… looks like you have the Jazz getting White but the Spurs trading Murray… which one is it?


White : ) I was playing with the idea of Murray but where we kept the 30th pick, did not correct it all the way through. Ultimately I think White is a big enough upgrade over Murray to be worth it. I think White can be a 20/4/5 type of player, so while it's a step back, it's also a step back that makes our salary structure for our top three players sustainable and opens up some flexibility to be right back where we were with Conley after another season/another MLE signing.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
bkohler
Sophomore
Posts: 107
And1: 55
Joined: Jan 12, 2018

Re: Trade targets 

Post#156 » by bkohler » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:27 am

babyjax13 wrote:
bkohler wrote:Also just looking… looks like you have the Jazz getting White but the Spurs trading Murray… which one is it?


White : ) I was playing with the idea of Murray but where we kept the 30th pick, did not correct it all the way through. Ultimately I think White is a big enough upgrade over Murray to be worth it. I think White can be a 20/4/5 type of player, so while it's a step back, it's also a step back that makes our salary structure for our top three players sustainable and opens up some flexibility to be right back where we were with Conley after another season/another MLE signing.


I love the idea of consolidating the value in some of our older pieces, taking a small step back this next year to refuel for one more run with the Mitchell / Gobert core.

White is a good example of someone we should target. Fits the time line, takes us out of the luxury tax and let’s you reset.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,278
And1: 8,522
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Trade targets 

Post#157 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:37 am

bkohler wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
bkohler wrote:Also just looking… looks like you have the Jazz getting White but the Spurs trading Murray… which one is it?


White : ) I was playing with the idea of Murray but where we kept the 30th pick, did not correct it all the way through. Ultimately I think White is a big enough upgrade over Murray to be worth it. I think White can be a 20/4/5 type of player, so while it's a step back, it's also a step back that makes our salary structure for our top three players sustainable and opens up some flexibility to be right back where we were with Conley after another season/another MLE signing.


I love the idea of consolidating the value in some of our older pieces, taking a small step back this next year to refuel for one more run with the Mitchell / Gobert core.

White is a good example of someone we should target. Fits the time line, takes us out of the luxury tax and let’s you reset.


Honestly, even if Conley resigned I think you can run a three guard lineup in today's NBA and blow the doors off of teams. And with the trades, if you resigned Conley at $20 million you are at $133 million for:

Gobert/???
???/O'neale
White/Ingles
Mitchell/Clarkson
Conley/Mitchell

Which, if we resign Conley, is where we are going to be with our salaries, anyway. Really, though, I don't think he's coming back, and I think it could be better for our long-term outlook to do something like this. I loved him being here, still one of my favorite players, but I think this is the reality of things.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Gert42
Junior
Posts: 343
And1: 104
Joined: Jun 05, 2016
       

Re: Trade targets 

Post#158 » by Gert42 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:04 am

GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10008083-nba-trade-rumors-jazzs-bojan-bogdanovic-joe-ingles-potentially-on-the-block

Hm... I wonder how much we can get for Bojan and Ingles. For Favors we will need to attach a 1st probably. :(


I think the right team will find value in Favs.


I just don't see it. A team may value what Favors has to offer, but not enough to trade something of real value to bring him in. Guys like Favors get signed to 1 year deals between every 4-6 million every off-season. Some team would have to be really enamored with him.

I really have a hard time trying to figure out what kind of value Bogey & or Ingles has in the trade market. They certainly would have interest, but who could we get back that would actually make the Jazz better based on they lose from trading them?
SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,668
And1: 755
Joined: Jul 29, 2009

Re: Trade targets 

Post#159 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:16 am

Gert42 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:Hm... I wonder how much we can get for Bojan and Ingles. For Favors we will need to attach a 1st probably. :(


I think the right team will find value in Favs.


I just don't see it. A team may value what Favors has to offer, but not enough to trade something of real value to bring him in. Guys like Favors get signed to 1 year deals between every 4-6 million every off-season. Some team would have to be really enamored with him.

I really have a hard time trying to figure out what kind of value Bogey & or Ingles has in the trade market. They certainly would have interest, but who could we get back that would actually make the Jazz better based on they lose from trading them?

I've thrown it out there before, and am warming up to the idea even more myself since then- Bogey and #30 for Kuzma, McKennie and #22.
Kuzma was on the rise before AD came along, and he has better defense and athletism and size than Bogey. You'll probably lose some shooting, but hopefully the defense will offset and perhaps Kuzma could surprise on offense too. Bogey is also getting old.

With McKinnie, you either build depth or have the flexibility of unloading Oni or Thomas. Since all of them are NG, you could theoretically dump them all and I believe be under the luxury tax (until Conley is resigned) and have some flexiblity to sign other free agents in the BAE to MLE level.

#30 is going to be a decent pick this year, #22 gets you into a typical late lottery selection most years, IMO.

Lakers get the outside shooting they need and someone on the timeline of their win now mode.

Not sure that Ingles gets you more than he costs the Jazz. I would keep him, nice to have his skills.
Gert42
Junior
Posts: 343
And1: 104
Joined: Jun 05, 2016
       

Re: Trade targets 

Post#160 » by Gert42 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:25 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
Gert42 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
I think the right team will find value in Favs.


I just don't see it. A team may value what Favors has to offer, but not enough to trade something of real value to bring him in. Guys like Favors get signed to 1 year deals between every 4-6 million every off-season. Some team would have to be really enamored with him.

I really have a hard time trying to figure out what kind of value Bogey & or Ingles has in the trade market. They certainly would have interest, but who could we get back that would actually make the Jazz better based on they lose from trading them?

I've thrown it out there before, and am warming up to the idea even more myself since then- Bogey and #30 for Kuzma, McKennie and #22.
Kuzma was on the rise before AD came along, and he has better defense and athletism and size than Bogey. You'll probably lose some shooting, but hopefully the defense will offset and perhaps Kuzma could surprise on offense too. Bogey is also getting old.

With McKinnie, you either build depth or have the flexibility of unloading Oni or Thomas. Since all of them are NG, you could theoretically dump them all and I believe be under the luxury tax (until Conley is resigned) and have some flexiblity to sign other free agents in the BAE to MLE level.

#30 is going to be a decent pick this year, #22 gets you into a typical late lottery selection most years, IMO.

Lakers get the outside shooting they need and someone on the timeline of their win now mode.

Not sure that Ingles gets you more than he costs the Jazz. I would keep him, nice to have his skills.



I don't hate it, I have a really hard time truly figuring out Kuzma's value. No offense to Lakers fans, but he was the second coming when he wasn't in the AD trade (which is mostly because he made much less than Ingram & Lonzo) and now that he's a 13M player, it seems like all Lakers fans want to move him because of matching salary reasons.

Return to Utah Jazz