Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

GobertReport
RealGM
And1: 3,202

Re: Paschall to Utah per Woj 

Post#21 » by GobertReport » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:19 pm

sip wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
sip wrote:Definitely not. He is not a good defender at this point in his career.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

Have a little faith.
He has defensive potential but to this point he hasn't been good in that department. If he does turn into a stud defensively then you pair him with Royce rather than viewing Royce as expendable.

True, we can only hope he can become Dray with better shooting.
The artist formally known as Underkanter.
zero24gravity
Bench Warmer
And1: 614

Post#22 » by zero24gravity » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:40 pm

GobertReport wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Bogey's scoring is important, I think this ultimately opened up options for Ingles or O"Neale in trades because we have Spida's best friend on the team now.

To me, Bogey's scoring (and being able to do nothing else) is less impactful than the O'Neale's willingness & ability to guard 4 positions. Poor guy was on the other teams best player every damn night. 3&D is what we need, but get rid of our only true 3&D guy, who's on an amazing contract? Nah.

Ingles has way more intangibles that Bogey. And yes, age is catching up, but he's got a better cap #, plus would bring back less in a trade, IMO. He's the #2/3 PG, #2/3 SG, #2/3 SF, shoots RIDICULOUSLY efficiently from everywhere on the court, is great in the P&R, and is a locker room glue guy. Takes a lot to replace all that. Most underrated player on the team. Losing him would be a bigger deal than most people realize, if you ask me.

That’s actually spot on. I guess if Joe stays next year for cheap aka 5 mill or less than it’s worth keeping him over Bogey. Who can we upgrade or equal out for Bogey is the hard part?

Right. Who?

Teams aren't exactly dying to get rid of versatile wings who can shoot & play D. Bogey can be a 20ppg scorer for a number of teams, but he's no longer young enough for a rebuilding team looking for points, and why would a contender want to part with an aforementioned wing, unless they are stacked with them and really need scoring. I mentioned OG Anunoby as a great fit earlier, but Bogey doesn't really fit into that Raptor team, IMO. But a guy like that would be perfect.

Dillon Brooks? Memphis could use a second scorer, but not sure Bogey fits into their timeline, plus salaries would not quite work. Wiggins makes way too much $$$. Bridges doesn't work with salary, and I don't think the Suns make that kind of move unless they really think they need a 3rd scorer to make another Finals run. I like Covington, but he's more of a 4/3 than a 2/3, who will chase around SG's. DeVonte Graham is too small. Thybulle looks like the real deal, but contracts are miles apart. Philly does need shooting, but if they are really going to move Simmons, then I imagine Thybulle is not going anywhere, since he's their stopper w/o No-Buckets-Ben.

Who, indeed.
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 96

Post#23 » by Rudruff » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:45 pm

Sorry to see him go. He has an iso- bully ball game that will get you out of your seat.
GobertReport
RealGM

Post#24 » by GobertReport » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:46 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
To me, Bogey's scoring (and being able to do nothing else) is less impactful than the O'Neale's willingness & ability to guard 4 positions. Poor guy was on the other teams best player every damn night. 3&D is what we need, but get rid of our only true 3&D guy, who's on an amazing contract? Nah.

Ingles has way more intangibles that Bogey. And yes, age is catching up, but he's got a better cap #, plus would bring back less in a trade, IMO. He's the #2/3 PG, #2/3 SG, #2/3 SF, shoots RIDICULOUSLY efficiently from everywhere on the court, is great in the P&R, and is a locker room glue guy. Takes a lot to replace all that. Most underrated player on the team. Losing him would be a bigger deal than most people realize, if you ask me.

That’s actually spot on. I guess if Joe stays next year for cheap aka 5 mill or less than it’s worth keeping him over Bogey. Who can we upgrade or equal out for Bogey is the hard part?

Right. Who?

Teams aren't exactly dying to get rid of versatile wings who can shoot & play D. Bogey can be a 20ppg scorer for a number of teams, but he's no longer young enough for a rebuilding team looking for points, and why would a contender want to part with an aforementioned wing, unless they are stacked with them and really need scoring. I mentioned OG Anunoby as a great fit earlier, but Bogey doesn't really fit into that Raptor team, IMO. But a guy like that would be perfect.

Dillon Brooks? Memphis could use a second scorer, but not sure Bogey fits into their timeline, plus salaries would not quite work. Wiggins makes way too much $$$. Bridges doesn't work with salary, and I don't think the Suns make that kind of move unless they really think they need a 3rd scorer to make another Finals run. I like Covington, but he's more of a 4/3 than a 2/3, who will chase around SG's. DeVonte Graham is too small. Thybulle looks like the real deal, but contracts are miles apart. Philly does need shooting, but if they are really going to move Simmons, then I imagine Thybulle is not going anywhere, since he's their stopper w/o No-Buckets-Ben.

Who, indeed.

I really like Dillon Brooks.
GobertReport
RealGM

Post#25 » by GobertReport » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:48 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Right. Who?

Who, indeed.

Would Memphis do Brooks and Jones for Bogey and Oni?
sip
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#26 » by sip » Thu Aug 5, 2021 12:21 am

GobertReport wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Right. Who?

Who, indeed.

Would Memphis do Brooks and Jones for Bogey and Oni?
No.

Rauxcee
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#27 » by Rauxcee » Thu Aug 5, 2021 2:36 am

Still trading away more second round picks...
kamazilla
Senior
And1: 42

Post#28 » by kamazilla » Thu Aug 5, 2021 3:21 am

Haha, nice to be receiving value back for a change. This move makes the draft day trade shape up to look even better.
SF_Warriors
Head Coach
And1: 3,525

Post#29 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Aug 5, 2021 8:03 am

GobertReport wrote:Didn't realize Paschall was 6'6" with a 7ft wing span..... He may have made O'Neale expendable...

Im sorry but this is a terrible take..o neale can guard multiple positions and hit the three at a solid rate. Paschall cannot guard a single position, not even average defense and is a below average shooter from three. Basically hes a smallball bigman version of derozan but with less skills. As for the draymond comparisons, its like saying derozan has the same measurables as mj and therefore can play the same defense. Thats not how it works, basketball impact goes way deeper than measurables and athleticism.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,562

Post#30 » by tugs » Thu Aug 5, 2021 8:38 am

I'd keep him glued to 4/5 and battle Gay for PT. O'Neale is the one true 3&D and I'm optimistic Oni can step his game up this coming season
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 5,920

Post#31 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Aug 5, 2021 9:50 am

Hard to complain about this move for the cost of a 2nd round pick. Montoya Approves.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
TNJazz
Senior
And1: 222

Post#32 » by TNJazz » Thu Aug 5, 2021 2:11 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Montoya Approves.

:-o :eek2: :rock:
SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
And1: 755

Post#33 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Aug 5, 2021 4:35 pm

Rauxcee wrote:Still trading away more second round picks...

:lol:
SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
And1: 755

Post#34 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Aug 5, 2021 4:37 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Hard to complain about this move for the cost of a 2nd round pick. Montoya Approves.

2nd in the 50s, if ever conveyed at all. For the first offseason in a while I feel like the Jazz weren't taken to the cleaners.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 8,522

Post#35 » by babyjax13 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 3:11 am

I love this. I knew we'd get him eventually, he is Donovan's best friend, but this is a BARGAIN.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 7,657

Post#36 » by Catchall » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:05 am

He's actually the only forward we have that I'd trust to put the ball down and go get a bucket. If he's on a spaced floor with Conley, Mitchell and Bogdanovic, he might be able to do some damage, especially if he gets a mismatch on a switch. He can also pass a little bit.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
El Hespiritu
Pro Prospect
And1: 994

Post#37 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:31 pm

I like this pocket-Center you got.

Yeah, I know everybody's trying to play him Forward.
But don't let his stature fools you: he's not a Forward... he's even less of a Forward that Dfaves is.

He's an undersized Center and I'd rather focus to develope his Defense at the paint (where he shows good instincs but bad fundamentals) than sweating on his long range %s.

I'm even fantasizing with a Twin Towers system with Stumps.
Well... a Sibling Tower and Dollhouse, at least.

-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 7,657

Post#38 » by Catchall » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:19 am

El Hespiritu wrote:I like this pocket-Center you got.

Yeah, I know everybody's trying to play him Forward.
But don't let his stature fools you: he's not a Forward... he's even less of a Forward that Dfaves is.

He's an undersized Center and I'd rather focus to develope his Defense at the paint (where he shows good instincs but bad fundamentals) than sweating on his long range %s.

I'm even fantasizing with a Twin Towers system with Stumps.
Well... a Sibling Tower and Dollhouse, at least.

DFavs hasn't been considered a forward for 5 years. Paschall can play at the 4. He has enough offensive skill on the perimeter the play there, and he can have a defensive center behind him when people get by him on defense.

Paschall plays like a Paul Millsap, or my old-school comp for him would be Rodney Rogers.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
El Hespiritu
Pro Prospect
And1: 994

Post#39 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:43 am

Dfaves still asked at press conference to play Forward in NO. I'm afraid your particular clock-consideration isn't universal.

Paschall can play 4, 3, 2, 1 and even 0, 'course.
And still he's a Center.

I'll just pretend I didn't read anybody seriously identifying Paschall game with Millsap game.

Just out of politeness.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
TB
Head Coach
And1: 406

Post#40 » by TB » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:13 pm

Paschall plays like a poor mans Maggette. Which is useful off the bench and for his price. If you have a role for a bench 4/5 scorer, he's your guy.

The issue with Paschall is everyone assumed he was this 4 year senior, jack of all trades, draymond clone... not at all. He can't defend very well, can't shoot very well (at least consistently), and doesn't rebound. But if you get him on a mismatch, he will bully ball his way to buckets and get them in bunches. Even passes pretty decently (more-so than Maggette did). Also seems to be a good lockerroom guy that everyone likes.

I'm a fan of his and will miss him on Dubs. We just don't have a role for him this year with so many players that can play the 4/5.

Return to Utah Jazz