Game 2: Utah Jazz (1-0) @ Sacramento Kings (1-0)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,060

Game 2: Utah Jazz (1-0) @ Sacramento Kings (1-0) 

Post#1 » by FJS » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:09 pm

Utah Jazz to play the Sacramento Kings on the road

Barnes had one of his best game for a while.

I think Jazz will be ready.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,384

Re: Game 2: Utah Jazz (1-0) @ Sacramento Kings (1-0) 

Post#2 » by MTJazzv3 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:00 pm

Its a long season but I'm hoping the Jazz run the table early hopefully allowing Q to experiment with different rotations throughout the season without sweating overall record. Instead of keeping the starters in with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter and a 20 point lead, lets see that small ball lineup get some run!
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#3 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:25 pm

I would like to see Jared Butler get a chance to compete against his former teammate Davion Mitchell, and hope I don't regret saying that. Davion saw 24 minutes of action off the bench in game one, and like Butler, struggled to hit shots in his first NBA game. Go Jazz!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#4 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Yes, I'd like to see more of Butler too. Don't know how realistic it is to rely on a rookie but we know Conley has injury issues, so it would help if Butler managed to acclimate to the league during the regular season so that he could perhaps contribute in the playoffs if Conley goes down again.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#5 » by DCasey91 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:53 pm

Personally for you guys out of all teams you should be dealing with Morey and working to get a deal done no matter how much it takes.

Disregard 3ball shooting I have no time for that.

A team is about style/philosophy on maxing your best player.

Gobert/Ben/Mitchell trio is a very very scary team with huge potential.

That’s like a better shooting A.I getting Mutumbo and a suped up Green. Now you aren’t paper tigers anymore because it’s always been easy pickings on the wing which lessens Goberts defensive impact that people turn a blind eye too.

Serious team then. Gobert can then camp inside for 40mins in the playoffs and Ben can patrol anywhere on the outside. West is more open this year

Double down on defense with two great defenders that occupy the whole halfcourt is extremely hard to punch through. You guys have enough scoring to be a real real threat imho.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Post#6 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:30 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Personally for you guys out of all teams you should be dealing with Morey and working to get a deal done no matter how much it takes.

That’s like a better shooting A.I getting Mutumbo and a suped up Green. Now you aren’t paper tigers anymore because it’s always been easy pickings on the wing which lessens Goberts defensive impact that people turn a blind eye too.

Serious team then. Gobert can then camp inside for 40mins in the playoffs and Ben can patrol anywhere on the outside. West is more open this year

Double down on defense with two great defenders that occupy the whole halfcourt is extremely hard to punch through. You guys have enough scoring to be a real real threat imho.

You might be right, but I can see the Jazz having serious concerns about having two players on the court at the same time who are offensively challenged. The even greater concerns relate to Simmons' attitude and work ethic. Even great teams can be brought down by chemistry and character issues.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#7 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:16 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Personally for you guys out of all teams you should be dealing with Morey and working to get a deal done no matter how much it takes.

If we're keeping Gobert and Mitchell, who are we going to trade for Simmons? I doubt Conley + one of Ingles/Clarkson/O'neal will be enticing enough for the Sixers (plus, if we give up Clarkson, we won't be able to score). We don't have good draft picks either.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#8 » by ducler » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#9 » by Catchall » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:50 pm

Jazz *should* win by double digits--more offense, better defense, better coaching, better depth.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#10 » by Catchall » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:58 pm

The way the Jazz work, they need guys who are willing to take and make shots. Ben's game is on the ball, playing downhill and putting pressure on the rim. He's like a bigger Jason Kidd. There's value in that, but he has to be willing to shoot and get to the line.

I think the Jazz would love to add a dynamic wing between Mitchell and Gobert. I just don't think that Simmons is going to be it.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 977

Post#11 » by red4hf » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:48 am

Kings playing much harder than the Jazz.......
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#12 » by Rauxcee » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:25 am

Interested to see how the Jazz come out in the second half after a terrible 1st half performance.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Rauxcee » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:45 am

Mitchell really does start every season kinda poorly.

The hustle and energy between the teams is night and day.
red4hf

Post#14 » by red4hf » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:16 am

The officials in this game are insane.......
red4hf

Post#15 » by red4hf » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:25 am

Mitchell and his stupid pump fakes.......
red4hf

Post#16 » by red4hf » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:27 am

And yet we still win.....
Catchall
RealGM

Post#17 » by Catchall » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:37 am

The Jazz toughed it out in the end. Gobert was fresh coming in mid-4th quarter and made a real difference. Whiteside taking some extra minutes is helping Rudy.

I feel like the Jazz need one more guy to really make this work. They need to upgrade either Royce or Bojan, imo. I'm really interested to see what Rudy Gay looks like as a 2-way player.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Rauxcee » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:45 am

Weird game.

The officiating was pretty awful for both teams, though the Kings got the benefit of the home whistle. The flagrant 2 on Joe was excessive IMO.

Bojan was invisible after his great opening night. Clarkson was ice cold the second half. Mitchell was streaky on both ends of the floor. Conley did nothing it felt like, Gobert had a number of dumb plays... Kinda surprised they won.

The only really worrisome thought I have is the Jazz once again wilted against physical play.

Davion Mitchell was fun to watch though. He was excellent. Also, the Lakers are fools for picking Westbrook over Hield.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,201

Post#19 » by babyjax13 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:14 am

Yah the flagrant was...something. Completely agree that it was a dangerous play, but it certainly wasn't intentional.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#20 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:42 am

Quin was very complementary to Whiteside and Forrest, especially Whiteside, after the game. He said their minutes were huge. So I imagine Forrest, with his better defense, is still alive and well in a competition with Butler for scarce minutes. Perhaps which player gets some minutes will be game to game situational? Go Jazz!

Return to Utah Jazz