NBA Draft - 2022 Draft Prospects

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 14,181
And1: 6,082
Joined: May 31, 2012

NBA Draft - 2022 Draft Prospects 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:21 pm

Another season, another draft class. Here is the place to discuss any and all draft prospects.

Not sure about how strong and deep this draft class is going to be.

So far, the Jazz will probably have no picks unless they trade into the draft.

Current Jazz draft situation for 2022:

First round
2022 - 1-6 Own; 7-30 to MEM

Second round:
2022 - To NOP; MEM
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Catchall
RealGM
Posts: 16,454
And1: 8,234
Joined: Jul 06, 2008
     

Re: NBA Draft - 2022 Draft Prospects 

Post#2 » by Catchall » Wed Dec 1, 2021 7:02 pm

Not sure how much enthusiasm I have for the upcoming draft this year. Last year, there were a couple guys I liked for the Jazz in the late 1st round that withdrew from the draft, including Benedict Mathurin and Roko Prkacin. It looks as though the Jazz won't even have their pick this year, so...
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 14,181
And1: 6,082
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: NBA Draft - 2022 Draft Prospects 

Post#3 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Dec 1, 2021 7:09 pm

Catchall wrote:Not sure how much enthusiasm I have for the upcoming draft this year. Last year, there were a couple guys I liked for the Jazz in the late 1st round that withdrew from the draft, including Benedict Mathurin and Roko Prkacin. It looks as though the Jazz won't even have their pick this year, so...

On the other hand, the Jazz managed to pick Butler who might turn into something, and all the players you were excited about last season how withdrew from the draft will probably be in this year's draft, so there's that. I definitely share the lack of excitement due to the Jazz's good record and lack of draft picks but who knows, a trade is always a possibility.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Catchall
RealGM
Posts: 16,454
And1: 8,234
Joined: Jul 06, 2008
     

Re: NBA Draft - 2022 Draft Prospects 

Post#4 » by Catchall » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:29 am

The Clippers bought the 51st pick from Memphis and drafted this kid. He just turned 20 and he's doing this stuff against Marcus Smart and Josh Richardson. I like the Jared Butler pick, but remember we spent 6 years and $45M trying to develop Exum. There was no downside to making a move for this guy.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM
Posts: 16,454
And1: 8,234
Joined: Jul 06, 2008
     

Re: NBA Draft - 2022 Draft Prospects 

Post#5 » by Catchall » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:34 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Catchall wrote:Not sure how much enthusiasm I have for the upcoming draft this year. Last year, there were a couple guys I liked for the Jazz in the late 1st round that withdrew from the draft, including Benedict Mathurin and Roko Prkacin. It looks as though the Jazz won't even have their pick this year, so...

On the other hand, the Jazz managed to pick Butler who might turn into something, and all the players you were excited about last season how withdrew from the draft will probably be in this year's draft, so there's that. I definitely share the lack of excitement due to the Jazz's good record and lack of draft picks but who knows, a trade is always a possibility.


Yeah, this is Benedict Mathurin. He would've been late first-round last year, but he's going lottery this year.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 23,572
And1: 9,288
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: NBA Draft - 2022 Draft Prospects 

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:20 am

My pick for us this year is Allen Flannigan. Most mocks have him as a mid to late second round pick, I think he is a lottery level talent. Reminds me of Lance Stephenson and Jimmy Butler, very tough, distributes the ball a bit. Just returned and has only played three games thus far, and I expect him to be slow out of the gate.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 23,572
And1: 9,288
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: NBA Draft - 2022 Draft Prospects 

Post#7 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:30 am


Alondes Williams looks super interesting.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz