Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Re: Trade Ideas for This Season 

Post#81 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:08 am

babyjax13 wrote:
sip wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Celtics fans liked Ingles for Richardson straight up on the trade board, so I think that one is in play. I think we could also send them 2 2nds to take Schroder into our TPE just so that they can parlay that into a longer-term player because he comes with no bird rights. We then also have our 2026/2027 1st (depending on when the pick conveys to OKC) to try another player, likely with Clarkson going out (and we'd likely need to include value to move Clarkson with his current level of play). I could see the following happening:

Trade 1: Jordan Clarkson, Udoka Azubuike, 2026 UTA 1st (1-14 protected [if Utah has conveyed its pick to OKC in 2024], 1-14 protected [if Utah has conveyed its pick to OKC by 2025], 1-14 protected [if Utah has conveyed its pick to OKC by 2026], 1-14 protected)
for
Robert Covington

Trade 2: Joe Ingles for Josh Richardson

Trade 3: 2022 MEM 2nd, 2025 UTA 2nd for Dennis Schroder (using TPE)

I could see all of this combined with Boston sending out a first to get Anfernee Simons from Portland...but the result would be:

Gobert 34/Whiteside 14/Covington
Bogdanovic 28/Gay 14/Paschall 6
O'neale 24/Covington 24/House
Mitchell 32/Richardson 16/Hughes
Conley 28/Schroder 20/Forrest

I think that gives us a lot of perimeter defense without killing our offense. Ball movement in the second unit still looks like a problem, though.
You really need to stop having us send out 1st rd picks in your trades. Just give it a rest.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

They are the only assets we have to improve the team.

Yep.
Ingles is cooked.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#82 » by Rauxcee » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:16 am

So we can't send out IOU's as an asset?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#83 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:39 am

Rauxcee wrote:So we can't send out IOU's as an asset?

They are just as good as money, see this one right here, 250 thou, wouldn’t lose that one.
Ingles is cooked.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#84 » by dr0welf » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:45 pm

GobertReport wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:Aside from the unlikelihood of the trade, and what a team chemistry risk Simmons is, I have a hard time understanding how Simmons and Thybule would fit in with Conley, DM and Gobert. Do we relegate Royce to the bench? What is Simmons or Conleys role if the other is handling the ball? How would we overcome teams packing the paint on defense and ignoring Gobert and Simmons when they are not near the basket? It seems we would only have at most 2 outside shooters (perhaps just 2 shooters period) on the floor at any given time, which isn't conducive to modern basketball.

I think you bring Thybule off the bench. So your starting 5 Gobert, Oneal, Simmons, DM, Conley... You would still have 3 shooters on the court. Have Simmons take on the pick and roll with Gobert so he can kick to the other 3. Defensively Simmons can guard almost anyone so you can put him on the PF if Oneal is too undersized.

If we are bringing Simmons in then Conley would be sent somewhere else IMO.

Why do you say that, Simmons in a big who has PG skills. I think their is a huge benefit to have both on the court
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#85 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:20 pm

dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
I think you bring Thybule off the bench. So your starting 5 Gobert, Oneal, Simmons, DM, Conley... You would still have 3 shooters on the court. Have Simmons take on the pick and roll with Gobert so he can kick to the other 3. Defensively Simmons can guard almost anyone so you can put him on the PF if Oneal is too undersized.

If we are bringing Simmons in then Conley would be sent somewhere else IMO.

Why do you say that, Simmons in a big who has PG skills. I think their is a huge benefit to have both on the court

He is our best asset to either Philly or a 3rd team that will send assets to Philly. I’d much rather see if it can be done with Conley, Ingles, O’Neale/Butler, and if necessary, picks.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#86 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:26 am

I suspect we are waiting for Smart to become trade eligible.
Ingles is cooked.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#87 » by sip » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:21 am

babyjax13 wrote:
sip wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Celtics fans liked Ingles for Richardson straight up on the trade board, so I think that one is in play. I think we could also send them 2 2nds to take Schroder into our TPE just so that they can parlay that into a longer-term player because he comes with no bird rights. We then also have our 2026/2027 1st (depending on when the pick conveys to OKC) to try another player, likely with Clarkson going out (and we'd likely need to include value to move Clarkson with his current level of play). I could see the following happening:

Trade 1: Jordan Clarkson, Udoka Azubuike, 2026 UTA 1st (1-14 protected [if Utah has conveyed its pick to OKC in 2024], 1-14 protected [if Utah has conveyed its pick to OKC by 2025], 1-14 protected [if Utah has conveyed its pick to OKC by 2026], 1-14 protected)
for
Robert Covington

Trade 2: Joe Ingles for Josh Richardson

Trade 3: 2022 MEM 2nd, 2025 UTA 2nd for Dennis Schroder (using TPE)

I could see all of this combined with Boston sending out a first to get Anfernee Simons from Portland...but the result would be:

Gobert 34/Whiteside 14/Covington
Bogdanovic 28/Gay 14/Paschall 6
O'neale 24/Covington 24/House
Mitchell 32/Richardson 16/Hughes
Conley 28/Schroder 20/Forrest

I think that gives us a lot of perimeter defense without killing our offense. Ball movement in the second unit still looks like a problem, though.
You really need to stop having us send out 1st rd picks in your trades. Just give it a rest.

There are other ways to go about it. How would you feel about Conley for Smart, Aaron Nesmith and Payton Pritchard? We add a nasty perimeter defender in Smart and a kid in Pritchard that is unproven but I really like his game at both ends of the court. Nesmith hasn't shown much of anything but he is still young and I liked him coming out of college. He is still definitely worth a look in my opinion.

sip
Rookie

Post#88 » by sip » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:22 am

GobertReport wrote:I suspect we are waiting for Smart to become trade eligible.
A deal with the Celtics makes so much sense.

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,263

Post#89 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:27 am

sip wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
sip wrote:You really need to stop having us send out 1st rd picks in your trades. Just give it a rest.

There are other ways to go about it. How would you feel about Conley for Smart, Aaron Nesmith and Payton Pritchard? We add a nasty perimeter defender in Smart and a kid in Pritchard that is unproven but I really like his game at both ends of the court. Nesmith hasn't shown much of anything but he is still young and I liked him coming out of college. He is still definitely worth a look in my opinion.

I think we'd be trading a top 6 or 7 point guard for a role player.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#90 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:50 am

sip wrote:

Yep, I think that’s why we haven’t seen a trade, Smart is an Ainge guy. Ingles and a 1st for Smart.
Ingles is cooked.
sip
Rookie

Post#91 » by sip » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:26 pm

GobertReport wrote:
sip wrote:

Yep, I think that’s why we haven’t seen a trade, Smart is an Ainge guy. Ingles and a 1st for Smart.
No! We aren't trading 1sts. It needs to be in a Conley trade.

sip
Rookie

Post#92 » by sip » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:35 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
sip wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Conley is not even close to a top 7 pg. He is a role player at this point of his career for us and his lack of size and defense is a killer. We need a stud perimeter defender in the backcourt more than we need the mini me backcourt of he and Mitchell.

These are the pg's that are clearly in front of him.

Trae
CP
Curry
Lillard
Maxey
Lowry
Van Fleet
Garland
Morant
Irving
Dejounte Murray
Fox
SGA
Lamelo Ball
Lonzo Ball
Harden

babyjax13
RealGM

Post#93 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:37 pm

sip wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
sip wrote:There are other ways to go about it. How would you feel about Conley for Smart, Aaron Nesmith and Payton Pritchard? We add a nasty perimeter defender in Smart and a kid in Pritchard that is unproven but I really like his game at both ends of the court. Nesmith hasn't shown much of anything but he is still young and I liked him coming out of college. He is still definitely worth a look in my opinion.

Conley is not even close to a top 7 pg. He is a role player at this point of his career for us and his lack of size and defense is a killer. We need a stud perimeter defender in the backcourt more than we need the mini me backcourt of he and Mitchell.

These are the pg's that are clearly in front of him.

Trae
CP
Curry
Lillard
Maxey
Lowry
Van Fleet
Garland
Morant
Irving
Dejounte Murray
Fox
SGA
Lamelo Ball
Lonzo Ball
Harden

Conley is better than Maxey, Vanvleet, Fox, and Lonzo. I wouldn't count Harden or SHA as point guards, but if you did, sure. By my count that puts Conley at 10, but I'd personally take him over Lowry, so that's 9th best in my books (so not top 6-7). But it's also the most stacked position, and I think that makes him about a top 40 player and Smart is just nowhere near that, and two third string guys aren't making up the difference.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#94 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:53 am

Clarkson + Ingles for Dragic + Svi. Utah gets off of Clarkson's contract and gets a distributor for the second unit. Toronto tries to rehab Clarkson a bit and gets a nice shooter + playmaker for their bench in Ingles.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#95 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:17 pm

Alright, I'm much more ready to trade Conley. If we can orchestrate a three way to turn him into Grant or Harrison Barnes I'd be down. We have a hard ceiling as long as we are starting two guys under 6-2 because that's just too much size to give up and still have an effective perimeter defense.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#96 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:46 am

]
babyjax13 wrote:Alright, I'm much more ready to trade Conley. If we can orchestrate a three way to turn him into Grant or Harrison Barnes I'd be down. We have a hard ceiling as long as we are starting two guys under 6-2 because that's just too much size to give up and still have an effective perimeter defense.

Yep but we would need a playmaking 2 because Mitchell is not that guy.
Ingles is cooked.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Post#97 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 pm

I've read that the Nets are potentially interested in trading a draft darling of mine, Nic Claxton. I still think he would fit perfectly into the Jazz. I wonder what it would require to get him.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:28 pm

Claxton can defend 1-5 and shoot 3s (you have to look at his Gleague and college stats to see that as with the Nets he understandably doesn't take them) and defend the basket.

(Edit) I'll add this article too https://noooracademy.com/film-study-for-nic-claxton-it-was-only-a-matter-of-time/
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#99 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:11 am

This could do wonders for our defense: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya8hbou2

Ingles to Celtics (Ingles fits the bill perfectly of a point forward who can distribute and shoot from 3)
Celtic 2nd, Jazz 2nd and the remainder of the Favors TPE to Nets
Josh Richardson and Nic Claxton to Jazz

Quinn would have to be creative with DM and MC minutes, and/or Jared Butler would have to step up, so bench unit has reliable distributor, but the loss of Ingles is hopefully replaced by Richardson who is a pretty good wing defender and also shoots 3s at a good clip (enabling Royce to beef up bench unit defense) and Claxton who is the type of young, versatile player the Jazz need moving forward.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,242

Post#100 » by Catchall » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:04 am

GobertReport wrote:]
babyjax13 wrote:Alright, I'm much more ready to trade Conley. If we can orchestrate a three way to turn him into Grant or Harrison Barnes I'd be down. We have a hard ceiling as long as we are starting two guys under 6-2 because that's just too much size to give up and still have an effective perimeter defense.

Yep but we would need a playmaking 2 because Mitchell is not that guy.

If the Jazz trade out Conley, they could play Mitchell and Ingles together in the backcourt.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Utah Jazz