Trade Ideas for This Season

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Re: Trade Ideas for This Season 

Post#401 » by Rastas » Sat May 14, 2022 9:21 am

Just testing the waters here.
Would Utah consider Mitchell for Maxey and Harris from Philly.
I doubt they can offer a first unless late this decade , but they have about 4 promising youngsters you might also be able to add 1 or 2 of.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#402 » by AingesBurner » Sat May 14, 2022 3:35 pm

Rastas wrote:Just testing the waters here.
I doubt they can offer a first unless late this decade , but they have about 4 promising youngsters you might also be able to add 1 or 2 of.

It would be Conley, Mitchell, and Gay for Harris, Maxey, Thybuille, Shake, and a couple 1sts.
Ingles is cooked.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#403 » by NYG » Wed May 18, 2022 12:40 am

Mitchell for Richaun Holmes, Mo Harkless, Justin Holiday, Terence Davis, 4th Overall, '24 unprotected Kings 1st and '26 unprotected Kings 1st?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,484

Post#404 » by Skybox » Wed May 18, 2022 2:27 am

ORL sends #1 overall, Markelle Fultz, Terrence Ross
for Mitchell
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#405 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:10 am

Skybox wrote:ORL sends #1 overall, Markelle Fultz, Terrence Ross
for Mitchell

I don't have this as quite enough, I think there needs to be something else we'd value besides #1. We could probably do better trading with a different team in the top 6 considering how flat the top of this draft is (I grade Chet/Paolo/Sharpe/Smith/Ivey/Davis all pretty similarly).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#406 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:11 am

NYG wrote:Mitchell for Richaun Holmes, Mo Harkless, Justin Holiday, Terence Davis, 4th Overall, '24 unprotected Kings 1st and '26 unprotected Kings 1st?

We already Dm'd but I think this is good, maybe a little too good (maybe not). I think the 26 first either needs to be taken out or protected, especially if we can flip Holmes + Holiday for a first from somewhere, which I assume we can pretty easily (e.g. Dallas).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#407 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:11 am

With Ball's difficulty in recovering from knee injury I wonder if it'd be worth it to offer Conley for him. Let Lonzo sit out the year, if we get a lottery pick out of that great, and then he'd be the perfect long-term compliment to Donovan.

JColl
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#408 » by CAE15 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:42 am

babyjax13 wrote:With Ball's difficulty in recovering from knee injury I wonder if it'd be worth it to offer Conley for him. Let Lonzo sit out the year, if we get a lottery pick out of that great, and then he'd be the perfect long-term compliment to Donovan.
Hmmm this is quite an interesting idea. Though I imagine with the guards already on the team for the bulls they'd rather just try and develop them instead of getting a declining Conley. Plus Ball's injury is quite a bit concerning. Take example for Andre Roberson..a problematic knee injury ended his career. Trading for Ball only to have him sit out for a year seems like a poor decision and is wasting another year of either Rudy and or Donovan and the likelihood of Ball opting out and leaving anyway, seems fairly likely. Doesn't seem like the type that wants to make Utah home
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 438

Post#409 » by bkohler » Wed May 18, 2022 2:18 pm

babyjax13 wrote:With Ball's difficulty in recovering from knee injury I wonder if it'd be worth it to offer Conley for him. Let Lonzo sit out the year, if we get a lottery pick out of that great, and then he'd be the perfect long-term compliment to Donovan.

This would be an excellent idea if this is a tank year. Trade Gobert, let Mitchell put up huge numbers with a few development projects and rehab Ball then compete with another high pick plus pretty clear cap sheet in 24.

A healthy Ball is the best Pg I can think of for Donovan.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 158

Post#410 » by Hoops Addict » Thu May 19, 2022 3:30 pm

for Mitchell

Does the #1 pick in the draft come in the range of....... " close to fair trade value ?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,484

Post#411 » by Skybox » Thu May 19, 2022 3:34 pm

Hoops Addict wrote:
for Mitchell

Does the #1 pick in the draft come in the range of....... " close to fair trade value ?

Not understanding your point/question
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 356

Post#412 » by vryadli » Thu May 19, 2022 11:16 pm

It looks that trading for players with good defending habits while coach Q. is at the helm has no sense whatsoever
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#413 » by Crunch 99 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:47 pm

I don't really want to trade Donovan Mitchell, but if we do, I think the Knicks are the ones with most assets and number one picks who may be likely to give up the most to trade for hometown hero Donovan. They haven't had any luck attracting big name free agents when they have accumulated big cap space, so they might overreach to trade for this marquee player who already has substantial ties to NYC and who could become the marketable face of their franchise.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#414 » by Catchall » Tue May 24, 2022 10:43 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:I don't really want to trade Donovan Mitchell, but if we do, I think the Knicks are the ones with most assets and number one picks who may be likely to give up the most to trade for hometown hero Donovan. They haven't had any luck attracting big name free agents when they have accumulated big cap space, so they might overreach to trade for this marquee player who already has substantial ties to NYC and who could become the marketable face of their franchise.

I think the Jazz can sit back and wait on NY, whether that means waiting until the next trade deadline or next offseason.

If someone offered the #3 pick in this draft (Banchero), plus a future lightly-protected pick and a useful player or two, I might be tempted. Trading Mitchell at this stage would need to bring back a real centerpiece, and the Knicks don't have that.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#415 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed May 25, 2022 5:13 pm

GobertReport wrote:

It would be Conley, Mitchell, and Gay for Harris, Maxey, Thybuille, Shake, and a couple 1sts.

Harris/Maxey/Thybulle/Green/#23 for Mitchell/Conley/O'Neale?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#416 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 25, 2022 5:38 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I have Conley equal to Harris value wise so it’s Maxey, Thybulle, Green, and #23 for Mitchell and O’Neale? That’s way too light, you’re short 2-3 1sts.
Ingles is cooked.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager

Post#417 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed May 25, 2022 5:42 pm

GobertReport wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I have Conley equal to Harris value wise so it’s Maxey, Thybulle, Green, and #23 for Mitchell and O’Neale? That’s way too light, you’re short 2-3 1sts.

At this stage of their careers, I think Harris > Conley, based on ability and availability. As for the rest of the package, you could argue Maxey on a rookie contract for 2 more seasons is already almost as valuable as Mitchell alone. I'd be willing to add a swap though. Maxey plus three FRPs for Mitchell is outrageous and unrealistic.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#418 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 25, 2022 6:00 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

At this stage of their careers, I think Harris > Conley, based on ability and availability. As for the rest of the package, you could argue Maxey on a rookie contract for 2 more seasons is already almost as valuable as Mitchell alone. I'd be willing to add a swap though. Maxey plus three FRPs for Mitchell is outrageous and unrealistic.

Harris’ contract evens that out.
Ingles is cooked.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager

Post#419 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed May 25, 2022 6:12 pm

GobertReport wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Seems like Herro/Lowry and three Miami FRPs might be more up your alley.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#420 » by zero24gravity » Wed May 25, 2022 10:56 pm

GobertReport wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Those picks are likely all in the 20's, and carry far less value than a star player like Mitchell. I do like Maxey, although the idea he's nearly as valuable as Donovan due to his contract isn't a reasonable statement to me.

With that said, the Jazz do need Maxwell/Thybulle type players. Problem is, without Mitchell, the team is then hoping that players like Bogdanovic, Harris and Maxey can get the team buckets on a regular bases. Nobody is worried about being beat offensively by those guys night in and night out. To move DM, the team has to get either another offensive star back, or a haul of potential lottery picks, in hopes one pans out and become their next "star". Those picks also can't be down the road, because then the Jazz miss out on Gobert's window.

Not that ESPN trade machine is all-knowing, but at least it's not team-bias (no fan/homer glasses). It shows the Jazz -6, 76ers +7. That's a pretty wide swing for one late 1st round pick to make up for, or even 2 picks.

TBH, I don't see the 76ers having the juice to realistically trade for DM.

Return to Utah Jazz