Game 32: Dallas Mavericks (15-16) @ Utah Jazz (22-9)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Game 32: Dallas Mavericks (15-16) @ Utah Jazz (22-9) 

Post#1 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:51 pm

Lots of Mavericks are out. Trap game!

https://www.rotowire.com/basketball/nba-lineups.php
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Re: Game 32: Dallas Mavericks (15-16) @ Utah Jazz (22-9) 

Post#2 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Damn, most of the Mavs' roster is out, and it's like that for so many teams in the league. It seems that somehow the Jazz are able to have a healthy and coof-free roster, which feels like an abnormality.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#3 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:00 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Damn, most of the Mavs' roster is out, and it's like that for so many teams in the league. It seems that somehow the Jazz are able to have a healthy and coof-free roster, which feels like an abnormality.

Yep, we have an advantage on paper for the Wolves' game and this game. Hopefully we use the advantage to win. Some of the teams that have had players out for covid are already starting to get their players back. It would be a bummer if the Utah Jazz finally ends up with eight or nine guys out for covid after the other teams already have their guys back. Lol. We'd get to see some other guys play though.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:02 am

The box-score for this game is so strange (have not gotten a chance to watch).

Gobert + 3
Whiteside +1
Gay +19

Mitchell -18
Bogdanovic -18
O'neale -21

And Mitchell and Bogey w/great lines. I just don't see how with everyone who plays center being positive to slightly positive in plus-minus how our starting shooting guard and forward could be so far in the negative. Then it gets more strange:

Conley +8
Clarkson +22
Ingles +21

So Mitchell's starting backcourt partner, then his other partners when he plays with the second unit are all massively positive, but he is just terribad. I assume that what must have happened is there was a bench run w/Gobert in that swung the game, and we were treading water w/Whiteside in. Going to watch it tomorrow, but glad we dug out a win.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#5 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:47 pm

babyjax13 wrote:The box-score for this game is so strange (have not gotten a chance to watch).

Spoiler:
Gobert + 3
Whiteside +1
Gay +19

Mitchell -18
Bogdanovic -18
O'neale -21

And Mitchell and Bogey w/great lines. I just don't see how with everyone who plays center being positive to slightly positive in plus-minus how our starting shooting guard and forward could be so far in the negative. Then it gets more strange:

Conley +8
Clarkson +22
Ingles +21

So Mitchell's starting backcourt partner, then his other partners when he plays with the second unit are all massively positive, but he is just terribad. I assume that what must have happened is there was a bench run w/Gobert in that swung the game, and we were treading water w/Whiteside in. Going to watch it tomorrow, but glad we dug out a win.

After doing a snow hike partway up Desolation Canyon with headlamps last night, and then coming back in time to watch the second half, I couldn't stay awake, but I did awaken long enough to hear former Jazz player, ESPN announcer Richard Jefferson point out those wild plus minus numbers. I am not sure what to make of it.

If you are curious what all the lineups on the floor were and who produced what, Popcorn Machine is a good source:
http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20211225&game=DALUTH

There was a pretty big Jazz run in the first few minutes of Q2 with Conley, Gobert, Ingles, Gay and Clarkson on the floor. That lineup outscored the Mavs by ten points in the first 3:31 of Q2 ---- Conley's stint. Conley and Clarkson each hit two threes during the run.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#6 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:31 pm

Jazz down 15 then Mitchell went to locker room jazz went on huge run and tied it up them Mitchell came back in. JC Jingles Conley on floor and then when DM got back in jazz dropped behind ten point again. Was ruff start for Mitchell. Played better second half here and there and finished strong enough for the win.

Return to Utah Jazz