Gobert Enters Covid Protocols

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
Head Coach
Posts: 6,488
And1: 2,805
Joined: Jan 05, 2017
 

Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#1 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 11:47 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265352/Rudy-Gobert-Enters-COVID-19-Protocols

Team will be seriously challenged without Gobert, but we will get to see some more different looks.
zero24gravity
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,404
And1: 632
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
 

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#2 » by zero24gravity » Thu Jan 6, 2022 11:59 pm

Oh, it get's even better.

Ingles & Gobert out for health & safety.
Conley out for right knee.
Bojan out for finger.
Mitchell out for back.

Whiteside out or questionable, depending on which report you look at.

Royce, Clarkson & Gay all questionable.

Looking like an ugly line-up where a guy like Butler is going to get a lot of opportunity. Wonder if House will be available.

https://www.espn.com/nba/injuries
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 23,572
And1: 9,288
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:55 am

If there was a stretch to have this happen it is the next 8 games.

1. Toronto (tough game, probably lose w/so many out)
2. Detroit (gleague team might be able to hang with them)
3. Pacers (struggling team, might be able to beat them w/o Rudy)
4. Cavaliers (tough game, probably lose w/o Rudy)
5. Denver (already beat them w/o Rudy)
6. Lakers (never know what team shows up)
7. Rockets (see Detroit)
8. Pistons (again)

Right now only the Cavs are a definite playoff team in that group.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 14,181
And1: 6,082
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#4 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Jan 7, 2022 8:42 am

Sucks that it happens but the entire league is going though this or had already gone through it. It was very surprising that the Jazz managed to avoid this for so long. Gotta suck it up and play on. Next man up.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
zero24gravity
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,404
And1: 632
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
 

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#5 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:21 pm

Jazz sign Norvel Pelle to a 10 day. Hasn't even had a shoot-around with the team, and may end up playing real minutes tonight, especially if guys like Gay, O'Neale &/or Clarkson can't go.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2022/01/07/utah-jazz-sign-norvel/
SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,699
And1: 768
Joined: Jul 29, 2009

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#6 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Jan 7, 2022 10:14 pm

The next few games could be unwatchable. But, the game must go on to keep the money flowing.
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 14,181
And1: 6,082
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#7 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Jan 8, 2022 10:29 am

It's a good opportunity to get the young players, especially Butler, some much needed NBA game experience.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
Head Coach
Posts: 6,488
And1: 2,805
Joined: Jan 05, 2017
 

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#8 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:43 pm

zero24gravity wrote:Jazz sign Norvel Pelle to a 10 day. Hasn't even had a shoot-around with the team, and may end up playing real minutes tonight, especially if guys like Gay, O'Neale &/or Clarkson can't go.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2022/01/07/utah-jazz-sign-norvel/


From that little highlight clip of Pelle in your link, he looks more agile, switchable and active defensively than Dok. He's made first team, all defensive G league before. I don't expect him to get a chance to compete to stick on the team though since we already have three signed centers and are more in need of defensive minded perimeter players.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 23,572
And1: 9,288
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#9 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:07 pm

Rudy Gay and Elijah Hughes in protocols now. I thought Hughes might be since he went from playing so well to being inactive.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
zero24gravity
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,404
And1: 632
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
 

Re: Gobert Enters Covid Protocols 

Post#10 » by zero24gravity » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:38 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:Jazz sign Norvel Pelle to a 10 day. Hasn't even had a shoot-around with the team, and may end up playing real minutes tonight, especially if guys like Gay, O'Neale &/or Clarkson can't go.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2022/01/07/utah-jazz-sign-norvel/


From that little highlight clip of Pelle in your link, he looks more agile, switchable and active defensively than Dok. He's made first team, all defensive G league before. I don't expect him to get a chance to compete to stick on the team though since we already have three signed centers and are more in need of defensive minded perimeter players.


I like what I've seen from him, in the limited minutes we've seen him. He's definitely more agile & switchable than Dok. Seems to have a decent motor. Not thinking he's a regular rotation guy, but might be worth keeping an eye on, especially since Gay at center simply hasn't looked good so far.

Return to Utah Jazz