DM wants bigger market

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 12,901
And1: 3,318
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

DM wants bigger market 

Post#1 » by GobertReport » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:35 am

Donovan Mitchell wants lights and grandeur it sounds like, obviously there are positives and negatives, just look at players who go to the grandeur and wilt. I think we have 1.5 to 2 years to get our **** together, if not then I think DM will look at leaving, asking for a trade will weaken any team he goes to so he’s to smart to ask for a trade.

I definitely think we cannot have another Hayward situation, I called it the summer before he left for and Hayward didn’t let anything leak out of his inner circle like Donny has.

What does everyone else think?
Ingles is cooked.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
Posts: 9,588
And1: 654
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#2 » by red4hf » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:53 am

The article doesn't say that...... It says some people speculate he may want to play for a larger market...... No need to panic since he's signed for 3 more years.......
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 12,901
And1: 3,318
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#3 » by GobertReport » Sun Jan 9, 2022 1:06 am

red4hf wrote:The article doesn't say that...... It says some people speculate he may want to play for a larger market...... No need to panic since he's signed for 3 more years.......


I think with the NBA, stories like this always poke to smoke, remember the smoke around Hayward wanting to play for Brad?
Ingles is cooked.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
Posts: 9,588
And1: 654
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#4 » by red4hf » Sun Jan 9, 2022 1:24 am

GobertReport wrote:
red4hf wrote:The article doesn't say that...... It says some people speculate he may want to play for a larger market...... No need to panic since he's signed for 3 more years.......


I think with the NBA, stories like this always poke to smoke, remember the smoke around Hayward wanting to play for Brad?


Sure I do..... But just because the stories were right about Hayward, doesn't mean the same is true with Donovan..... And he's still under contract for 3 tears..... Hopefully the Jazz learned something from the Hayward situation......
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 12,901
And1: 3,318
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#5 » by GobertReport » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:32 am

red4hf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
red4hf wrote:The article doesn't say that...... It says some people speculate he may want to play for a larger market...... No need to panic since he's signed for 3 more years.......


I think with the NBA, stories like this always poke to smoke, remember the smoke around Hayward wanting to play for Brad?


Sure I do..... But just because the stories were right about Hayward, doesn't mean the same is true with Donovan..... And he's still under contract for 3 tears..... Hopefully the Jazz learned something from the Hayward situation......


True but Utah needs to be careful, the minute he is eligible for extension and doesn’t sign, trade him.
Ingles is cooked.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 23,572
And1: 9,288
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:37 am

GobertReport wrote:
red4hf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
I think with the NBA, stories like this always poke to smoke, remember the smoke around Hayward wanting to play for Brad?


Sure I do..... But just because the stories were right about Hayward, doesn't mean the same is true with Donovan..... And he's still under contract for 3 tears..... Hopefully the Jazz learned something from the Hayward situation......


True but Utah needs to be careful, the minute he is eligible for extension and doesn’t sign, trade him.


Yes, but that probably goes for any star unless they are explicit that they want to be eligible for the supermax (which, by the time that is possible DM might be worth it - but most players are not). I do think it is embarrassing that he does not have more votes, but he has always really seemed to enjoy it here. Hopefully he's in Utah for the rest of his career, but I have a feeling if he wanted to leave he'd let the FO know so that we could move him and get value in return.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 12,901
And1: 3,318
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#7 » by GobertReport » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:01 am

babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Sure I do..... But just because the stories were right about Hayward, doesn't mean the same is true with Donovan..... And he's still under contract for 3 tears..... Hopefully the Jazz learned something from the Hayward situation......


True but Utah needs to be careful, the minute he is eligible for extension and doesn’t sign, trade him.


Yes, but that probably goes for any star unless they are explicit that they want to be eligible for the supermax (which, by the time that is possible DM might be worth it - but most players are not). I do think it is embarrassing that he does not have more votes, but he has always really seemed to enjoy it here. Hopefully he's in Utah for the rest of his career, but I have a feeling if he wanted to leave he'd let the FO know so that we could move him and get value in return.


I dont think he would let us know, he would pull a LeBron.
Ingles is cooked.
Rauxcee
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,202
And1: 2,535
Joined: Jan 07, 2006
 

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#8 » by Rauxcee » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:02 am

I've assumed Mitchell would leave as soon as he is an UFA, or will ask for a trade the last 1-1.5 years of his contract. I've thought this since his rookie season and I'm under no illusions that he's staying.

Not sure there is anything the Jazz can do to keep him to be honest- other than relocate. They'll try to keep him and do what he wants, like they did with Hayward, but the outcome will be the same. I'm just enjoying him while we have him. I also think he'll be far more professional and respectful when he leaves.
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 12,901
And1: 3,318
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#9 » by GobertReport » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:27 am

Rauxcee wrote:I've assumed Mitchell would leave as soon as he is an UFA, or will ask for a trade the last 1-1.5 years of his contract. I've thought this since his rookie season and I'm under no illusions that he's staying.

Not sure there is anything the Jazz can do to keep him to be honest- other than relocate. They'll try to keep him and do what he wants, like they did with Hayward, but the outcome will be the same. I'm just enjoying him while we have him. I also think he'll be far more professional and respectful when he leaves.


I hope the FO wisens up this time around though and gets some value.
Ingles is cooked.
Dkeaton024
Ballboy
Posts: 13
And1: 8
Joined: Jan 04, 2021
 

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#10 » by Dkeaton024 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:56 am

I think next summer (summer 2023) you trade him tbh. I’m not under the illusion some of you are that he will handle things so professionally or nice. Was he nice to Rudy over the Covid thing? Was he nice to the training staff? Donovan wants a good face publicly, but is a bit different when push comes to shove. I think it’s been pretty obvious for about a year and a half now Donovan doesn’t really want to be here all that much. He’s a great public showman, but he’s cut-throat behind the scenes.
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 12,901
And1: 3,318
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#11 » by GobertReport » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:52 am

Dkeaton024 wrote:I think next summer (summer 2023) you trade him tbh. I’m not under the illusion some of you are that he will handle things so professionally or nice. Was he nice to Rudy over the Covid thing? Was he nice to the training staff? Donovan wants a good face publicly, but is a bit different when push comes to shove. I think it’s been pretty obvious for about a year and a half now Donovan doesn’t really want to be here all that much. He’s a great public showman, but he’s cut-throat behind the scenes.


You’re correct!
Ingles is cooked.
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 14,181
And1: 6,082
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#12 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Jan 9, 2022 9:10 am

I'll post the article here, for reference.

Speculation That Market Size Matters To Donovan Mitchell
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265371/Speculation-That-Market-Size-Matters-To-Donovan-Mitchell
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
User avatar
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
Posts: 17,651
And1: 1,336
Joined: Sep 19, 2002
Location: Barcelona, Spain
   

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#13 » by FJS » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:21 am

He should learn about Hayward too. He was allstar here and then he is only a starter


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 14,181
And1: 6,082
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#14 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:20 pm

Dkeaton024 wrote:I think next summer (summer 2023) you trade him tbh. I’m not under the illusion some of you are that he will handle things so professionally or nice. Was he nice to Rudy over the Covid thing? Was he nice to the training staff? Donovan wants a good face publicly, but is a bit different when push comes to shove. I think it’s been pretty obvious for about a year and a half now Donovan doesn’t really want to be here all that much. He’s a great public showman, but he’s cut-throat behind the scenes.


I probably missed it--was there an incident with the Jazz training staff?
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Dkeaton024
Ballboy
Posts: 13
And1: 8
Joined: Jan 04, 2021
 

Re: DM wants bigger market 

Post#15 » by Dkeaton024 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:27 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Dkeaton024 wrote:I think next summer (summer 2023) you trade him tbh. I’m not under the illusion some of you are that he will handle things so professionally or nice. Was he nice to Rudy over the Covid thing? Was he nice to the training staff? Donovan wants a good face publicly, but is a bit different when push comes to shove. I think it’s been pretty obvious for about a year and a half now Donovan doesn’t really want to be here all that much. He’s a great public showman, but he’s cut-throat behind the scenes.


I probably missed it--was there an incident with the Jazz training staff?


Sorry, I should have specified, I’m referring to the medical staff situation and his dragging it out publicly he wasn’t happy, then Mike Elliot losing his job last summer. Some take his public nice good PR face and don’t look enough at how he has acted when things get a little difficult. He kind of throws fits. It won’t get to a Harden level(mainly because I don’t think the Jazz will allow it to) but I think he has everything in him to act about like Harden did during the end of his Houston stint. It’s pretty obvious how quickly the dude will throw a fit and do it publicly as he’s done it more than once during his time here. Windhorst is a loser, but Donovan is definitely someone petty enough to actually care about all star fan voting lol.

Return to Utah Jazz