Next moves by the Jazz

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Trifecta47
Ballboy
And1: 6

Next moves by the Jazz 

Post#1 » by Trifecta47 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:58 pm

I know there are a few posters here from Jazzfanz from which I removed myself last summer. It got to be so toxic. I was on there for 20 years and everything was good until DWill was drafted and a bunch of mean-spirited posters came aboard. In any case, I'm done fighting as it continued and the mean-spirited finally took over. Too bad because it is basically a very good site.

Sure, doesn't look good right now for the Jazz as Quin seems to have lost control. The team has blown too many games with lack of effort and focus. And JC is too often out of control. I wonder what's next, if there will be a trade. I like JC but I think he should be the odd man out, not Joe, though Joe's days are numbered and the Jazz might trade him instead because of that.

Or should they just replace Quin?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Re: Next moves by the Jazz 

Post#2 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:33 pm

Welcome aboard.

Admittedly, I haven't watched many games, as I've lost interest a while ago. However, I don't think Snyder lost control, it's just that our two best players are injured. Sure, we've been in a funk even before that, but that happens every season to the Jazz and almost any other team. They'll still finish with a decent record, which doesn't mean much come playoff time.

I think we'll see a trade or two, but nothing major. The big changes will come once it becomes clear this team isn't a legit contender. Personally, I don't think this team ever was, but that's neither here or there. It very well could be that if we get bounced in the first or second round again, it will push the (new) front office to make some big changes, and I suspect that this is why Ainge was hired.

As for Snyder, it is worth remembering the Jazz has a new owner (also, there's Wade) and a new GM/President/Ruler of the Universe in Ainge, and neither of them hired Snyder, so it isn't reasonable to expect they'd like to bring in their own guy.

As for Clarkson, I think he's too important to trade for a player of a similar level--he provides scoring and can create his own shot, and other than Mitchell (and maybe a bit of Conley) the Jazz don't have anyone else who can do that, and it will become important in the playoffs when it is harder to score.

Personally, I don't think this core has what it takes. I think we need a complete overhaul, which means building an entirely new team around Mitchell.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,060

Re: Next moves by the Jazz 

Post#3 » by FJS » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:45 pm

Welcome aboard.

This team is not going anywhere and it's a pity, because is really talented. Sill I think our coach is not doing our players give the best of everyone of them.

I think we use too much some players, and we don't use others as we should. For example Clarkson shooting too much it's ok when he is around 45%, and I think we should play more with our centers near the basket. I see a lot of plays you expect a loob and finish in a 3.

It's Quin fault? Maybe. Still you only have 2 choices. You get the players you need to make work your system or you adapt your system with the players you got.

If your system is more important than the players, then you have to sit down players who doesn't adapt to your system and give more playing time to the ones who adapt.

It's easy in the paper... not so much when some of the more talented players are the one who doesn't adapt.

Return to Utah Jazz