Trifecta47
Ballboy
And1: 6

Re: Ingles injury 

Post#21 » by Trifecta47 » Tue Feb 1, 2022 4:00 am

GobertReport wrote:
Trifecta47 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Not hating when I have been right :lol:

There is a time and a place for this, and this is not it.

Listen, this is a forum that has had long discussions about trading Ingles and I have been a proponent of it, I feel very bad he hurt his knee because I didn’t want to see his time with the Jazz end like this. I think the FO did a huge disservice to the team for hanging on to him this long, we are now looking at taking bad to net neutral salary if we trade him.

I feel sorry for you that you don't understand how inappropriate you are being. The guy just had what may well be a career-ending injury and you continue to slam him. Are you a human being or a robot without feeling?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,292

Post#22 » by babyjax13 » Tue Feb 1, 2022 4:17 am

Trifecta47 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Trifecta47 wrote:

Listen, this is a forum that has had long discussions about trading Ingles and I have been a proponent of it, I feel very bad he hurt his knee because I didn’t want to see his time with the Jazz end like this. I think the FO did a huge disservice to the team for hanging on to him this long, we are now looking at taking bad to net neutral salary if we trade him.

I feel sorry for you that you don't understand how inappropriate you are being. The guy just had what may well be a career-ending injury and you continue to slam him. Are you a human being or a robot without feeling?

I agree it's distasteful and annoying.

I don't really know what we are going to do next, but I hope that Joe is able to stick around and rehab successfully and have at least one more season as an end of bench guy. I don't think there are a ton of players who give enough back to their community that it feels right to keep them even if you could get something in return, but Joe is one of those guys for me.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#23 » by AingesBurner » Tue Feb 1, 2022 4:52 am

Trifecta47 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Trifecta47 wrote:

You are obviously too emotional about this. I am pointing out business facts, and again, I feel bad Joe jacked his knee up, I personally know the feeling. I am simply pointing out the unwise business decision the Jazz made, Joe should have been playing less than 20 a game, they should have made the hard business decision over the summer and they wouldn’t have some responsibility in Joes injury.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#24 » by AingesBurner » Tue Feb 1, 2022 6:33 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Trifecta47 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I don't really know what we are going to do next, but I hope that Joe is able to stick around and rehab successfully and have at least one more season as an end of bench guy. I don't think there are a ton of players who give enough back to their community that it feels right to keep them even if you could get something in return, but Joe is one of those guys for me.

You’re looking at my comments with emotion, take your emotion out of it and you know I am right, you’re only angry because of emotional attachment to a player. I didn’t want him to get injured and I even said on here that if he stays on the team that he needs to play less than 20 minutes because of injury concern. Joe played so much basketball this year and it was too much for his body.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,292

Post#25 » by babyjax13 » Tue Feb 1, 2022 6:36 am

GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Trifecta47 wrote:

You’re looking at my comments with emotion, take your emotion out of it and you know I am right, you’re only angry because of emotional attachment to a player. I didn’t want him to get injured and I even said on here that if he stays on the team that he needs to play less than 20 minutes because of injury concern. Joe played so much basketball this year and it was too much for his body.

You know I've never agreed with your assessment of Ingles, and I still don't. I think you've been wildly out of touch on (a) his trade value, and (b) his actual on-court value to the team, and assumed that (a) was greater than (b). Teams knew he was old, they weren't going to give up a ton for him, and he is our best distributor off the bench and our second unit has terrible ball movement. The only thing I've agreed with you on is that his minutes needed to be reduced because it was clearly having an effect on his play. I had hoped that was what House was for, but then we got hit by covid.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,536

Post#26 » by HopelessKnick » Tue Feb 1, 2022 12:09 pm

Hi guys, it always sucks to see a player (especially a fan favorite) go down like that. Torn ACLs aren't necessarily career-ending at this point in time, but given his diminishing productivity and age he may call it a career instead of rehabbing so he can come back at 35/36 years of age. Wish him the best, always seemed like a class act.

Brief question concerning the Jazz and what they are up to. Do you think it'd be possible for the Jazz to have interest in Alec Burks or Evan Fournier? Both work in a straight up swap for Ingles' expiring contract. Burks has 1year and 10mill. left after this season and Fournier 2years and 35mill. after this season. Both shoot it well from 3 and make some plays and get some assists and can be very solid players off the bench. A Clarkson/Fournier combo off the bench could actually create some havoc. Do you think a straight up swap for either of these guys would be thinkable from the Jazz perspective?

For the Knicks the motivation would be to create room for some of the younger players because Thibs otherwise sticks to the vets no matter what.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#27 » by TNJazz » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:04 pm

Alec Burks trade is interesting primarily bc Joe basically took his role with the team when AC was traded, primarily due to all his injuries. Funny if he came back as Joe's replacement due to the injury. Other than that bit of interest, I don't see much value in that, although I loved Houdini when he was a Jazzman! I do see value in Evan Fournier, if the Knicks would do such a trade.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#28 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Feb 1, 2022 3:36 pm

Really sucks about Ingles, who is my favorite Jazz player. Every time I see someone commenting about Gobert being the Jazz's toughest player, I'm saying to myself (because I don't have the energy to debate this), "nah, that'd be Ingles."

Hope he gets over this injury and continues to play in the NBA.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#29 » by bkohler » Tue Feb 1, 2022 3:54 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Coming in peace - would you think a Bertans for Ingles straight up would be an option. Add Holiday if we could make the trade work.

I think the Wizards would do this if we decide to blow things up (the way it has been going).

What about for KCP?
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,009

Post#30 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 1, 2022 4:06 pm

bkohler wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Coming in peace - would you think a Bertans for Ingles straight up would be an option. Add Holiday if we could make the trade work.

I think the Wizards would do this if we decide to blow things up (the way it has been going).

What about for KCP?

That is definitely the right ask. But no - he should be a piece moving forward next year or part of a larger trade package.

Dinwiddie?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#31 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Feb 1, 2022 4:23 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
bkohler wrote:

What about for KCP?

That is definitely the right ask. But no - he should be a piece moving forward next year or part of a larger trade package.

Dinwiddie?

I would love to have Dinwiddie. For Ingles? Yes, please.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,009

Post#32 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 1, 2022 5:40 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
bkohler wrote:What about for KCP?

Dinwiddie?

I would love to have Dinwiddie. For Ingles? Yes, please.

Salaries don't quite match - but I think we are going to do something a bit nuts like this...
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#33 » by zero24gravity » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:35 pm

Fun Fact: The Jazz can trade Ingles' contract this trade deadline, getting some kind of return for him (and he can just stay in SLC to rehab & keep family stability, which he said in a recent interview is his priority) .... and then the team can re-sign him in the offseason.

Return to Utah Jazz