Game 72: Utah Jazz (45-26) @ Brooklyn Nets (37-34)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Game 72: Utah Jazz (45-26) @ Brooklyn Nets (37-34) 

Post#1 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:16 pm

Rotowire has all of last night's missing Jazz players listed as very likely green GTD or likely green GTD, except for Bogey, who is listed as tossup grey GTD. Irving, Aldridge and Simmons are OUT for Nets. Goran Dragic is grey tossup GTD.

We haven't seen Durant since the 2018/19 season. He is as unstoppable as ever and will be playing with some urgency since the Nets are in danger of slipping to ninth place. If Durant just gets his averages, but none of the other Nets go off too badly, the Jazz have a good opportunity to win. Go Jazz!

https://www.rotowire.com/basketball/nba-lineups.php
Crunch 99
General Manager

Re: Game 72: Utah Jazz (45-26) @ Brooklyn Nets (37-34) 

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:46 pm

Bogey, House and Doke have been updated to OUT, so I am guessing Juancho gets another start. I wouldn't hold it against Juancho too much if he guards Durant and Durant still has a great game. Durant can shoot over the top of nearly every defender in the NBA, but we can hope Juancho will annoy Durant more than Bogey or Royce would.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#3 » by FJS » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:23 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Bogey, House and Doke have been updated to OUT, so I am guessing Juancho gets another start. I wouldn't hold it against Juancho too much if he guards Durant and Durant still has a great game. Durant can shoot over the top of nearly every defender in the NBA, but we can hope Juancho will annoy Durant more than Bogey or Royce would.
I'm sure he will do. At least Kd should have to jump.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#4 » by Catchall » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:35 pm

The Jazz played Portland at home and beat them by 38 points. This Nets team played Portland at home a week later and won by 5 points with KD having to play 38 mins and score 38 pts. The teams were tied going into the 4th quarter, and Portland was only down by 3 pts with 45 secs remaining. Portland's starting lineup was Winslow, Eubanks, Watford, Hart and Brandon Williams.

Not sure what explanation I can offer other than that this Nets team isn't as good as advertised.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#5 » by ducler » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#6 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:18 pm

Catchall wrote:The Jazz played Portland at home and beat them by 38 points. This Nets team played Portland at home a week later and won by 5 points with KD having to play 38 mins and score 38 pts. The teams were tied going into the 4th quarter, and Portland was only down by 3 pts with 45 secs remaining. Portland's starting lineup was Winslow, Eubanks, Watford, Hart and Brandon Williams.

Not sure what explanation I can offer other than that this Nets team isn't as good as advertised.

Hey Catchall, you jinxed us! :lol:

We should have been able to beat them without Irving, but the Nets have won six of their last seven games, only losing to Dallas at home by a Dinwiddie buzzer beater.

The betting world is still giving Brooklyn the best chance of coming out of the East, even with Simmons quite possibly never suiting up this season. Durant and Irving are both rolling, except Irving still (ridiculously imo) can't play home games. Irving and Durant have only played together for seven games this season near as I can tell.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#7 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:29 pm

FJS wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:Bogey, House and Doke have been updated to OUT, so I am guessing Juancho gets another start. I wouldn't hold it against Juancho too much if he guards Durant and Durant still has a great game. Durant can shoot over the top of nearly every defender in the NBA, but we can hope Juancho will annoy Durant more than Bogey or Royce would.
I'm sure he will do. At least Kd should have to jump.

I only watched parts of the game, but whenever I was watching, Royce was the primary defender on Durant. I also saw Gay on him on him a little bit. I am not certain whether Juancho got a chance to try defending Durant or not. Durant had an outstanding game, well above his average points and shooting percentages. Durant looks like he is in peak form now, which is pretty much unstoppable.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#8 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:41 pm

Whereas Australian Joe Ingles was a good example of a tough, gritty ironman until his injury at age 34, even leading the entire NBA for consecutive games played for awhile, both younger Australians Ben Simmons and Dante Exum have kind of been the opposite, missing a lot of games during their careers. Weird that Simmons has a herniated disc without even playing in a real game this season (on top of the self reported mental issues). Simmons also missed his entire true rookie season with an injury.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#9 » by TNJazz » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:29 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Whereas Australian Joe Ingles was a good example of a tough, gritty ironman until his injury at age 34, even leading the entire NBA for consecutive games played for awhile, both younger Australians Ben Simmons and Dante Exum have kind of been the opposite, missing a lot of games during their careers. Weird that Simmons has a herniated disc without even playing in a real game this season (on top of the self reported mental issues). Simmons also missed his entire true rookie season with an injury.

Let's not forget about Patty Mills, another Aussie ironman. He's having his best year as a pro and is a solid #2 the KD is not on the floor, of course that doesn't take into consideration Kyrie when he is eligible to play.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#10 » by TNJazz » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:34 pm

Jazz looked really good in first quarter, second the ball started to stick too much, then in the third the offense went way too much into the iso ball mode. 4th was catch up which is not a strong suit for this team.

I like Forrest, but NAW can at least be somewhat of a deterrent for shooting 3's. Would have like to see him play in this game. KD just made the decision that this game was his, incredible shooting accuracy. If they get Kyrie back for home games, this team is going to be tough come playoff time. I think they are still picked to win the East.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#11 » by Catchall » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:39 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
Catchall wrote:The Jazz played Portland at home and beat them by 38 points. This Nets team played Portland at home a week later and won by 5 points with KD having to play 38 mins and score 38 pts. The teams were tied going into the 4th quarter, and Portland was only down by 3 pts with 45 secs remaining. Portland's starting lineup was Winslow, Eubanks, Watford, Hart and Brandon Williams.

Hey Catchall, you jinxed us! :lol:

We should have been able to beat them without Irving, but the Nets have won six of their last seven games, only losing to Dallas at home by a Dinwiddie buzzer beater.

The betting world is still giving Brooklyn the best chance of coming out of the East, even with Simmons quite possibly never suiting up this season. Durant and Irving are both rolling, except Irving still (ridiculously imo) can't play home games. Irving and Durant have only played together for seven games this season near as I can tell.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

Yeah, I must have. Having Bogey would have helped. Also, the Nets had two days to rest and prep for the Jazz, and I think it showed. They were well prepared and the Jazz weren't.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Utah Jazz