Quickest and best way to become contenders in your humble opinion:

Poll ended at Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:13 am

1. Trade Mitchell
20%
2. Trade Gobert
16%
3. Fire Snyder
20%
4. Change main supporting cast (O'neal, Bogie, Clarkson, Conley)
44%
5. Other reasonable option
No votes

Total votes: 25

dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Re: Future change needed ... if decided 

Post#21 » by dr0welf » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:11 am

TNJazz wrote:If one can remember way back, the Jazz could have picked Booker in that draft, but instead went with his KY teammate Trey Lyles. At that time, everyone was scratching their collective heads.

Yeah I remember a few on this board trying to figure out wth happened. Not saying Lyles is a bad player but he's not good either.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#22 » by dr0welf » Mon May 2, 2022 12:33 am

I think we were pretty good on this poll. I feel main supporting cast will be changed by next year. I don't think the 2 cornerstones of Mitchell or Gobert are moved unless somehow we are able to improve the team in doing so (which is usually not the case when moving star players). Quin might be gone but I think it will be his decision and not the front office pushing him out.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#23 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon May 2, 2022 8:26 pm

Catchall wrote:If the Jazz drafted Desmond Bane instead of Udoka Azubuike, none of this conversation would even be happening.

The Jazz need to upgrade Royce O'Neale. They tried to do it with Rudy Gay, but it didn't work. There are other avenues to try.

Or even have taken a swing on McDaniels, who plays a position of need on the Jazz and could end up being really good.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#24 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue May 3, 2022 2:10 pm

I wonder how we feel about a trade centered around Gobert for Ayton. The Suns didn't want to max him last season and still hold the QO. Their payroll will be huge either way. Not sure if they'll go for it but it's worth a discussion. Gobert is better defensively but Ayton is still good on that end of the floor, and he's more polished offensively.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#25 » by bkohler » Tue May 3, 2022 2:20 pm

I think Ayton would be a great target if you're trading Gobert, although I do wonder how much of his production is centered around playing with someone like Chris Paul. I'm convinced that Gobert would be an MVP candidate playing with Paul.

I think the important thing is getting real value (as much as possible) for Gobert and not just a smattering of role players. Ayton definitely has real value but I also think has played himself into a position where it's unlikely the Suns move him and just give him the max.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#26 » by Catchall » Wed May 4, 2022 2:49 am

I think Ainge is going to try to get someone to overpay for Gobert, the way the Bucks overpaid for Jrue. He'll find a team that feels pressure to bring in Gobert to anchor their defense, like Brooklyn, Atlanta, Charlotte, etc.

BTW, I've started to look into the draft. I'd be thrilled if the Jazz could pick up Jalen Duren to replace Gobert. I think he's the next Bam Adebayo.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#27 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 4, 2022 3:08 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:I wonder how we feel about a trade centered around Gobert for Ayton. The Suns didn't want to max him last season and still hold the QO. Their payroll will be huge either way. Not sure if they'll go for it but it's worth a discussion. Gobert is better defensively but Ayton is still good on that end of the floor, and he's more polished offensively.

It's basically impossible with BYC rules. I'd love it, though.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#28 » by Rauxcee » Wed May 4, 2022 4:24 am

If the Suns don't want to pay Ayton, why would they want Gobert's contract? They are a pretty damn good team with Ayton and don't teally need the upgrade.

I just hope the Jazz trade both guys if they are going to do it. They are wasting everyone's time until Mitchell wants out in 2 years otherwise.

Return to Utah Jazz