FJS wrote:Refs wants to give the game to mavs

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

The officials have been rancid......
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Re: Round 1, Game 1: Utah Jazz @ Dallas Mavericks 

Post#42 » by red4hf » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:46 pm

At least we pulled it out...... And Mitchell couldn't have played worse.....
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#43 » by FJS » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:46 pm

Well, we won!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#44 » by vryadli » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:56 pm

But they managed to make that fully entertaining. I'm looking for next thriller.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#45 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:57 pm

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#46 » by Denizfeital » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:09 am

red4hf wrote:
vryadli wrote:I think it is time to trade Gobert. Why this team and coach need a player who has one attempt for the first 3 quarter? They will be just fine without him.

I hope that's sarcasm......

I hope that's sarcasm as well.

I think Gobert is used in the wrong way. He should take at least 10 shots per game. It is not his fault nobody passes him the ball more often during the game.

Nice win today. I thought we would let that slip away. Thankfully they managed to keep the lead until the end. Nice work.

Regards,
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#47 » by vryadli » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:30 am

Denizfeital wrote:
red4hf wrote:
vryadli wrote:I think it is time to trade Gobert. Why this team and coach need a player who has one attempt for the first 3 quarter? They will be just fine without him.

I hope that's sarcasm......

I hope that's sarcasm as well.

I think Gobert is used in the wrong way. He should take at least 10 shots per game. It is not his fault nobody passes him the ball more often during the game.

Nice win today. I thought we would let that slip away. Thankfully they managed to keep the lead until the end. Nice work.

Regards,

Come on! Beware of blasphemy. Next time you can tell that DM shouldn't take 20+ attempts per a game and then that Jazz has to play serious defense and you may even go to complete extremes and suggest that Jazz has to be built not around DM but about Gobert
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#48 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:10 am

We're lucky the Mavs didn't make their free throws because if they had they would have won the game.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,681

Post#49 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:32 pm

The Utah Jazz are undefeated in the playoffs!
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#50 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:17 pm

A Dallas Morning News writer opines that for Dallas to win game two, they first need to keep playing defense, the defense that held the Jazz to under 100 points, and second, they need to play Trey Burke to have another playmaker on offense. (Playing Burke, however, would hurt with the first goal of playing really good defense.)

Mavericks’ home court advantage is gone, but hope isn’t lost in playoff series vs. Jazz
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2022/04/17/mavericks-home-court-advantage-is-gone-but-hope-isnt-lost-in-playoff-series-vs-jazz/

Snips: The first thing they need to do — right after praying over Luka’s left leg — is to play the same kind of defense they did Saturday. Next, they need to gas up Trey Burke, because they could use another playmaker.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#51 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:33 pm

The Mavs were close. They need to hit free throws, continue to defend, and execute a bit better. It would also help if they shot the three better than 28%.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#52 » by Catchall » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:15 pm

Mitchell was only 1/9 in the 1st half.
The Jazz only made only 7 3pt shots for the entire game.
The Mavs shot 16 FTs in the 4th quarter alone.
The Mavs only had 7 turnovers.
Jazz still covered the spread.

I think the Jazz will have a better offensive game in Game 2 now that they've seen this version of the Mavs.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#53 » by dr0welf » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:47 pm

Donovan at the end of the second half made a great basketball play with the kick out to Bogie. Sometimes down the stretch of games I don't think he always does that. When his head is in the team game he is a great player, I think that is one of the main things separating him from being elite. When things start toughening up he tries to dominate as most epic players due, but when the shots aren't falling you kill the team. He needs to continue looking for the open team mates at the end of games. Him and Clarkson can be great passers when they want to be, but that seems to drop off at the end of games. Some of that is the defenses taking away passing lanes, some of it is spacing issues. But more often it is heads down driving through the lane trying to make something happen.

This Jazz team is the most talented since the Stockton and Malone days. I would say this one is even deeper then the older team. If they can take care of the ball, keep running their offense, and hit their open shots; I don't see anyone stopping them. The jazz seem to shoot themselves in the foot more then the other team can.

Last year it seemed everyone from the LAC caught fire from 3 pt range. This last game could have been the same thing if Green hit his wide open 3's. We are playing the same defense it all depends if the other team is hitting the 3 or not when it is open.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#54 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:23 pm

red4hf wrote:
red4hf wrote:No reason for Royce to be out there......

I take that back......

Killeen, Texas native Royce O'Neale got some praise in the Dallas Morning News after the game, more for the big offensive rebound with 1:07 left than the big three pointer with 57 seconds left. Royce had 6 rebs with 3 orebs.

I hope Royce taking and making that big clutch three point shot gives Royce more confidence to shoot the open threes going forward rather than hesitating so often, which can lead to more difficult Jazz shot attempts.

Jazz dominated Mavs on boards, and Baylor product Royce O’Neale grabbed the rebound that mattered
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2022/04/16/jazz-dominated-mavs-on-boards-and-baylor-product-royce-oneale-grabbed-the-rebound-that-mattered/
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#55 » by red4hf » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:49 pm

He had 1 good play and it was the one that counted A LOT...... Good for him......

Return to Utah Jazz