Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: Round 1, Game 3: Utah Jazz vs Dallas Mavericks 

Post#21 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:36 pm

Just finished watching the game. My thoughts:

1. Before the series started, I commented about how I don't think the Mavs could win the series against the Jazz, even with a full and healthy roster. Regardless of how this series ends, I was obviously wrong. In fact, I don't think the Mavs even need Doncic to win this series, after watching the first three games. They seems to have the Jazz figured out and they know both how to defend them and how to get the shots they want.

2. I don't know how anyone can still defend this roster or coach at this point. We are being outplayed on both sides of the court while we are the more talented, deeper and healthier team, and we're being out-coached on both ends as well. Major changes need to happen. My preference is to part ways with Snyder, blow up the roster and build around Mitchell, but I'd also be open to moving even Mitchell and do a complete rebuild from the ground up with a completely different roster and coach. It's pretty obvious this team isn't going anywhere. Just one request to Ainge: please don't make me eat my words by signing Doc Rivers. Thank you.

3. I'd like to remind that in game 1, the Jazz were up 1 with 1:07 to go. They pulled off the win, but the Jazz are awfully close to being down 0-3 right now to Doncic-less Mavs.

4. Gobert was 6-6 from the field, 15 points with zero turnovers, and yet it's hard to ignore the fact that the Mavs had the Jazz figured out since the first minute of the game and they got everything they wanted. The only time the Jazz played well and actually made the game competitive was when Gobert was on the bench and the Jazz went small. This isn't an indictment of Gobert, but it's glaringly obvious that teams have figured out how to play the Jazz in the playoffs, and he can't be your team's best or second best player, earn a supermax contract, and for your team to be a real contender. He should be paid around 15M-20M if you want to build a contender.

5. Snyder has been out-coached in the playoffs once again. It happens every playoffs. Even his decision to finally go small was a forced decision due to Gobert picking up his 4th foul. Until that point, the Mavs got their way whenever they wanted. You'd think that after two games, the Jazz wouldn't let good 3 point shooters shoot wide open 3s. But nope, we still gave those up, and it seems like it was, like DM said after game 2, a gameplan thing.

6. I thought the Jazz would get a grip and win this game in a blowout, but once again, I gave the Jazz too much credit. I could go on and on, but I'm just ready for this incarnation of this team to finally be over. I've really had enough of this team.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.

Return to Utah Jazz