Total rumor- Warriors offered Kuminga, J Poole and 2-1sts for MItchell and Clarkson. Deal?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Total rumor- Warriors offered Kuminga, J Poole and 2-1sts for MItchell and Clarkson. Deal? 

Post#1 » by Hoops Addict » Thu May 19, 2022 3:58 pm

Im not sure if I would do that one or not.

Poole has had a huge season and could average 20 a game...awesome young player.

Then I watched a highlight video and nbaraft.net analysis, which rated him a 9 for strength, size and potential. That man has got explosive jumping ability, big muscles, speed, etc. Seems destined to be a bully at the Small Forward spot, a tough guy who can push people around easily without fouling them.....seems like a shutdown defensive guy.

https://staging.nbadraft.net/players/jonathan-kuminga/

Here is a highlight reel.

Poole hasscored a lot this year.....he is of more value than Clarkson?

Blow it up?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: Total rumor- Warriors offered Kuminga, J Poole and 2-1sts for MItchell and Clarkson. Deal? 

Post#2 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu May 19, 2022 4:46 pm

Poole is basically Clarkson. It's a lateral move.

This trade is basically Kuminga+2FRP (which will be low due to the Warirors' strength) for Mitchell.

Given that Kuminga, while having potential, is raw and unproven, I'd say it's no where near equal value for Mitchell, and only makes sense if the Jazz wanted to tank through a complete rebuild and even then it is lopsided in favor of the Warriors.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: Total rumor- Warriors offered Kuminga, J Poole and 2-1sts for MItchell and Clarkson. Deal? 

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 19, 2022 5:13 pm

Hahaha not getting Moody and Poole? Pass.
Ingles is cooked.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#4 » by Catchall » Thu May 19, 2022 9:03 pm

If I were going to move Mitchell, I'd send him to Sacramento for #4, two unprotected 1sts and a pick swap, or I'd send him to the Knicks for 5 picks, knowing how often they're in the lottery. I'd pass on that Ws offer.

Jordan Poole is a lot like Jordan Clarkson and should probably be a 6th man. Kuminga is interesting, but still limited skill-wise. The picks project to be low value. Pass for Mitchell.

That package might get a discussion going for Gobert maybe.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#5 » by Rauxcee » Fri May 20, 2022 4:46 am

I struggle to see the point in only trading one of the 2 main guys. No matter who we trade, we won't get "equal" value for the player, and the team will take a step back. Either trade both Gobert and Mitchell, or keep them. None of the trades mentioned for either player are worth it, or even a good return.

I have yet to see one that I think would be beneficial.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#6 » by CAE15 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:05 am

Imma say a rumor that doesn't consider the salary cap is not a very good rumor. Not even sure Don is the type of player the warriors would target

Return to Utah Jazz