2023 Trade Rumors

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: 2023 Trade Rumors 

Post#161 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:48 am

If John Collins is still with the Hawks after the trade deadline it would be hilarious.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
D Rog
Junior
And1: 83

Post#162 » by D Rog » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:38 pm

I know I am outta my mind on this thought

Utah Out - Jordan CLarkson, Kelly Olynyk & Rudy Gay (last of the older players for the Jazz) for

Utah In - 3 or 4 1st round picks from Brooklyn and Ben Simmons (maybe Cam Johnson)

Simmons contract expires when Markkanen's expires (2 years)
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#163 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:43 pm

D Rog wrote:I know I am outta my mind on this thought

Utah Out - Jordan CLarkson, Kelly Olynyk & Rudy Gay (last of the older players for the Jazz) for

Utah In - 3 or 4 1st round picks from Brooklyn and Ben Simmons (maybe Cam Johnson)

The Nets aren't giving away 3-4 FRPs to unload Simmons, or Cam Johnson, especially not for lesser players.

As an aside, I can't help but wonder how the Jazz would look if we had Simmons as a PG.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
D Rog
Junior

Post#164 » by D Rog » Thu Feb 9, 2023 4:03 pm

Ya... I thought 3-4 with Cam might have been too much. I wonder if you can get 2 FRPs without Cam.

I wonder if Simmons could be the facilitator for the Jazz. I don't see Sexton as a passing type PG.
Is paying Simmons for 2 years (after this year) worth a couple picks? Maybe

I don't see why Ainge would keep KO or JC at this point. Too old for the rest of this team
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#165 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 9, 2023 4:09 pm

D Rog wrote:Ya... I thought 3-4 with Cam might have been too much. I wonder if you can get 2 FRPs without Cam.

I wonder if Simmons could be the facilitator for the Jazz. I don't see Sexton as a passing type PG.

I don't see why Ainge would keep KO or JC at this point. Too old for the rest of this team

Well, they are pretty close to being kept at this point since the trade deadline is almost over. How many hours are left?

zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#166 » by zero24gravity » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:03 pm

Maybe not so out of your mind... local spots radio just referenced a report of a tweet (I can't find it online) expressing exploratory talks with the Nets using Westbrook & Simmons as the primary parts. I HATE the idea of Simmons, but if the Jazz think they can use him as an asset, then I can see why this would at least be explored. ... maybe get a little something for Westbrook, instead of just waiving him.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#167 » by zero24gravity » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:04 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
D Rog wrote:Ya... I thought 3-4 with Cam might have been too much. I wonder if you can get 2 FRPs without Cam.

Well, they are pretty close to being kept at this point since the trade deadline is almost over. How many hours are left?

I think it's 1pm Mountain
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#168 » by red4hf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:30 pm

2.5 hours left......
D Rog
Junior

Post#169 » by D Rog » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:34 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Maybe not so out of your mind... local spots radio just referenced a report of a tweet (I can't find it online) expressing exploratory talks with the Nets using Westbrook & Simmons as the primary parts. I HATE the idea of Simmons, but if the Jazz think they can use him as an asset, then I can see why this would at least be explored. ... maybe get a little something for Westbrook, instead of just waiving him.

I found the twitter reference. @UtahJazzNotes. Some Brooklyn Fans talking about it on their Real GM site now
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,916

Post#170 » by mudsak » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:40 pm

Zero chance the Nets are paying someone that much to take Simmons. I don't even know if they'd attach a single pick. They owe basically the entire 2020's decade of their own picks to Houston as it is... they're going to be in draft accumulation mode... not spending. They'll sit on Simmons if they have to.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#171 » by AingesBurner » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:18 pm

I could see Utah getting their 23 pick owed to them from Brooklyn upgraded by taking on Simmons, going from the worst to the mid.
Ingles is cooked.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#172 » by red4hf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:26 pm

Bey to Atlanta, I wonder if that means Collins is on the move?
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#173 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:33 pm

Crowder for 5 second round picks?!?
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#174 » by zero24gravity » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:37 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Crowder for 5 second round picks?!?

Same price as Wiseman to the Pistons. (5 2nd round picks)

Hyland goes to the Clippers for only 2 2nd rounders.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#175 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:46 pm

zero24gravity wrote:Hyland goes to the Clippers for only 2 2nd rounders.

Wow, that's practically nothing. To think we could have had Hyland for the cost of 2 second round picks when he costs $2M per season, and we're about to pay Clarkson $20M per season in the offseason, or be forced to find a replacement that was just traded for dirt cheap.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#176 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:55 pm

D Rog wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

I found the twitter reference. @UtahJazzNotes. Some Brooklyn Fans talking about it on their Real GM site now

Nets Declined Ben Simmons For Bam Adebayo In Three-Way With Jazz During Donovan Mitchell Talks
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/270400/Nets-Declined-Ben-Simmons-For-Bam-Adebayo-In-Three-Way-With-Jazz-During-Donovan-Mitchell-Talks

This past offseason, the Brooklyn Nets had the opportunity to acquire Bam Adebayo as part of a three-way trade with the Miami Heat and Utah Jazz.

The Nets would have sent Ben Simmons to the Jazz, while the Heat would have acquired Donovan Mitchell.

Brooklyn reportedly declined to move forward with the trade. Utah went on to trade Mitchell to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#177 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:57 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:Crowder for 5 second round picks?!?

Same price as Wiseman to the Pistons. (5 2nd round picks)

Hyland goes to the Clippers for only 2 2nd rounders.

That Wiesman/Bey trade was weird. Hawks desperately want out of Collins but take on Bey with need to extend him this summer? I thought the Pistons were set a center.

I've read that Hyland is a lockeroom cancer and net negative on the floor.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#178 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:59 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
D Rog wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Nets Declined Ben Simmons For Bam Adebayo In Three-Way With Jazz During Donovan Mitchell Talks
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/270400/Nets-Declined-Ben-Simmons-For-Bam-Adebayo-In-Three-Way-With-Jazz-During-Donovan-Mitchell-Talks

This past offseason, the Brooklyn Nets had the opportunity to acquire Bam Adebayo as part of a three-way trade with the Miami Heat and Utah Jazz.

The Nets would have sent Ben Simmons to the Jazz, while the Heat would have acquired Donovan Mitchell.

Brooklyn reportedly declined to move forward with the trade. Utah went on to trade Mitchell to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Have you ever thought to yourself, "I could do a better job at this NBA GMing than some of these guys".
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#179 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:07 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Have you ever thought to yourself, "I could do a better job at this NBA GMing than some of these guys".

Yes. For example, I would have never done the Gobert trade as a GM for the Wolves. I'd probably still suck though.

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#180 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:22 pm

Suns sent Saric and a 2nd to OKC for Bazley. I wish the Jazz had unloaded Gay for Bazley.

Return to Utah Jazz