Pre-Season Game 1: Jazz vs Clippers

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,541

Pre-Season Game 1: Jazz vs Clippers 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Oct 8, 2023 5:35 pm

A new season is almost here, and tonight we finally get to see some 'real' games and not just clips from training camp.

Not sure who'll be playing and if there are any players who are sidelined, but judging by the other games so far (Lakers-Warriors and Wolves-Mavs), we should see a lot of the Jazz's roster getting minutes so maybe we'll finally get to see Hendricks and Sensabaugh.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,735

Re: Pre-Season Game 1: Jazz vs Clippers 

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:04 am

My NBA TV channel was on local blackout, but I just found the game in time for Q4. Kris Dunn is playing very well.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 557

Post#3 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:30 am

Dunn was the man tonight. Boiler was searching for a nick name for Walker K tonight. I'm thinking Blocker Kessler.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#4 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:30 am

Kris Dunn stepped up and got big buckets in the closing minutes for the win. Only possible mitigating factor about Dunn's excellent performance was that the Clips didn't have their best guys in the game guarding him in Q4.

Dunn is shooting 100% in the pre-season!
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#5 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:35 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:Boiler was searching for a nick name for Walker K tonight. I'm thinking Blocker Kessler.

I like Blocker Kessler. When we play Golden State, I hope he gets a pile of them to pay back Kerr for keeping him on the bench in World Cup.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,034

Post#6 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Oct 9, 2023 6:04 am

Sexton looked horrible.

THT had up and down moments. Playing with Sexton did him no favors.

OA, other than his fouls, looked good.

Kris Dunn is underrated and unappreciated.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,541

Post#7 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Oct 9, 2023 1:35 pm

As far as pre-season games go, I don't have a lot of takeaways. No one really stood out other than Dunn. THT had some moments, Sexton wasn't good, everyone else were kinda the same and there wasn't anything special to note. What I did notice is that the Collins fit seems less than ideal, as predicted. It will take a lot of work to figure out how to use him and how to make a front line of Kessler, Markkanen and Collins work.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Jazzy13
Starter
And1: 1,200

Post#8 » by Jazzy13 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 5:11 pm

My humble opinions.

Sexton looks bad. Cant run the offense.
THT is pretty good at running plays and handling the ball, but cant shoot.
Collins looks like an awkward fit so far. I assume that will improve once he gets more acclimated with the team.
Keyonte was too loose with the ball and made some bad pass attempts. But he has starting potential later in the season. He got run with the first team which means he is the most ready from our rookie class.
Fontecchio still struggling at 3's, which is supposed to be his strength. I would move on from him and keep Samanic instead.
Hendricks didnt get in until the 4th which was disappointing. He must not be ready. Shot looked ok though and his length can really bother people defensively.

Kris Dunn should be our starting PG. But whatever.
Not worried about Lauri and Kessler and JC.

Overall there is a bunch of new pcs so I get that the team looks like a bunch of guys who haven't played together.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#9 » by Axolotl » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:56 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Kris Dunn is underrated and unappreciated.

How was Dunn ever out of the league is beyond me. Injury history maybe? He's had his share and then some.

I watched I think all his games with the Bulls. Was somewhat inconsistent and a poor-to-mediocre shooter, but when he got it going, he could take over a game. Very good defender and adequate passer, decent handle with a good enough floater to disrupt defenses, leading to some pretty sweet drive and kicks.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.

Return to Utah Jazz