Sixers @ Jazz

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#141 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:40 am

sircharles3404 wrote:Good game for you Jazz fans. It been a fun week with the trade and now the game. Ill be keeping an eye on you guys and Kyle. Wish we still had him but anyway good luck.

you too, dont sleep on the playoffs, you all have a real chance out there in the east. Just dont play Gordon Huckicek.
majortripps69
Senior
And1: 2

Post#142 » by majortripps69 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:41 am

sircharles3404 wrote:Good game for you Jazz fans. It been a fun week with the trade and now the game. Ill be keeping an eye on you guys and Kyle. Wish we still had him but anyway good luck.

Thanks.. We love Kyle already, hopefully Gira pans out for you for the rest of this season, I don't anticipate Philly keeping him though. I hope you guys nab a nice player or two this offseason, you have the makings of a very good team there. AI2 and Miller looked great together. I'll also say this, you guys on this board go a long way to break that stigma that Philly fans are brutal. No, you guys have show more class than most.
majortripps69
Senior
And1: 2

Post#143 » by majortripps69 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:42 am

A quick note on the game. Does anyone else feel 100% comfortable with any shot Boozer puts up? I swear he has improved that jumper considerably. The man really is our MVP to be honest.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#144 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:42 am

The Sheik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you too, dont sleep on the playoffs, you all have a real chance out there in the east. Just dont play Gordon Huckicek.

Really id be surprised if they wanted to make playoffs, they want another player at leats I would think, whats the fun of being the celts or pistons whipping boy?
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#145 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:43 am

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:Is Korver just teasing us with these last couple of games, or is he really going to flourish in this system?? Right now, I love what Im seeing!

Well Im sure at some point his defense will become an issue, but if he can shoot his career avg from deep and get those mid range jumpers that Matt and Gira (use to) hit then he should flourish here. Honestly if we could take Matts toughness, strength and rebounding with Korvers knees, IQ, shooting and everything else we would have the perfect bench player.

I also think its going to take some time for Deron and others to recognize Kyle on the floor, but when they do he will be deadly if he can continue to stroke it.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#146 » by Tabasco » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:44 am

I wonder how Sloan is going to divide up the minutes for these guys. I think Korver needs more minutes but CJ is playing really well for us too. Add in Brewer and it's kind of a mess.

I think we need to experiment giving them some time at the 3. I hope it doesn't become an issue.
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#147 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:45 am

The Sheik wrote:I can see why they call him Instant Korver....14 pts in 11 mins...damn!

Fixed it!
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#148 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:46 am

New Jazzy Nets wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Really id be surprised if they wanted to make playoffs, they want another player at leats I would think, whats the fun of being the celts or pistons whipping boy?

Well I think they are too good of a team to be a "miami dolphin" type lottery team. This is a deep draft, Im sure they would love Beasley or Rose though.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#149 » by Tabasco » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:47 am

New Jazzy Nets wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's stupid. Using that logic why would we want to make the playoffs and be the Spurs whipping boy?
TexJazz
Bench Warmer
And1: 14

Post#150 » by TexJazz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:48 am

Memo is a puss, he plays almost 40 min and only gets 2 rebounds. OMG!
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#151 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:48 am

The Sheik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

look at how many FTs they missed and how many slap fouls we give. The refs missed a lot of contact, but this game was close because we didnt rebound and gave up 2nd chance pts. I dont think I have ever seen such a bad rebounding desparity by a Jazz team in awhile.

Well, my point is, had they called at least SOME of those, the rebound difference wouldn't have been as bad. First, they don't get the ball, second, if the refs call those infractions, it discourages them to keep on doing so. That's why I think that helped them a LOT MORE than a simple call or two.

Also, we had 19 defensive boards, and they had 16 TOs. That makes 35 direct recoveries. They had 25 defenvie boards and our 11 TOs gives them direct 36 recoveries, so in that regard, it wasn't as bad.
However note that this doesn't include team rebounds because it doesn't specify how many were offensive and defenisve respectively.
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#152 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 am

TexJazz wrote:Memo is a puss, he plays almost 40 min and only gets 2 rebounds. OMG!

:clap: :clap: :clap: THANK YOU!
TexJazz
Bench Warmer

Post#153 » by TexJazz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 am

Korver needs more min and harp needs MUCH less!
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#154 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:52 am

TexJazz wrote:Memo is a puss, he plays almost 40 min and only gets 2 rebounds. OMG!

He wasn't like this previously (not just last year, but since he's been a Jazz man), so I can only say that it's because his injuries discourage contact, etc.

BTW, as I said before, we need a VOCAL LEADER on this team to light that fire under our guys and make them give that extra mile (like we did last year). Our guys our currently playing at their 80-95 % capacity and they are OK with that. We need someone to make em not accept less then 150%. I know Fisher was one last year, but maybe Dee and Hoffa had some influence on the bench as they were constantly cheering, waving towels and pumping our guys up. IDK.

Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#155 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:53 am

TexJazz wrote:Korver needs more min and harp needs MUCH less!

I think the....

Boozer, Millsap, Korver
Boozer, AK, Korver
Boozer, AK, Harpring

Front courts need more burn, we need rebounding out there and since Memo is taking a vacation on one end of the floor whatever he puts up on the offensive end he gives back on the glass and on D. IF we play teams that have say..D12, Lewis and Hedo front courts we match up well with Booz, AK and Korver.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#156 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:56 am

BTW +1 for CJ for the comments he made after the game. He said that he doesnt care about minutes, as long as we are winning, thats what matters. He said especially since we are all killing it out there, when Kyle is out there he is lighting it up and Im clapping for him cuz he is helping the team.
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#157 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:57 am

Tabasco wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's stupid. Using that logic why would we want to make the playoffs and be the Spurs whipping boy?

We're a better team then the sixers, we can compete plus we still have a chance at division, im just saying the sixers wont do anything in the playoffs. And if I was a fan of the sixers I would rather have a lottery pick then being the 8th seed. Just me. Jazz dont need anymore young kids, so having a early draft pick does nothign for us.
TexJazz
Bench Warmer

Post#158 » by TexJazz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:57 am

Well I agree that the jazz need a vocal leader. And yes memo looked good on the offense but his Def looked pretty bad, I think the Jazz are much better defensively with Sap out there than memo.
GoJazz33
Sophomore

Post#159 » by GoJazz33 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:58 am

I guess depth off the bench is sort of a good problem to have--and certainly new to the Jazz--but Korver has got to get minutes. I'm happy CJ Miles is improving and showing some of his potential but if I have to chose between him and Korver it's a very easy decision. And as much as I like Harp I think KK should be getting some of his minutes as well...I hope Sloan figures all this out. Regardless, I do see a rejuvinated Jazz team and I really think January is going to be as good as December was bad. Go Jazz!
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#160 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:00 am

Seriously how bad can it be for the Jazz to run Miles at the backup point? We mostly just pass around to find the open shot, we dont really need a setup backup point, and besides hart isn't that anyway, it seems liek a waste for him to take 1-3 shots a game, because hes going to miss.

Return to Utah Jazz