Sixers @ Jazz

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#181 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:20 am

Man I really like Kyle Korver, his post game interview was hilarious. He is such a humble and nice guy. He was apologizing for missing that FT, which I was surprised he did. Cuz usually people say something along the lines of "gotta get those" or "cant miss".

"I missed a free throw and I apologize for that. I shouldn't have missed that free throw,"
Neon Black
Starter
And1: 19

Post#182 » by Neon Black » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:32 am

TexJazz wrote:Yup , without Gira that will be at least two less turnovers per game.

that is, if williams keeps those 4-7 turnover games down and if harpring can catch a pass.
trueblue8to5
Sophomore

Post#183 » by trueblue8to5 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:47 am

Philly has outrebounded us both times this season. They have kicked our ass on the glass.

Here are the rebounding totals for both teams, not a typo:

Jazz

26 Rebounds (7 offensive)

Sixers

40 Rebounds (15 offensive)

Evans and Dalembert are good rebounders, but damn!
majortripps69
Senior
And1: 2

Post#184 » by majortripps69 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:49 am

trueblue8to5 wrote:Philly has outrebounded us both times this season. They have kicked our ass on the glass.

Here are the rebounding totals for both teams, not a typo:

Jazz

26 Rebounds (7 offensive)

Sixers

40 Rebounds (15 offensive)

Evans and Dalembert are good rebounders, but damn!

Yes, we need better rebounding. But I like the other stat better.. 2-0
trueblue8to5
Sophomore

Post#185 » by trueblue8to5 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:51 am

majortripps69 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes, we need better rebounding. But I like the other stat better.. 2-0

And we're on a winning streak :clap:
Raskolnikov
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#186 » by Raskolnikov » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:12 am

Good game guys, though there were couple of bad calls that went your way, but that is what happens on the road. Good to see Kyle blending in nicely, but I hope he gets more minutes as he gets more comfortable with you defense. He can be much more than just the guy that nails the FT shots in the 4th quarter... BTW you guys need rebounding!! Another expiring for Evans??
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,099

Post#187 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:23 am

That's funny, I felt all the calls were going to Philly. Well, I felt our guys were getting hammered in the paint with never a call anyway. Just shows you how thick my fan glasses are I guess.

Some disjointed thoughts...

Dalembert was a magician out there tonight. I coudln't believe the stuff he was putting in the basket.

The Jazz offense must not be that complex. I don't know how else Korver could look like he's been playing it for years.

Boozer was on fire. Its funny how folks think he's a back to the basket beast. He's not. I don't think he hardly ever backs his man down. He's much more of a face up player.

Violet Palmer is still working games. Cringe.

I was :D when Giri traveled. No need to boo the guy though.

Jazz defense is very poor still. We should be winning games comfortably when we shoot the ball as well as we did tonight.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
LjJazzman
General Manager

Post#188 » by LjJazzman » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:27 am

[quote="jazzfan1971"}
The Jazz offense must not be that complex. I don't know how else Korver could look like he's been playing it for years.

[/quote]

All he does is go to the corner that Jerry yells at him to go to, or that deron points to. He then waits for on of the other jazz players to TELL him where to go, and when. Its hard to see on TV, but that the games is obvious.

Also, tonight during timeouts Korver was obviously explain philly plays, and pointing and talking with the white board which I thought was pretty cool.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#189 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:31 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:
Jazz defense is very poor still. We should be winning games comfortably when we shoot the ball as well as we did tonight.

I kind of disagree, I think the effort was there tonight, we just didnt take care of the D glass (which people forget is defense) and we gave up to many 2nd chance pts, that right there is the difference from 3 pt game and 15 pt Jazz win. If the Jazz would just get back to dominating the glass like they were in past yrs our poorus D would still not deny us road victories and 4th qt meltdowns.

Also I didnt think you had fan glasses at all, Dalembret and Evans got away with a lot and I mean a lot of contact down low. They didnt call one single over the back or loose ball call against phila the entire night. In fact that Korver call near the end of the game where they tried to trap him was the first time in the entire 2nd half that they gave us a ticky tack call that usually riddles the opposing team with FTs all night.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,099

Post#190 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:34 am

I was particularily impressed with one play by Korver nobody may have noticed.

One of Philly's guards was bringing the ball down the court, looking to make a coast to coast dash to the backet and Korver stepped over into the paint behind 2 Jazz defenders making it impossible.

It was a small thing, but, it really made a difference, if he'd have not moved there we might have been looking at an 'and 1' situation. I haven't noticed that kind of play being made by Jazz players too often this year, and I just thought I'd point it out.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
trueblue8to5
Sophomore

Post#191 » by trueblue8to5 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:36 am

You can't expect us to play defense for nearly a minute every possession. The rotations were nearly spot on every possession, except for a few miscommunications. The problem squarely lies on rebounding, you're not supposed to win when giving up a wide rebounding margin on both the defensive and offensive glass. Too many second chance opportunities leads to a tired defense, which leads to a lazy defense, which leads to fouling.

We were blistering hot from three, that kept us a float. I hope the rebounding issue is only with the Sixers matchup, we usually rebound very well against everyone else.
Rive
Junior

Post#192 » by Rive » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:31 am

The Sheik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fishers was totally uncalled for and he didnt deserve it the least bit. Gira on the other hand...who cares. Im happy the boo'd him, none of us where ever 100% satisfied with his efforts (Sloan or not). Gira is a selfish teammate and Im happy he is gone.

I'm glad we booed him. Both Giricek and Fisher deserved to be booed. Do you know why????? BECAUSE THEY PLAY FOR THE OTHER ****ING TEAM!!!

Pace Mannion and the boys were all saying how classless it was. Who cares... my hell, the fans pay a crapload of money for tickets... they should boo whoever the opponent is. Its not like they are seeing Giricek or Fisher on the street during the day and booing them and throwing things at them.... that would equal classless.... booing at a game is a part of the game.

All you ****ing babies who are embarrassed because we boo should all wake up. Giricek and Fisher will be fine. And besides that.... WTF did either of them ever do for us?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Livno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#193 » by Livno » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:20 am

TexJazz wrote:Yup , without Gira that will be at least two less turnovers per game.

He had 278 TO in 226 Utah games = 1.2 TO per Game

You are all way to much overating this point!

Best Utah Season: 0,95 TO
Worst Utah Season: 1,70 TO
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#194 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:43 am

Stanko Barac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

OMG, we arent being serious about the 2 TPG. Have you watched a lot of Jazz games? It seems like he gets called for travels 5 times a game. Dont be defensive because you are a Euro Gira fan.
Sloanfeld
Banned User

Post#195 » by Sloanfeld » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:09 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:The Jazz offense must not be that complex. I don't know how else Korver could look like he's been playing it for years.

The 76ers broadcast team said that Korver had no trouble quickly learning all 11 plays in Sloan's offense.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#196 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:30 pm

Sloanfeld wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The 76ers broadcast team said that Korver had no trouble quickly learning all 11 plays in Sloan's offense.

Haha, and yet they have been productive for years.
soapblaster
Starter
And1: 1

Post#197 » by soapblaster » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:40 pm

Stanko Barac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What were his number of minutes played during those seasons? I bet that if he played full starter's minutes he would be damn close to 2 TOPG
Bat wrote:Utah is one of the most depressing cities.
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#198 » by bigdavid » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:10 am

I have been a sixer fan for as long as I can remember. I was sick to see Korver go. He was my favorite and a fan favorite in Philly.

If the sixers had to loose I am glad it was to the Jazz because of Korver. If Sloan plays him enough minutes he will be a great asset to the Jazz.

There was some talk that he didn't play good "D" but having watched every game I can tell you this isn't true. He not onlly has a great BB I.Q. but he is a lot tougher player than given credit for. Good Luck...............

Return to Utah Jazz