Kyle Korver's Socks

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach
And1: 0

Kyle Korver's Socks 

Post#1 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:00 am

Did anyone else notice that Korer was allowed to stick with his knee high socks. With Jerry Sloan's strictness on his players looking identical on the court (hence the no headbands, same color shoes, etc.), was anyone else SUPRISED to see that Sloan permitted the socks??

stevebozell
Starter

Post#2 » by stevebozell » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:03 am

I wasnt, Sloans never had a problem with socks. For some idiotic reason, he wont allow headbands, but thats about it. Makes that rule seem even dumber, doesnt it?
ColdBlue wrote:I think NJN should go to the cave and whip up a Sloan + NJN + anal lube = Championship sig.
Malone Strong
Banned User

Post#3 » by Malone Strong » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:06 am

I love to wear the knee-high socks that Keith Van Horn used to wear. If Sloan had a problem with socks, that would be like him having a problem with your jock strap...
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#4 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:09 am

I was always under the belief that Sloan required all of his players to be uniform in their dress. Thats why when they wanted to go to black shoes on the road, they had to have everyone in agreeance. Its just hit me as weird that Korver was allowed to be "un-uninformed" with the rest of the team.

As a side note, I dig the tall socks. I still wear high socks when I play.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#5 » by The Sheik » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:26 am

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:I was always under the belief that Sloan required all of his players to be uniform in their dress. Thats why when they wanted to go to black shoes on the road, they had to have everyone in agreeance. Its just hit me as weird that Korver was allowed to be "un-uninformed" with the rest of the team.

As a side note, I dig the tall socks. I still wear high socks when I play.

I was actually wondering this before he played last night. I'm happy he didn't say anything, I don't think socks are a big deal. On a side note it doesnt look likes Sloans/Organizations rule has built much unity, maybe we should let our players be their own individual selves, perhaps they will play better.

Korvers socks and Deshawn Stevenson wearing a headband on throwback night are the only times I have seen Sloan violations. In fact that example of shoes was all on Oster*ag.

I rock the Eddie House look when I played ball in HS and even now. I like the long socks and the head band has more to do with the sweating then being cool.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#6 » by Reckless » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:39 am

As a Ute fan I always loved the Knee High Sock style that KVH used

Now Korver bringing it back to Utah!
Torriero
Junior

Post#7 » by Torriero » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:13 am

ut_jazz wrote:As a Ute fan I always loved the Knee High Sock style that KVH used

Now Korver bringing it back to Utah!

Even as a BYU fan Keith had me wearing high socks in Jr. Jazz/middle school ball/church ball, and I admittingly also took a liking to the #44. Those Utah teams with 3-4 NBA players were too awesome to hate on.

Just a little info from NBA.com since I never really pay attention to socks and was curious what the NBA rules were on them:

All players on a team must wear the same style and colour of socks. At least one inch of a sock must be visible above a shoe at all times. A player's two socks must be worn at the same height.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#8 » by CAE15 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:54 am

did everyone forget him? Image
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#9 » by The Sheik » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:23 am

New Jazzy Nets wrote:did everyone forget him? (picture)

that is possible the ugliest uniform/outfit I have ever seen. God those jerseys were ugly.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#10 » by FJS » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:14 pm

I love these jersey... I have one of them.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#11 » by CAE15 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:18 pm

I liked the black jerseys aswell, only jazz jersey I actually own and the player on it, some will probably never guess who it is. So i'll just say it, John Starks #9. Of course that was back in the day when I got jerseys and such for christmas.

Glad we basically have those jerseys again only the color is blue an dnot black, shame we cant win in them anymore.

Return to Utah Jazz