Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Pappyman
Junior
And1: 0

would anyone do this trade? 

Post#1 » by Pappyman » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:52 am

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Utah and Memphis being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Utah and Memphis had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #4385069
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.
Utah Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +2.0 ppg, -0.7 rpg, and +1.6 apg.
Incoming Players
Damon Stoudamire
5-10 PG from Arizona
7.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 3.8 apg in 21.3 minutes
Outgoing Players
Jason Hart
6-2 PG from Syracuse
3.2 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 12.1 minutes
Jarron Collins
6-11 PF / C from Stanford
2.1 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.6 minutes
Memphis Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -2.0 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and -1.6 apg.
Incoming Players
Jason Hart
6-2 PG from Syracuse
3.2 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 12.1 minutes
Jarron Collins
6-11 PF / C from Stanford
2.1 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.6 minutes
Outgoing Players
Damon Stoudamire
5-10 PG from Arizona
7.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 3.8 apg in 21.3 minutes

I posted it because Stoudamire has asked the Grizzlies to trade him. I think that he would be an excellent backup to Deron.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#2 » by CAE15 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:58 am

no i wouldnt, two reasons, as much as i dont like the 2 we're trading, damon is complainging about being taken off the starting lineup, 10 minutes a game is not going to keep him happy and he can be quite the un happy camper. Plus trading collins we really have no depth at center, it's fine as long as we dont get hit by injuries(knock on wood) but we do need collins right now. Diop I think would be our perfect backup center, Big guy who blocks shots and can rebound, not getting time in Dallas, but then dallas fans will say were saving him for the playoffs, blah blah.
jazz__stoner
Veteran

Post#3 » by jazz__stoner » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:09 am

Dude post in the trade thread. Keep this board clean please.
Pappyman
Junior

Post#4 » by Pappyman » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:39 am

sorry, bro. my bad. if i come up with any other, that's where i'll post 'em.
Da110n0rcutt
Junior

16-18 

Post#5 » by Da110n0rcutt » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:15 am

Damon will get more minutes if he comes here, with Deron getting 30 minutes a night then Mighty Mouse can get the other 18, thats significant minutes still.
“We’re a playoff team, just not a championship team..I think we still need a couple more pieces and until we get those pieces.." - Deron Williams
The Sheik
General Manager

Re: 16-18 

Post#6 » by The Sheik » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:23 am

Da110n0rcutt wrote:Damon will get more minutes if he comes here, with Deron getting 30 minutes a night then Mighty Mouse can get the other 18, thats significant minutes still.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
trueblue8to5
Sophomore

Post#7 » by trueblue8to5 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:48 am

We all know Deron playing ~40 minutes a night isn't great, but 30 minutes a night for Deron?
:falloff:
Da110n0rcutt
Junior

ok 

Post#8 » by Da110n0rcutt » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:34 am

SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T CHECK THE TRADE THREAD BECAUSE I POST THERE, HERE IS MY RESPONSE TO THIS, BECAUSE ITS ALSO IN THE TRADE THREAD, AND I AM NOT SPAMMING, and in the words of Les Miles, "THANK YOU VERY MUCH..HAVE A GREAT DAY!"

ok then give Deron another 5 to 8 minutes, 10 to 13 minutes is more than Memphis is going to give Damon, so I am off by that much and its the end of the world for you? Better? Deron 35-38/Damon 10-13. Trust me if Damon could choose to go to another sub-par team and not win a championship just to start, I don't think so, he wants one bad enough he will come here and back up Deron for whatever minutes Deron gets. So, according to ESPN Deron averages 37.5 minutes a game, but you don't think for those 10 to 15 minutes Deron sits Damon would be better then Jason Hart, right, please you really think that...becasue honestly thats what I am trying to get at is Damon would be our main back up BUT not more minutes then Deron or even half but WE DESPRATELY NEED A BETTER BACK UP THEN JASON HART! I admit I may have been 5 to 8 minutes off..my bad, but what I am just getting at I would like Damon over Jason, anyday of the week, and maybe twice on Sundays.
“We’re a playoff team, just not a championship team..I think we still need a couple more pieces and until we get those pieces.." - Deron Williams
trueblue8to5
Sophomore

Post#9 » by trueblue8to5 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:55 am

So you're suggesting we ditch our back-up point, who has just learned the system over months of training camp, preseason, and regular season. Bring in a guy in Damon, who doesn't know the system, plays even less defense than Hart, and have another month of point guard struggles to "potentially" be better after?

Let's stick with Hart for now.
Da110n0rcutt
Junior

Post#10 » by Da110n0rcutt » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:10 am

When has Hart started, ran a team, and been to the playoffs with a team? Damon is has done those with Portland, he has a better basketball IQ, and he has been there done that and not as old as Sam Cassell!
de2nd
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#11 » by de2nd » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:34 am

Da110n0rcutt wrote:When has Hart started, ran a team, and been to the playoffs with a team?

Well......

Jason Hart was the starting PG for 27 games in Charlotte in 04/05, and he was the starter at the end of last season for the Los Angeleas Clippers and did a damn good job with them. They were hot at the end of last season with them.

He's been on San Antonios playoff roster in 03/04, and was with the Sacramento Kings in 05/06.

Owned.
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#12 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:00 pm

de2nd wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well......

Jason Hart was the starting PG for 27 games in Charlotte in 04/05, and he was the starter at the end of last season for the Los Angeleas Clippers and did a damn good job with them. They were hot at the end of last season with them.

He's been on San Antonios playoff roster in 03/04, and was with the Sacramento Kings in 05/06.

Owned.

Owned??? You know what he meant, and the truth is Hart has NEVER EVER ran a team (been starting PG for a season) and lead that team to the playoffs like Damon has.

BTW, I posted this trade on the trade thread, and IMO we would have to add either picks or ca$h to get them to do it. It would also force the hand to either bring Fess back up and play him consistantly, or get another (and by definition better) backup C (maybe Hoffa? I know, he wasn't as good but IMO had a good impact on our team chemistry wise, worked hard and always brought energy).

Imagine, getting rid og both Hart and Collins in a single trade, and even bring back a solid VET that would help us??? :o :o

One can only :pray: :pray: :pray:
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
sendai91
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#13 » by sendai91 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:11 pm

I don't know, I haven't been bowled over by Hart either, but Hart has about 4 inches on Damon who I think is around 5'9" or 5'10", and Damon has never struck me as a Sloan kind of guy. Remember when Mark Jackson came to the team and tried to embarass Stockton and caused a lot of havoc a few years ago? I kind of have the same worry about Stoudamire. Collins isn't great, but I'm not sure that Fes is ready for his minutes yet, either. Collins knows how to take a charge, is reasonably cheap, and what happens if we trade Collins and heaven forbid either Okur or Fes are injured? Too much risk here for not enough return, imho..
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#14 » by idajazz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:34 pm

where are we going to get size when we play teams with good bigs, especially when ours get in foul trouble?

Say what you will about Collins, he is a decent back up big. I don't want or expect more than that.
Dozer!
Senior
And1: 46

Post#15 » by Dozer! » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:35 pm

You guys are missing the most important points on why this trade won't work or happen. Stoudamire would not want to come here. With teams like Miami that needs a starting point or teams like Boston we would be low on his list. Also Jazz management would never let a player of his character on this team.
It takes awhile to learn the Jazz system. We need to give Hart more time.
kebutah
Analyst
And1: 99

Post#16 » by kebutah » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:45 pm

If Korver can be comfortable with all 11 plays after a few days I fail to understand why it has taken Hart so long to understand it. That said I agree that Stoudamire is not the answer for us either. It is very rare that you see a team trade big for small.
Dozer!
Senior
And1: 46

Post#17 » by Dozer! » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:28 pm

All Korver has to do is shoot the ball not run the team. Also the players and coaches are telling Korver where to go during the game.

Return to Utah Jazz