Carlos Boozer is useless, dumb, and lacking heart.

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

BiggMann
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#41 » by BiggMann » Thu May 15, 2008 10:25 pm

Tru Dat!!
Take it to the rack with some authority, draw some contact...hell run someone over get a charge. Just show some heart.
Bye Bye Sloan, Good Riddance Deron. Hello new Era in Jazz Basketball.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#42 » by CAE15 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:27 pm

someone post a boozer trade thread, so we can see what could possibly be done.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer
And1: 199

Post#43 » by edfmx86 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Fido wrote:Expecting 25 and 12 in the playoffs is a very high bar. How many players on any team have done that this year?

Remember the Jazz had the Warriors last year--not a skilled defensive team like the Lakers.

Boozer getting 25 and 12 is very easy for him imo, but its not about that stat. he plays terrible basketball, terrible.

his turnovers are killing the us, his jump shot his lame leaning layup

we really need to rethink "power forward" when ours gets blocked by Sasha
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#44 » by HammerDunk » Thu May 15, 2008 10:59 pm

The thing is, the Lakers aren't going to change over the next while, they have the chance of being a dynasty with the team they have now, so it would be silly to keep our team this way if it will never be able to beat them. This year is a great chance to get past them because they aren't 100%. We will see how the next 2 games play out, the Jazz can still win in 7, which isn't completely impossible, but will be very very tough to do. If we lose, I think we need to look at what needs to change.

This team is extremely potent offensively, it is obvious to me that we need to add to the defense and suffer a little offense. Getting rid of AK is a bad idea IMO at this point, as he is one of the few guys in the league that can give Kobe some fits. We need to pick up a big that can play some better defense, and with Memos big playoff play, it seems to me that the obvious one is Boozer. He is a MAJOR defensive liability. His offense can be very great, but when he gets intimidated, he shrivels up. There is no other way to explain it other than he is weak mentally.

A good defensive PF is the key to us getting past the Lakers in the future, and you can throw New Orleans in that boat with West too. It would be a huge help to have a good defensive PF that can challenge Odom and West.

But I'm not that smart, I could be missing something with Boozer. But I did defend him and give him the benefit of the doubt that he would get better as the playoffs continued, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. He has let me down, and the thing that really gets to me is that he doesn't seem to give a crap about it. It just doesn't look good to me.
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by HammerDunk » Thu May 15, 2008 11:00 pm

Fido wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You put the Rockets behind the Nuggets in the playoffs? The Nugz folded like a deck chair.

No I meant other than Denver. Oops.
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by HammerDunk » Thu May 15, 2008 11:02 pm

edfmx86 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Boozer getting 25 and 12 is very easy for him imo, but its not about that stat. he plays terrible basketball, terrible.

his turnovers are killing the us, his jump shot his lame leaning layup

we really need to rethink "power forward" when ours gets blocked by Sasha

It's really an effort thing, it seems like he doesn't care half the time. That is what really pisses me off. I can stand watching Harpring play because he tries really hard, same with Sap and Price. Sometimes guys like Price take it too far and get giddy, but that is better than being too passive IMO.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by JStockLivesOn » Fri May 16, 2008 12:07 am

HammerDunk wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's really an effort thing, it seems like he doesn't care half the time. That is what really pisses me off. I can stand watching Harpring play because he tries really hard, same with Sap and Price. Sometimes guys like Price take it too far and get giddy, but that is better than being too passive IMO.

Exactly. The Boozer apologists (I don't often use that term) are acting as if he's playing his heart out and not quite getting there. He's playing like he doesn't give a ****, and I don't think he does.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
Ern III
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#48 » by Ern III » Fri May 16, 2008 5:54 am

This is what happens when one writes while angry.

I'm sure that when you take the measuring stick to Carlos Boozer in a state of calm, you'll realise that he's not lacking for competitiveness. He's just not big or athletic enough to dominate Odom and/or Gasol at either end. There's no shame in that; they're damn good players, and probably just shade Booze in terms of talent.

He's trying to win. If his rebounds were also down I'd be truly concerned about a lack of effort.
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by HammerDunk » Fri May 16, 2008 6:17 am

Ern III wrote:This is what happens when one writes while angry.

I'm sure that when you take the measuring stick to Carlos Boozer in a state of calm, you'll realise that he's not lacking for competitiveness. He's just not big or athletic enough to dominate Odom and/or Gasol at either end. There's no shame in that; they're damn good players, and probably just shade Booze in terms of talent.

He's trying to win. If his rebounds were also down I'd be truly concerned about a lack of effort.

You're wrong. Boozer is MUCH stronger than Odom, he just doesn't use his physical strength to his advantage enough on the defensive end. He may not be as long, but he is built well enough to bang with Odom, but he avoids it. He commits the WEAKEST fouls I have ever seen in my life. If you are going to swipe at Kobe as he drives by, hit him hard and knock the ball away. DO NOT let him get the +1.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#50 » by jozef » Fri May 16, 2008 6:48 am

I need to explain you Phil Jackson's tactics cause most of you misunderstand what's going on there.

1) LAKERS DEFENSE: crowd on Boozer and contest Williams drives, sag off Brewer and Kirilenko. That's why Brewer started last game with 10 points (only 4 of them were on fastbreak) before Boozer even took first shot. Go back and watch Bryant not even going closer to Brewer and Kirilenko - Phil Jackson want them to beat Lakers on jumpers.

2) LAKERS OFFENSE: beside regular triangle stuff they rely on Bryant-Gasol picknroll. They never send Odom there. Guess what, they rely on Okur's slowness. Okur has no business to bother Bryant and he is too slow to recover back to Gasol so Boozer is repeatedly in helpless postion to cover both rolling Gasol and waiting Odom.

Next time watch the game in the light of this tactics and you'll realize how important the spreading is and you would not question Boozer's heart. He had 6 offensive rebs, btw.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by JStockLivesOn » Fri May 16, 2008 11:01 am

Thanks for that annoying bit of condescension. It's not borne out by what's happening on the court, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4rv6XAaIg

The words "lazy" and "pussy" reverberate through my head watching that clip.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
kingju1ce
Pro Prospect

Post#52 » by kingju1ce » Fri May 16, 2008 12:14 pm

I just want to see him get a tech...or do anything to show that he has had enough. I know players are trying to keep their composure but evidently that isn't working for him so get fired up and pissed off already!! I want to see him growling as he is taking on the defence and punishing them...not yelling "And 1!!"

Anyway, I still think he bounces back in our house.

Go Jazz
--------------------------------
Yes, that is DWill finishing with a two handed oop.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#53 » by jozef » Fri May 16, 2008 2:01 pm

In that video it's his only defensive mistake of the game. Mental mistake: stupid close defense far behind perimeter.

Now look at highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw2RJ6zsMoI
Check out this points: 1:30, 1:50, 2:00, 3:20
AJD
Ballboy

Post#54 » by AJD » Fri May 16, 2008 3:13 pm

I can't believe how hard people are on Boozer. He is having a rough series at LA. But if you get rid of Boozer you lose the most dominant rebounding presence on the team. We go from one of the best rebounding teams to something else. He also scores and draws a lot of attention.

I fault Boozer for not being able to match up well with Gasol or Odom. Also, he has always needed to go to the rack with more power. He needs to improve in those areas. He should work on forcing Odom and the Lakers to adjust to him instead of trying to adjust to them; he should impose his will.

Most of those criticizing him have no loyalty at all.
Ern III
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#55 » by Ern III » Sat May 17, 2008 5:41 am

HammerDunk wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're wrong. Boozer is MUCH stronger than Odom, he just doesn't use his physical strength to his advantage enough on the defensive end. He may not be as long, but he is built well enough to bang with Odom, but he avoids it. He commits the WEAKEST fouls I have ever seen in my life. If you are going to swipe at Kobe as he drives by, hit him hard and knock the ball away. DO NOT let him get the +1.

Nobody's disputing the comparative physical strength of the two players. There's no doubt Carlos is stronger than Lamar. I'm talking about talent and mostly athleticism. The reason he swipes and commits these fouls is because he doesn't have the footspeed to be in the correct position. Forget strength, forget anticipation - it's a fundamental question of speed and balance. At 6'9", he needs to be significantly more athletic in order to compete with Odom and Gasol. The only match-up I've seen in which he has a distinct athletic advantage is Yao Ming. And it's hard to knock a guy going to the hoop over when you don't have a base on which to balance yourself.

Return to Utah Jazz