Booz to Miami does not work

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Re: Booz to Miami does not work 

Post#21 » by idajazz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:00 pm

The Sheik wrote:Do you have sources on your Boozer info? Or are you just listening to people that talk to the VPS valets too much?

Everyone knows that Boozer is going to opt out. Everyone knows that he cares about 2 things...stats/accolades and getting paid. Utah is his #1 option. Boozer ****ed over a blind guy to get paid, you really think he is going to go to Miami just cuz he lives there and give up 20 mil that he wont get at the end of his contract?

why does that keep coming up? That is the most (Please Use More Appropriate Word) thing you could say.
If you followed that situation you would know that the "blind guy" tried to break the friggin rules and stiff Boozer, I think it was just a matter of Boozer having a smart agent, who beat the "blind guy" at his own game.

If Boozer decides that Miami is best for him and his family I will not hold it against him, I just want to see the Jazz get something of value in return.
hoops4life
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#22 » by hoops4life » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 pm

I absolutely drives me nuts when people refer to him as a "blind" guy. Why does that really matter? Does that make him less of a business man some how? Doesn't he still have advisors and a GM to help?
Getjazz
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#23 » by Getjazz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:41 pm

I'm with you hoops4life. Whats up with that? I say screw them if they are blind, crippled, or even some dude that just had a sex change. Who cares. :)
hoops4life
General Manager

Post#24 » by hoops4life » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:58 pm

It makes him sound like he is innocent. The guy owns an NBA team. He has to be worth millions upon millions. You don't do that being dumb. The guy is smart enough to make millions but all of a sudden because he is blind he is some how incapable of negotiating or making a business deal. Was it just Boozer, his agent, and Gund in the room negotiating and booz's agent says, "sure we will sign for less." and then looks at booz and winks? There were other people there to help. Plus, nobody wants to mention how a "blind" guy tried to screw over a "young" inexperience man.
qman
Pro Prospect
And1: 10

Post#25 » by qman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:55 pm

Here is what Utah has to offer that Miami doesn't. Deron Williams. Deron is locked for years. Wade is only locked up for the next two seasons.
Build a man a fire keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire keep him warm for the rest of his life.
hoops4life
General Manager

Post#26 » by hoops4life » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:04 pm

Deron is really only an extra two years than Wade.
lapassione
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#27 » by lapassione » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 pm

i dont believe the jazz would offer him $110M with this one-sided game... i think miami or some other team will offer him more money than jazz does.
The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#28 » by The Sheik » Fri Aug 1, 2008 2:13 am

Rather then look over minor details like illegal handshake deals it sounds more dramatic to think of a guy on raggedy clothes, dark glasses with a tin cup in one hand and a long white stick in the other.

Personally Im not worried or care about Boozers politics, its Cleveland's own fault for being dumb enough to release him.

Booz will stay here if the money is on the table.

Im more worried about Millsap and Korver.

Return to Utah Jazz