Media Day

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Media Day 

Post#1 » by Lava Rock Kid » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:35 pm

Finally in 1 week we get real jazz news again.

Any predictions on who is not in shape?

My guess is that Sloan is not happy with Kirilenko. I hear he is currently traveling Europe and I doubt if he is working on his game.

Okur may be flabby too from not playing this summer.

I think Fes will be in much better shape after the poor summer league.

Miles should look better too.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Re: Media Day 

Post#2 » by carrottop12 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:54 pm

AK is one of those natural freaks who probably takes a day or two to get back into shape, I wouldn't worry about him.

And I think after his first season here Memo knows too come into camp shape.

Koufos and Fes are who I'd worry about, Fes for his immaturity and Koufos for not understanding what the league means.
The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#3 » by The Sheik » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Fes is a lock for the doghouse...seems like eveyones opinion of this guy have changed. He cant stay healthy...I mean this in regards to the way he eats and trains.
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#4 » by erudite23 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking Fes and maaaayyyybe Okur are the two most likely to come in out of shape. Memo is a long shot, and I normally wouldn't mention him, but I just have a feeling he's been using the summer to catch up on not doing a damn thing.

Fes, though, is basically a lock to be out of shape. He doesn't seem to get what kind of condition you have to be in to play NBA basketball. He had a problem with it in his first summer league, all throughout last year, and then again this summer. The dude is starting to look like a first class knucklehead to me. I hope I'm wrong.

Besides that, I don't think we have to worry about anyone else on the roster. AK is a natural athlete, so he is never far from being in game shape. Boozer and DWill are both bankable. Harp is a vet that you never have to worry about. Ronnie and CJ both have been working hard to get better this summer, in hopes of earning more PT. Millsap. Collins doesn't matter. Price is not a concern, and Knight doesn't really need to be in great shape, though he seems like the type that you don't have to worry about.

Koufos, lastly, has been mentioned as having a great NBA body already, and everything I've read suggests that he trains relentlessly. You never know with rookies for sure, but I'm not worried about him.
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#5 » by Soul Patch » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:53 pm

I don't think anyone has to worry about Memo being out of shape. He seems to have the right attitude and knows what's expected of him.

http://www.memo13.com/index.asp?id=12598
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#6 » by BarneyGumble » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58 pm

Soul Patch wrote:I don't think anyone has to worry about Memo being out of shape. He seems to have the right attitude and knows what's expected of him.

http://www.memo13.com/index.asp?id=12598

Okur sounds to be very focused. He seems to understand what we're doing as a team and not worry about himself individually so much. I was also not suprised that Okur feels the series was one-sided with Lakers being allowed to play as physical as us but not being whistled the same way...
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Duiz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:00 am

I think Okur will be coming to the team very fat... hopefully healed of his tendon... Back to first season Okur perhaps?
QuantumMacgyver
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#8 » by QuantumMacgyver » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:11 pm

I don't think it makes any sense to assume that Memo will be coming back out of shape. After his first training camp he has always shown up in great shape. On top of that there was a post on here a few days ago talking about Memos beard and he looked to be in pretty good shape. One thing to consider is that this is Jerry Sloan were talking about... even if every player showed up in the best shape of their lives Sloan would still say someone is not in the shape they should be. He's never been one to give people any reason to think they don't need to improve. Thats why he is easily one of the best coaches in NBA history. With that said I'm sure CJ is out of shape. He has been every single year... according to Sloan. Saying that CJ has been working hard to earn PT is a little unwarrented. If he REALLY wanted more playing time he would've played in the summer league. I like the kid but he is always outta shape when training camp rolls around. Fes is still not in NBA shape but hes also like what... 15 years old. Koufos is also probably on the list. I'm not knocking the guy but he is a rookie. Even D-Will wasn't in NBA ready shape his first season and I doubt anyone on the teams trains harder than D-Will... except maybe Collins. Also I think Gary Briggs is a real possibility as well.

Return to Utah Jazz