The reality thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

The reality thread 

Post#1 » by The Sheik » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:57 am

Do you think Utah is capable of winning it all this season?

I sure dont. We are going to probably again not have HCA. We cant beat LA in a 7 game series without it and we cant win in SA. We would likely have to get through 2 of these teams:

Houston, Nola, LA and SAS

to make the finals and even then we dont have the defense or star power to beat Lebron or the Celts in the finals.

With all of that said its time to blow this bitch up.

Trade Boozer for depth we need an athletic wing and a solid backup for Millsap.

Backup scenario is to acquire cap space by trading Boozer and Harpring to Miami for Shawn Marion and a 1st round pick.

Miami could just wait till the summer, but I think they would want to acquire him now if they could dump Marion and get Booz to make a playoff run. If we do that deal we would have about 6-7 mil under the cap which wouldnt matter much after re-signing AK. AK really hurts our cap.

I also think that Orlando and Utah would be great trade partners. A boozer and Almond for Hedo and Cook trade (maybe add some draft compensation) would be good for both teams.

The next step is to seriously evaluate the remaining member of the "big 4". Obviously Deron is off the table, but if we can get something for AK and free up cap space by 2010 or even this coming summer I would be willing to move him.

The point of this season was to go all in and try and win or if we were very close to continue on with this core and pay luxury tax. IMHO this core of players will not win a title. It was a nice 4 yr run, but its over.

We need to do a semi-rebuild and have a 4-5 yr run in a couple yrs with most of our major players in their prime and teams such as SAS, Dal and PHX on the decline.
jazz__stoner
Veteran

Re: The reality thread 

Post#2 » by jazz__stoner » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:50 am

Nobody can beat Boston in the East and nobody can beat LAL in the West. That's reality. Time to refigure.
kebutah
Analyst
And1: 99

Post#3 » by kebutah » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:12 pm

If we cant't beat the best teams in the league then it is time to figure out what we need to do to be successful. Just making the playoffs should never be the goal when the season starts. We have regressed from conference finals-second round to what.
outerspacefella
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#4 » by outerspacefella » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:36 pm

Jazz is third NW and ninth West. That's reality.
Reality is we have a lot wing players, but no none of them seems to be able to just set himself and make a shot when needed.
Reality is you won't win games if Williams and Kirilenko fill the stats for 14 turnovers.
Reality is Brewer playing 70% of the player he was last season, Williams not playing well enough, Miles struggling after a few good games, Okur playing well every other game, and Boozer not playing at all.
Reality's Harpring won't be agin the hustler and dynamic player he was and Korver's struggling,
Reality is we still don't have a big fella taking care of the paint on D (I hope Koufos will be the man but he's just a rookie whom has been forced to play right of the bat).
Do we need Boozer? Yes. Would Boozer take us off this slump? I don't think so.
Jazz need to get Williams to play as the player he was and cut the turnovers. Only then the Jazz will be competitive enough.
freakazoid
Banned User

Post#5 » by freakazoid » Thu Jan 1, 2009 8:11 am

jazz__stoner wrote:Nobody can beat Boston in the East and nobody can beat LAL in the West. That's reality. Time to refigure.

Wrong.

David Stern can beat them both with his little elf arms.

He also goes by the name Ugly Kid Joe.

Return to Utah Jazz