Time for moves or complacency?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

How would you proceed with this season?

Make a trade - Try to win now.
25%
Make a trade - Dump salaries, start planning for next season.
33%
Stick it out - Wait and see what happens when/if everyone is healthy.
42%

Total votes: 12

majortripps69
Senior
And1: 2

Time for moves or complacency? 

Post#1 » by majortripps69 » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:47 am

I think we are almost to the point in the season where a choice has to be made. It's a choice of whether you try to make your team better to win now, or take the side of complacency and play with the current team and see what that takes you. I'm curious how others feel about this.

I think it's about time for this team to make a move. It's painfully obvious to everyone that we can't win right now. There is no way we are even in the top 5-6 teams in the West right now and if the season continues this way, we'll be sitting at home in May. The Jazz need to make a trade if they intend to salvage this season, otherwise we wait until next season and see who's left on the roster (how many FA's are we going to have)? I fully expect Okur and Korver will opt out of their contracts as well as Boozer (unless he misses the rest of the season, he could hamstring us by playing out his final season).

So.. We have to look at what this team needs to make the ship right? In a nutshell, some size down low in the PF position. Millsap is a beast, yes, but we need more than just Millsap. Memo is not a good PF, not physical enough and let's face it, he plays much better away from the hoop.

The other deficient area this team has right now is scoring. We need a go-to scorer. Someone who can come out and get you offense when you need it. Normally I would leave this for Deron, but with his play this season, you never know if he is going to bring it or not. Perhaps a SG or SF that can fill this position, who could be attained.

Obviously, you can't get something for nothing. Who would you put on the trading block to bring back some good pieces? I already know Collins/Harpring and Almond are going to be the first ones pushed, but let's be realistic about it.

So... What say you?
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Re: Time for moves or complacency? 

Post#2 » by Ming Kong! » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:16 pm

It's kind of a funny year, with so many guys taking a big step forward:

Millsap becoming a stud
Miles becoming a starter
Kirilenko thriving again, off the bench
Koufos off to a strong start as a rookie
Fesenko showing signs of a bright future

Even Almond has had some bright moments

I think we might need to show some complacency, but at the same time be open to offers which could be helpful.
freakazoid
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Time for moves or complacency? 

Post#3 » by freakazoid » Sun Jan 4, 2009 6:18 am

Great thread.

Seriously, who cares that injuries have been a huge factor?

Let's trade everyone anyway.

That way we'll know if blah blah blah blah.

Oh, and we suck.

P.S. I voted for complacency.

Return to Utah Jazz